What's new

Vigil for UW grad allegedly killed by husband in Pakistan

nahtanbob

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States

WATERLOO — Friends and family are holding a vigil later this month for a University of Waterloo graduate who allegedly died at the hands of her husband.

On Sept. 23, 37-year-old Sarah Inam was allegedly killed by her husband of four months in the couple’s suburban home in Pakistan, the Associated Press reported. The couple had reportedly had a dispute over a family issue.

Inam’s husband, Shahnawaz Amir, was arrested and confessed to police that he repeatedly hit Inam with a dumbbell before trying to hide her body in a bathtub.

She then worked in public policy and economic development.

“Kind, gentle, beautiful Sarah touched the hearts and enriched lives of everyone who met her, before she was taken away by the person who was supposed to love and cherish her the most,” read a tribute in an entry about the vigil on the university’s website.

“We cherish memories of you Sarah and will fight for the justice you deserve.”

Amir is the son of Ayaz Amir, a prominent columnist and TV political analyst in Pakistan. Ayaz was also arrested for alleged involvement in Inam’s death, and appeared in court on Sept. 25 in Islamabad, according to The Associated Press.

Inam earned two degrees in economics from the University of Waterloo: an undergraduate degree in 2005 and a master’s in 2007.

Spellings for Inam’s name varied: the University of Waterloo and other news publications spelled her first name with an “h,” while The Associated Press spelled it without.

University of Waterloo president Vivek Goel tweeted on Sept. 26 that he was “deeply saddened” by Inam’s death.

“The continued prevalence of gender-based violence here in Canada and around the world weighs heavily on us all,” Goel wrote.

The vigil will be held in the arts quad of University of Waterloo on Oct. 16 at 2 p.m.

To register for the vigil, go to uwaterloo.ca/arts/vigil-memory-sarah-inam-registration.

WATERLOO — Friends and family are holding a vigil later this month for a University of Waterloo graduate who allegedly died at the hands of her husband.

On Sept. 23, 37-year-old Sarah Inam was allegedly killed by her husband of four months in the couple’s suburban home in Pakistan, the Associated Press reported. The couple had reportedly had a dispute over a family issue.

Inam’s husband, Shahnawaz Amir, was arrested and confessed to police that he repeatedly hit Inam with a dumbbell before trying to hide her body in a bathtub.

She then worked in public policy and economic development.

“Kind, gentle, beautiful Sarah touched the hearts and enriched lives of everyone who met her, before she was taken away by the person who was supposed to love and cherish her the most,” read a tribute in an entry about the vigil on the university’s website.

“We cherish memories of you Sarah and will fight for the justice you deserve.”

Amir is the son of Ayaz Amir, a prominent columnist and TV political analyst in Pakistan. Ayaz was also arrested for alleged involvement in Inam’s death, and appeared in court on Sept. 25 in Islamabad, according to The Associated Press.

Inam earned two degrees in economics from the University of Waterloo: an undergraduate degree in 2005 and a master’s in 2007.

Spellings for Inam’s name varied: the University of Waterloo and other news publications spelled her first name with an “h,” while The Associated Press spelled it without.

University of Waterloo president Vivek Goel tweeted on Sept. 26 that he was “deeply saddened” by Inam’s death.

“The continued prevalence of gender-based violence here in Canada and around the world weighs heavily on us all,” Goel wrote.

The vigil will be held in the arts quad of University of Waterloo on Oct. 16 at 2 p.m.

To register for the vigil, go to uwaterloo.ca/arts/vigil-memory-sarah-inam-registration.
37-year-old newly married Canadian woman with a graduate degree wants to move to Pakistan? Something doesn't smell right.

37-year-old newly married Canadian woman with a graduate degree wants to move to Pakistan? Something doesn't smell right.
1665380535528.gif

By age 37, she most probably banged two dozen lad in school and at work. Husband found out that she got a hanging sleeve down there along with dudes still texting her.

Seems like an act of rage.

——/
Just read the story. He was extorting money from her. Scum bag.

Last edited:
His father before the marriage warned her about his drug habit

I don't know what was in this ugly rat that she still went ahead with the marriage

RIP , she seemed very happy judging from her wedding photos atleast

His father before the marriage warned her about his drug habit

I don't know what was in this ugly rat that she still went ahead with the marriage

tragic indeed

View attachment 885988

By age 37, she most probably banged two dozen lad in school and at work. Husband found out that she got a hanging sleeve down there along with dudes still texting her.

Seems like an act of rage.

——/
Just read the story. He was extorting money from her. Scum bag.

So you made that part up?

Son of Ayaz Amir?

Wow, what a douchebag.

Also for fvck sake, if you're living in the west, don't come down to Pakistan to marry and settle.

That wedding was with his previous wife (2nd marriage) coincidentally that girl was also named Sarah.

From what I understand the murder and Sarah Inam were not officially married yet.

So you made that part up?
you know this as a fact ???
I used “probably”. Which means I am making an assumption.

According to story, women married without informing her parents, And later told parents “she is grown up and can make her own decisions”.

Now guys was divorced twice before, and this was his third wife. He was asking the women for money again and again according to her (victims) parents.

Looking back, my assumption seems to be on point. It’s is not uncommon for still single overage desi women in west to be fucking around at work, and on bumble/tinder.

Guy was a douche and most likely realize she isn’t prefect either after marriage and started treating her like a **** buddy and a cash cow until it lasted.

I used “probably”. Which means I am making an assumption.

According to story, women married without informing her parents, And later told parents “she is grown up and can make her own decisions”.

Now guys was divorced twice before, and this was his third wife. He was asking the women for money again and again according to her (victims) parents.

Looking back, my assumption seems to be on point. It’s is not uncommon for still single overage desi women in west to be fucking around at work, and on bumble/tinder.

Guy either realizing after marriage treated her like a **** buddy and a cash cow until it lasted.

I have no problem with assumptions except the lady is dead

Reading comments of Pakistanis before even reading the whole story:

Filthy women - we hate them, they are sluts unless kept oppressed, beaten and uneducated .. and married at 16.

After reading the story
He was extorting money from a slut - bad man but she deserved it

Back
Top Bottom