What's new

Usage of "Indian Subcontinent" should be banned, Say "Asian Subcontinent"

While discussing history, the area may be called Subcontinent. In current parlance, South Asia is quite appropriate.

our bravest and mightest have accepted indian hegemony we are already indian slaves why do you have issue with indian ocean or indian continent...fauji cowards are serving india already!

"THE REPUBLIC OF INDIA" has no national language but their official language is "ENGLISH". Therefore, INDIANS are Celtic-Germanics / Anglo-Saxons ?????????????????????? :P :P :)

Indian constitution specifies Hindi and English as official languages.

"THE REPUBLIC OF INDIA" has no national language but their official language is "ENGLISH". Therefore, INDIANS are Celtic-Germanics / Anglo-Saxons ?????????????????????? :P :P :)
भारत गणराज्य : Republic of India

We are not the ones to call ourselves foreigners just because we might have absorbed some linguistic/cultural elements.

In Pakistan,

Saying "Indian Subcontinent" should banned.

We are not Indians, we are Pakistanis.

Say Asian Subcontinent.
Please ask Bajwas, Gills, Maliks , Randhawas, Suris to get rid of their surname as well,
Indian is your ancestory and you cannot change that,

You guys were Nomadic, then Hindus, then Buddhists, then Hindus, then Sikhs, them Muslims may be by next 100 years you will have a different religion. Religions / beliefs are not permanent but your origins will never change. Your great grand fathers were Indian and this fact cannot be changed

I'm not sure how being 'Indo-Aryan' (a linguistic category) makes someone "racially Indian", by this logic; both Kalash and Sinhalese (Sri-Lankans) are racially the same as they are both Indo-Aryans.

Southerners are highly mixed with Dravidians which makes them their own mix, but sure a minority of them are still going to be Indo-Aryans in a way deeper than just "I speak an Indo-Aryan language"

Kalash are also a relic population, not a good example

I think india has no qualms in accepting and celebrating the “shared history” of our region. Pakistan for most of its existence has worked to actively dissociate from it.
The biggest tragedy of Pakistan is their ever lasting search for an identity. For some weird reason they are not satisfied by Pakistani and Punjabi identity and often jump at every other Muslim figure and culture. First it was arabs then came turkish. For some weird reason they search for a much larger Muslim identity and commonality with older Muslim nations than the real world will allow. The only thing they can totally agree to is "Pakistan is not India". The irony is that they are often confused for Indians by those who do not know it well enough. Much to their chagrin. This syndrome becomes more intense with increasing distance from homeland. This is why you see all these threads. It would have been absolutely hilarious, had it not been so sad.

Oddly enough, India which happens to be much more divided and diverse does not suffer the same issue. There are few "Tamiz" or "Kashmiri" oddballs but over all most of India is contend in its identity as Indian -- for better or for worse.

PS : Funny part is Pakistani are right about name India and Indus river. Oddly enough they seems to be more concerned with it than Indian themselves. There was a demand to name the country officially as Bharat only during meetings of contituent assembly back in 1948 or so. We decided it was more convenient to keep the english name as India only. Its similar to how Japan is actually a distorted Chinese name for that country. The locals in formal settings call it Nihon.

Last edited:
Indonesia should be a called Pakasia, Bro @Indos should rename himself @pakos

Regards

Your country real name is Bharat.

Indonesia real name is Nusantara and it has become the name of our new capital.

My name @Indos is not wrong

Indo/Indos is also term for mixed blood people. Many Indonesians are basically mixed blood as well :haha:

@Indos

Bro,

The word for West in Bahasa is Barat I understand. Is it inspired by Bharat which lies to your west?

Regards

@Indos

Bro,

The word for West in Bahasa is Barat I understand. Is it inspired by Bharat which lies to your west?

Regards

Correct,

I think we can see common language in Sankrit by using Indonesia and Tamil language, since Hindi similarity with Bahasa Indonesia have more connection with Arabic influence

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom