What's new

US offers to sell weapons to Bangladesh

Getting away from the stupidity from some people on this thread.....

The very fact that the US ambassador brought up this topic shows that some things have changed from the US perspective.

The real challenge will be for Bangladesh to recognize and implement how to maximally utilize this for her security interests.

Also I applaud weapons sourced from the US for Bangladesh.

Interesting happenings in South Asia.

Did India seek BD approval when they built the controversial border fence or exiling Bangali-speaking Muslims from India?
No, India do not seek. But this is also for to conform with Pakistani believe that they are in control of Bangladesh. Deep down they also like Pakistan and want to be like Pakistani. They respect Pakistani believes. Bangladesh-India friendship is nothing but for love of Pakistan.

Dare I say Sir, in your mind only.

Plus Bangladesh has other priorities than arming ourselves to the teeth and preparing for apocalypse and Jannat.

Buddy

1 MILLION bengalis were raped and humiliated and pushed into bangladesh

You build a strong military to DEFEND yourself against enemies

Myanmar was able to pile so much humiliation upon Bangladesh

BECAUSE they knew you were useless

So they humiliated a million bengali people anx the countries around supported them

All Bangladesh did was whimpher

Don't you Bangladeshis know why a military atleast strong enough to defend your people is important

Why are you wasting time on a defence forum???

Because we are unable to eat grass. Our digestive system do not allow that.

Yeah you eat fish and rice, seems to have made you into cowards

Bongs hate China anyways and Pakistan fughetetboutit

I say 1971 is done deal let them rise or sink not our problem

From where you have got the information ???:o::o::o:
It's true that Many die hard fan of chetona cult have issue with Pakistan , but as far I know China is actually the most popular ally of Bangladesh and has the greatest acceptance in common peoples .

I never heard that anyone saying bad thing about China! Everyone has positive views about China !!!

Will India authorize bangladesh to buy weapons? I don't think so.
Sir ji , let me laugh !:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:, and then let me :suicide::suicide2: , now eternal :sleep: , case :closed:.

Actually, I met with a Bangaldeshi-American who is active amongst US lawmakers in some capacity in my recent trip to So. Cal.

I doubt F-16s are on the cards BUT there is definitely a shift that has taken place.

The US has its own reasons for what it does.

Probably, if Bangaldesh is interested....smaller ticket items.

But its a start at least.

OK, let us wait and see.
US for sure is willing to sell some kind of weapons to BD, only question is what.
The chance of them allowing sale of Gripen to BD has increased exponentially now.
Only question does BAF have the strategic foresight to make the BD government listen?

Last edited:
Yes the limited stuff Chinese sold you is good for our study purposes. China knew this in advance too...hence why nothing actually worth anything will ever be sold to BD....by anyone in any kind of adverse/competition relation with Dada....your founder, security guarantor and liberation landlord.

LOL.
BD has only in the last 2 years been looking at purchasing advanced platforms. Modern weapons need lots of money and BD has been short of this in the past.
India has zero say and we shall see this year a contract announced for modern fighters.

Getting away from the stupidity from some people on this thread.....

The very fact that the US ambassador brought up this topic shows that some things have changed from the US perspective.

The real challenge will be for Bangladesh to recognize and implement how to maximally utilize this for her security interests.

Also I applaud weapons sourced from the US for Bangladesh.

Interesting happenings in South Asia.

It's pretty clear, US wants Bangladesh to be an important partner in their indo-pacific strategy.

But do you think the Congress would raise any issues over democracy or labor rights in Bangladesh? Not really familiar with their proceedings.

US will sell any important weapon to Bangladesh only if she join here camp against China.
The first step towards making BD at least neutral to China is to sell strategic weapons at reduced price. BD already made it clear that US weapons are too expensive for us. Other than that we are open to any country.

Pakistan does not control Kashmir which is said to be part of Pakistan..

Absolutely wrong. Don't know where you pick that one from. Pakistan stance is crystal clear that kashmir issue should be solved according to the wishes of kashmiris. So currently it is not part of Pakistan. Even Azad Kashmir has its own govt with parliament, president, etc except currency, foreign ministries security. So you see we influence many things in IOK which your master called is their atoot ang.

It's pretty clear, US wants Bangladesh to be an important partner in their indo-pacific strategy.

But do you think the Congress would raise any issues over democracy or labor rights in Bangladesh? Not really familiar with their proceedings.
BD is no more a LDC neither it is a threat to US interest. Why would congress object?

I think India will authorize if we ask for. We brought Chinese submarine, frigates,corvettes with Indian authorization earlier, so why not if we seek approval from them to buy American weapons? After all, unlike China they do not consider America to be hostile power. So it will be easier to get Indian approval.

No, Indians are not that bad. Plus sanction will mostly hurt India as Bangladesh is their biggest export destination in South Asia. They will loose 10 billion dollar export market. Do you think, Indians eat grass?

India will approve only if it does not give Bangladesh military considerable amount of power.

We consider our independence as precious. And since nobody have us independence in a bowl we can even eat grass than to compromise on our security. I know it is too hard for someone who is gifted their independence to understand.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom