What's new

Usage of "Indian Subcontinent" should be banned, Say "Asian Subcontinent"

Not quite right.

The origin of the term ‘Indo-Pacific’ is traced to German geopolitical scholar Karl Haushofer who used it in the 1920s in his work, ‘Indopazifischen Raum”.

Japan was the first to use the term in its official discourse. Then the US, then ASEAN then everyone else. But you’re not wrong. Institutionalisation of the term (and associated regional constructs) are relatively recent phenomenon.
I never said US invented the term,US-made it the doctrine term for their pivot policy in "Asia Pacific region".
Japan is a cunt of a nation in some way,they want to drag European warmongers NATO in Asia for their own solo interest against rise of China, they also think they can use India to relieve Chinese pressure from Japan, Japanese meddling is a threat china-India war as much as American .
Indo is not relevant to pacific,why not add Mediterranean and Chilean seas too?It's an imperialist design to remove "asia"term for western meddling.

Last edited:
In Pakistan,

Saying "Indian Subcontinent" should banned.

We are not Indians, we are Pakistanis.

Say Asian Subcontinent.

Not a well defined argument.

We have the Indus. In-fact 'Their' identity is based on a river which flows in Pakistan.

Not a well defined argument.

We have the Indus. In-fact 'Their' identity is based on a river which flows in Pakistan.
I think india has no qualms in accepting and celebrating the “shared history” of our region. Pakistan for most of its existence has worked to actively dissociate from it.

Even at a local level, I’m told if people run into any ancient artefacts - especially ones that look like idols— common tendancy is to just destroy it instead of handing over to your archaeology department.

This is a consequence Pakistanis engineered (perhaps even wanted) — no point crying over it now.

I think india has no qualms in accepting and celebrating the “shared history” of our region. Pakistan for most of its existence has worked to actively dissociate from it.

Even at a local level, I’m told if people run into any ancient artefacts - especially ones that look like idols— common tendancy is to just destroy it instead of handing over to your archaeology department.

This is a consequence Pakistanis engineered (perhaps even wanted) — no point crying over it now.
It is not about “shared history”; it is about self-created and self-pleasing "shared history" of RW Indians.

As the state of Pakistan will get older and mature, you will see that the how the engineered history of India will be challenged and debunked :)

It's all about time!

Correct vocabulary
Words like Indian subcontinent instead of South Asia, Desi instead of Pakistani, founder instead of leader for Mr.Jinnah are wrong
Also Qaid didn't like how India kept the name India for itself as India meant a bigger area, he wanted it to be called Hindustan
That's why in old ptv you'll always hear the word Hindustan

I think people should follow what Qaid said and replace India with Hindustan when talking about Hindustan

It is not about “shared history”; it is about self-created and self-pleasing "shared history" of RW Indians.

As the state of Pakistan will get older and mature, you will see that the how the engineered history of India will be challenged and debunked :)

It's all about time!
There’s nothing self-created about our history. No matter how much you claim otherwise. You dont consider yourself part of our shared heritage. When you do, you won’t find Indians denying you your place with us — unlike the Arabs 🙃

Like you said, here’s to hoping you manage to grow up someday!

It's not about dissacociating from India - ordinary Pakistanis don't care as much about India as you have seen ordinary Indians care about Pakistan - it's that they just don't know or care about the proper procedure of handling an artefact, don't know its true value, or think it's an idol and destroy it.

Back
Top Bottom