What's new

US Senate warns Obama on Rouhani in letter signed by 76 lawmakers

That's the problem actually, some people are so ignorant of Arab issues, it's like they wake up from years of sleep, then start right away giving you lessons about your own country and people and what's best for you in a humiliating way. I find it degrading.

Excuse me, who are you again? What is it to you if we complain or not?

No Ummah, you get to get over it my friend. That's not even an option. BTW, don't you realise how pathetic you look when you always whine about this Ummah while Arabs do not give a crap?
Please wake up, wake up!

I am not asking for Ummah, you bring it up yourself. You are celebrated and celebrated again again whenever Syrian were killed or FSA captured innocent people, it was shocking. You are way above the mountain and celebrating in party time, can you do again?

Only Allah who control universe and earth can read your deep heart, He know the best and understood why you celebrated it. It doesn't mean, I am Mullah or extremist but I don't think you are Sunni at all which require to respect others and refrain saying these things, you did all my liberal friend. ;)

I don't know how this turned into an Iran/KSA relations thread. I was more keen on discussing how Iran plans to adjust and react to the next couple years. While also speaking of these elements in the Congress, AIPAC checks? :D

We can also discuss if KSA and Iran ever have diplomatic relations in the future, which they both can benefit a lot from. Hopefully a mutually understanding on Syria.

I am not asking for Ummah, you bring it up yourself. You are celebrated and celebrated again again whenever Syrian were killed or FSA captured innocent people, it was shocking. You are way above the mountain and celebrating in party time, can you do again?

Only Allah who control universe and earth can read your deep heart, He know the best and understood why you celebrated it. It doesn't mean, I am Mullah or extremist but I don't think you are Sunni at all which require to respect others and refrain saying these things, you did all my liberal friend. ;)

I do know myself. It's you who don't know anything about what's going on Syria. Yes and yes, I'll celebrate the death of the ones who destroyed Syria, killed, tortured, and raped tens of thousands of them, displaced millions of them, used all force means against them just to stay in power and keep enslaving them. It's bad to side with the wrong but it's much worse to not know at all which is your case. And the irony, you come here and give us lessons.

I don't care who you are, all I know is that I want nothing more than being away from you and your likes.

I don't know how this turned into an Iran/KSA relations thread. I was more keen on discussing how Iran plans to adjust and react to the next couple years. While also speaking of these elements in the Congress, AIPAC checks? :D

We can also discuss if KSA and Iran ever have diplomatic relations in the future, which they both can benefit a lot from. Hopefully a mutually understanding on Syria.

You mean the fake wannabe Arab Mullah's that have ruled Iran since 1979 and meddling in the Arab world and only spreading problems? If you think that the majority of Iranians care as much about Palestine as we actual Arabs and neighbors of Palestine do (besides being fellow Sunni Arabs unlike Iran) then think again and just see some of the posts made by the Iranian members here. Just because the Iranian Mullahs try to export their version of Islam to the Arab countries and Muslim countries by supporting proxies etc. and in this case giving weapons to Hamas once in a while to gain the support of foolish Arabs who fall for their propaganda etc. it does not mean that most Iranians actually care about Palestine let alone Arabs. I know that you look through Palestinian glasses etc. and you probably would welcome any kind of support to Palestine but you have to think in the wider picture. Besides there is no military solution to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict. There is no reason to fool oneself. As hard as the reality might be.

Besides what kind of consensus do you want us to find with those Mullahs? The same Mullahs who have kept this hideous and murderers Pagan regime alive despite knowing that it is on loan? They are directly responsible for the sufferings of THOUSANDS of Syrian Muslim Arabs. How can we ever sit back with them? That proposal should have come when the conflict was new not 2.5 years after!

Benefit from what? Are we in need of Iran? We are not even neighbors. The only Arab country that borders Iran is Iraq. 99,9% of all Arab countries have not had real relations (as ally with an ally) with Iran for nearly 34 years now and all of us have survived and those of us who have not suffered from war have had a tremendous growth in every department.

Look before we can talk about unity things need to change. I think it is very simple and a simple and fair demand.

AIPAC's Push To Scuttle Iran Diplomacy

Observers of America's Iran policy might be forgiven for doubting the sincerity of those Washington hawks who constantly plea that they both support the Iranian people and hope to avoid launching a war against them. That's because the hawks—in the think tank and lobbying worlds, and especially on Capitol Hill—keep pressing forward with measures that would greatly reduce the possibility of avoiding said war. Yesterday, the House passed yet another round of sanctions against Iran. This comes against the backdrop of a presumed new push for diplomacy as Hassan Rowhani, Iran's moderate president-elect, assembles an administration that looks to move forward with campaign promises he made to the Iranian people, including "peace and reconciliation" with the world and "transparency"—though not capitulation—on the nuclear program. He's also, relatedly, promised to ease Iran's economic crises, which arose due in large part to sanctions against the nuclear program.

The effort to dismiss Iran's elections as unimportant—despite millions of Iranians' willingness to come out and vote for Rowhani—and forge ahead with sanctions stem largely from efforts backed by the American Israeli Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC). The latest sanctions bill, the Nuclear Iran Prevention Act , which passed the House 400 to 20 last night, would impose the as yet toughest measures to date, just days before Rowhani's inauguration. With AIPAC backing, the bill got 376 co-sponsors before Rowhani's election. Some 80 of those were among the 131 members who signed a letter pushing diplomacy and urging restraint—but that letter took no positions on new sanctions. In another letter yesterday, 16 members of Congress urged that the bill be delayed on the grounds that it would be "counterproductive and irresponsible to vote on this measure before Iran's new president is inaugurated." The 16 called for the bill to be revamped to strengthen presidential waivers to sanctions and make clear it doesn't authorize the use of force.

Why not pass sanctions now? A deal would require compromise on both sides, and the bill harms the chance of building confidence on the Iranian side that the Americans have interest in anything other than regime change. The Iranians "have a strong case to make that they can’t trust us," the Iran expert Gary Sick told the New York Times. “What the Congress is trying to do is confirm that." The latest effort even strips presidential waivers, hardly the kind of flexibility needed if Barack Obama, faced with the prospect of a real agreement, wanted to roll back sanctions in exchange for Iranian cooperation. It's not that diplomacy will definitely work; it's that if these hawks have their way, it definitely won't.

Signatories of the most recent letter rose yesterday in objection, for now, at least, to new sanctions. "This bill empowers the very hardliners that are the problem," said Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA). Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR) plead: "Don't undercut our President if there's some daylight. Don't poke the Iranian people in the eye." And Rep. Jim McDermott laid out an impassioned—and eminently reasonable—case for postponing the vote. "I'm standing here asking, What's the rush? For the first time in years, a moderate is about to be sworn in in Iran," he said. "We could come back after our vacation and deal with this if we need to." He added that he was on the floor when sanctions were piled on Iraq: "We've seen this movie before." He noted that hundreds of thousands of Iraqi children perished due to sanctions. "Did it change? No, we went to war with them."

Those in favor of the bill gave various reasons for supporting it. Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA) basically said no deal could be struck until there was regime change in Iran. Rep. Ted Deutch (D-FL) said Rowhani's "actions must speak louder than his words"—a curious take before the president-elect has even ascended to his office. Rep. Ted Poe (R-TX) insisted, contra all evidence, "This new so-called president of Iran is no different than Ahmadinejad"—referring to the outgoing hard-line two-termer Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. The bill's author, Rep. Ed Royce (R-CA), closed the floor debate with this accusation: Rowhani "was at the table when Iran masterminded the '94 bombing of the Jewish center in Buenos Aires. He was the individual who gave the order, and boasted of it." That charge had its origins in a right-wing blogpost, citing the pro-war pundit Reuel Marc Gerecht, that alleged Rowhani knew of the plot, not that he ordered it. That report remains uncorrected after it was thoroughly debunked by no less of an authority than the aggressive Argentine prosecutor in the case.

Can there be any doubt about wherefrom this hawkish push emanates? Supporters of the new sanctions, almost to a woman, cited Israel's security. Not only is AIPAC directly involved with this and a handful of other efforts that many judge would stymie diplomacy, but other right-wing pro-israel groups like the Israel Project—which held a Congressional briefing yesterday with three Members of Congress who support the new sanctions, including the two authors—and the Foundation for Defense of Democracies have relentlessly press for tougher measures while making no hint that they foresee any sort of avenue for diplomacy at all. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has, in the words of the New York Times, been publicly "increas(ing) pressure" on America to take a more hard-line Iran stance, and his supporters in Washington have been happily obliging. But no matter the prime mover behind them, these policies will end badly, by making available neither to the U.S. nor Iran a way to back-off the current trajectory, one that, if Barack Obama's pledges of prevention are to be believed, will lead to war.

The Obama administration got it right last year when then-U.N. ambassador Susan Rice said diplomacy remained the "best and most permanent way" to stop Iran from getting nukes. The experts agree, noting that an attack would not only chance regional war, but would yield merely a delay in the program and likely spur Iran to harden its position on a weapons program (despite proclamations by Congress—most recently in a letter reportedly drafted by AIPAC lobbyists—American intelligence agencies don't think Iran has taken a final decision to build a bomb). Perhaps the most comprehensive way out for America was laid out this month in a New York Review of Books article by Ambassadors William Luers and Tom Pickering, along with MIT expert Jim Walsh. "If the United States is to reach an agreement with Iran over its nuclear program, Washington will have to develop new approaches to thinking about Iran," they wrote. "There is yet time for diplomacy, but the longer real negotiations are delayed, the greater is the risk of conflict in the increasingly violent environment of the Middle East." The Obama administration and Washington policy-makers would do well to hear these elder statesmen's voices over the constant din of Netanyahu and his Stateside allies.

AIPAC's Push To Scuttle Iran Diplomacy - The Daily Beast

(حديث قدسي) ثنا أَحْمَدُ بْنُ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ يَحْيَى بْنِ حَمْزَةَ ، ثنا أَبِي ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ ، عَنْ جَدِّهِ ، عَنِ ابْنِ عَبَّاسٍ ، قَالَ : قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ : " قَالَ رَبُّكُمْ : وعزتي وجلالي لأنتقمن من الظالم في عاجله وآجله ولأنتقمن ممن رأي مظلوما فقدر أن ينصره فلم ينصره وعزتي وجلالي لأدبرن الأمر لمن لا حيلة له حتى يتعجب أصحاب الحيل.
" .

This is an authentic Hadeeth make someone shakes, in which Allah vows to avenge those who see wronged people, and yet don't support them.

If Syrians weren't wronged people by Alawites then who are else?

And yet, which Ummah and which brotherhood are you talking about?

You mean the fake wannabe Arab Mullah's that have ruled Iran since 1979 and meddling in the Arab world and only spreading problems? If you think that the majority of Iranians care as much about Palestine as we actual Arabs and neighbors of Palestine do (besides being fellow Sunni Arabs unlike Iran) then think again and just see some of the posts made by the Iranian members here. Just because the Iranian Mullahs try to export their version of Islam to the Arab countries and Muslim countries by supporting proxies etc. and in this case giving weapons to Hamas once in a while to gain the support of foolish Arabs who fall for their propaganda etc. it does not mean that most Iranians actually care about Palestine let alone Arabs. I know that you look through Palestinian glasses etc. and you probably would welcome any kind of support to Palestine but you have to think in the wider picture. Besides there is no military solution to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict. There is no reason to fool oneself. As hard as the reality might be.

Besides what kind of consensus do you want us to find with those Mullahs? The same Mullahs who have kept this hideous and murderers Pagan regime alive despite knowing that it is on loan? They are directly responsible for the sufferings of THOUSANDS of Syrian Muslim Arabs. How can we ever sit back with them? That proposal should have come when the conflict was new not 2.5 years after!

Benefit from what? Are we in need of Iran? We are not even neighbors. The only Arab country that borders Iran is Iraq. 99,9% of all Arab countries have not had real relations (as ally with an ally) with Iran for nearly 34 years now and all of us have survived and those of us who have not suffered from war have had a tremendous growth in every department.

Look before we can talk about unity things need to change. I think it is very simple and a simple and fair demand.

Your argument is pointless, no one actually cares about us to arm us besides us. Countries do things for interests these days. Maybe arabic citizens do actually care and support our cause from their heart. But, their leaders don't. I wish we had leaders like we did in the old days.

Today we know who actually may support a military solution, which are the mujahideen who actually care and take this cause serious.

And there is a military solution to Palestine. Not the way you see it from your eyes because you're stuck in today's thinking and only take into consideration several factors and military prowess.

I want things to change about Syria, but also I think KSA and some of their poeple are hypocritical, when dozens were killed by Saudi Arabian snipers when protesting their regime it's odd because we know they don't really support a quest for freedom. Forget democracy, we know it doesn't work with the Arab system. But change happens.

I wonder would you would be if Saudi Arabians wanted change and wanted the royal family gone?

(حديث قدسي) ثنا أَحْمَدُ بْنُ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ يَحْيَى بْنِ حَمْزَةَ ، ثنا أَبِي ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ ، عَنْ جَدِّهِ ، عَنِ ابْنِ عَبَّاسٍ ، قَالَ : قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ : " قَالَ رَبُّكُمْ : وعزتي وجلالي لأنتقمن من الظالم في عاجله وآجله ولأنتقمن ممن رأي مظلوما فقدر أن ينصره فلم ينصره وعزتي وجلالي لأدبرن الأمر لمن لا حيلة له حتى يتعجب أصحاب الحيل.
" .

This is an authentic Hadeeth make someone shakes, in which Allah vows to avenge those who see wronged people, and yet don't support them.

Where are you guys when it comes to the Palestinians? You armed Syrian rebels and have faulty relations with them at the same time. But, what it is that prevents you from arming the Palestinians? Since it seems what Allah says actually matters when it comes to Syria only.

Ofcourse it is hypocricy dude, obession aswell. Every thread gets the word Iran, I open a thread about Kuwait them bitches cry about Iran again.

The international community will deal with that and put an quick end to such ideas. Don't worry.
Besides if by any miracle they develop something other than a fake drone then we and Turkey will acquire the bomb too. There is no chance of a non-nuclear KSA or GCC if the Mullah's acquire the weapon.

If a attack is needed then so be it. I am personally not in favor of nuclear weapons in our region since this is the last thing that we need. So if they try to develop the bomb then the international community has my blessing in case of an attack on them.

who form that community ?

And they do that ?

Does " International community " mean 5 or 6 countries that have been fleecing the world for decades and using the so called International community for their own interests and whoever doesn't obey them will be called enemy of the world , terrorist etc ?

Apart from the US , UK , France and their holy , beloved ally Israel including UK puppets ( Australia and Canada ) who are supporting International community's orders freely ?

Aren't the rest of the world afraid of facing US if rejecting the orders ?

Some of those countries who obey are Arabian stated who are don't dare to reject the orders as they'll be treated like Morsi .

This thread is not about internal Arab matters but the so-called relations between KSA and the Arab world with the Iranian Mullah's. First of all the Child-Murderer and his little tiny sect and dictatorial family are no representatives of Syria. They hijacked Syria 50 years ago but their rule will soon be over formally. De facto it already is since they have not been able to control large parts of Syria for the pats 2.5 years.

Besides if you care that much about the relations between regimes in the Arab world then the Child-Murderer and his family have family ties with the Al-Saud family in particular our current Custodian of the two Holy Mosques - Abdullah.

Most importantly since when do rulers equal the population?

The Arab world is going through a lot of political, social etc. unrest and fighting with old demons etc. Europe went through much worse conflicts for a much longer time and so did the rest of Asia. This is nothing in the bigger picture but still very unfortunate. The people will learn from all this and move on. This is the nature of such things.

About your false allegations then KSA does not expert any individuals or anything to any country. There is no production line anywhere or secret planes. People have their free will. If you wanted to go to Syria badly for example then you would also succeed. That does not mean that the Pakistani regime send you to Syria.

Abu Dhabi is hardly an Arab city, LOL. Yes, UAE is an Arab country but only like 35% of the total population are Arabs and only 15-20% are local Emiratis. Most Arabs are far from being liberals, LOL. Whatever that is in the Middle Eastern context. Regarding racism then I don't want to take that seriously when it only concerns a tiny minority and is present in every single country in the world.

Yes, I agree with you. I think, Syria doesn't do anything harm to Saudi Arabia but whatever reason with Assad regime, most Arab hate him, I don't know. However, little tiny sect Child Murderer Assad has 70% popular support while 20% neutral support and less than 10% rebel. How would you counter this argument? Yes, Europe went through World War 1 and 2 experiences and natural process, do you think in case of Arab will learn this, my answer is no. Look at the Egypt where Mursi was removed and unsolved Libya, it is deja vu all over again for Arab countries and same issues without cooperation. I am not here to defend Syria but I am stand on ground facts. I have notice that we have Liberal Arabs members here who picked wrong decisions and celebrated over things. I can tell you, there is still child murderers problem in Bahrain as well, can you do something?

Here's accurate reliable source by NATO report and West analyst.

NATO data: Assad winning the war for Syrians’ hearts and minds
May 31, 2013

LONDON — After two years of civil war, support for the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad was said to have sharply increased.

NATO has been studying data that told of a sharp rise in support for Assad. The data, compiled by Western-sponsored activists and organizations, showed that a majority of Syrians were alarmed by the Al Qaida takeover of the Sunni revolt and preferred to return to Assad, Middle East Newsline reported.

“The people are sick of the war and hate the jihadists more than Assad,” a Western source familiar with the data said. “Assad is winning the war mostly because the people are cooperating with him against the rebels.”

The data, relayed to NATO over the last month, asserted that 70 percent of Syrians support the Assad regime. Another 20 percent were deemed neutral and the remaining 10 percent expressed support for the rebels.

The sources said no formal polling was taken in Syria, racked by two years of civil war in which 90,000 people were reported killed. They said the data came from a range of activists and independent organizations that were working in Syria, particularly in relief efforts.

The data was relayed to NATO as the Western alliance has been divided over whether to intervene in Syria. Britain and France were said to have been preparing to send weapons to the rebels while the United States was focusing on protecting Syria’s southern neighbor Jordan.

A report to NATO said Syrians have undergone a change of heart over the last six months. The change was seen most in the majority Sunni community, which was long thought to have supported the revolt.

“The Sunnis have no love for Assad, but the great majority of the community is withdrawing from the revolt,” the source said. “What is left is the foreign fighters who are sponsored by Qatar and Saudi Arabia. They are seen by the Sunnis as far worse than Assad.”

NATO data: Assad winning the war for Syrians’ hearts and minds | World Tribune

" .

And you chose Israel over Syria? What make you to appreciate Israelis? It tell us alot, your hypocrisy to use Hadith word.

Where are you guys when it comes to the Palestinians? You armed Syrian rebels and have faulty relations with them at the same time. But, what it is that prevents you from arming the Palestinians? Since it seems what Allah says actually matters when it comes to Syria only.

Of course it applies on Palestine, but who is more urgent now? Are you being shelled by Scud missiles, MRLS, tanks, bombers and chamecal weapon? Are you being brutally tortured and raped in masses? Are you being massacred? Have 100k people been killed in two years? Is your country being obliterated? Are you being displaced in millions? No, you are not.

Of course it applies on Palestine, but who is more urgent now? Are you being shelled by Scud missiles, MRLS, tanks, bombers and chamecal weapon? Are you being brutally tortured and raped in masses? Are you being massacred? Have 100k people been killed in two years? Is your country being obliterated? Are you being displaced in millions? No, you are not.

Been saying that for how long now ?
Just admit you prefer F16s and friendship with Americans instead of war with Israel for Palestine.

Yes, I agree with you. I think, Syria doesn't do anything harm to Saudi Arabia but whatever reason with Assad regime, most Arab hate him, I don't know. However, little tiny sect Child Murderer Assad has 70% popular support while 20% neutral support and less than 10% rebel. How would you counter this argument? Yes, Europe went through World War 1 and 2 experiences and natural process, do you think in case of Arab will learn this, my answer is no. Look at the Egypt where Mursi was removed and unsolved Libya, it is deja vu all over again for Arab countries and same issues without cooperation. I am not here to defend Syria but I am stand on ground facts. I have notice that we have Liberal Arabs members here who picked wrong decisions and celebrated over things. I can tell you, there is still child murderers problem in Bahrain as well, can you do something?

Here's accurate reliable source by NATO report and West analyst.

NATO data: Assad winning the war for Syrians’ hearts and minds
May 31, 2013

LONDON — After two years of civil war, support for the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad was said to have sharply increased.

NATO has been studying data that told of a sharp rise in support for Assad. The data, compiled by Western-sponsored activists and organizations, showed that a majority of Syrians were alarmed by the Al Qaida takeover of the Sunni revolt and preferred to return to Assad, Middle East Newsline reported.

“The people are sick of the war and hate the jihadists more than Assad,” a Western source familiar with the data said. “Assad is winning the war mostly because the people are cooperating with him against the rebels.”

The data, relayed to NATO over the last month, asserted that 70 percent of Syrians support the Assad regime. Another 20 percent were deemed neutral and the remaining 10 percent expressed support for the rebels.

The sources said no formal polling was taken in Syria, racked by two years of civil war in which 90,000 people were reported killed. They said the data came from a range of activists and independent organizations that were working in Syria, particularly in relief efforts.

The data was relayed to NATO as the Western alliance has been divided over whether to intervene in Syria. Britain and France were said to have been preparing to send weapons to the rebels while the United States was focusing on protecting Syria’s southern neighbor Jordan.

A report to NATO said Syrians have undergone a change of heart over the last six months. The change was seen most in the majority Sunni community, which was long thought to have supported the revolt.

“The Sunnis have no love for Assad, but the great majority of the community is withdrawing from the revolt,” the source said. “What is left is the foreign fighters who are sponsored by Qatar and Saudi Arabia. They are seen by the Sunnis as far worse than Assad.”

NATO data: Assad winning the war for Syrians’ hearts and minds | World Tribune

Oh, Western media have so suddenly become so accurate and reliable! Hypocrisy is disgusting, isn't it dude?

The only thing Bashar is winning is Syrians despise and contempt.

RaptorRX707:

Are you out of your mind? How can you compare Syria with Bahrain? 100.000 people have died in Syria and dozens die every single day. The Bahraini "uprising" has claimed less than 100 deaths in the last 2.5 years.

Way to make a ridicules comparison!

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom