What's new

US offers to sell weapons to Bangladesh

Those vast trade relations (I'd peg it at say some $20 Billion legal and illegal) are mainly imports from India. We can switch those imports to Indonesia and China IN A HEARTBEAT. Now who should worry?? :lol:

There is no dream, it is reality. You may need to educate yourself about our Naval capabilities, before you comment. Ours is not an antiquated navy and the yards we have are quite capable of supplying local needs except the largest vessels.

Cargo carrier Builds of 7000 to 8000 tons are being built by the dozens every year in Chittagong yards (private yards mostly, for export). Some of these are very specialized ICE class vessels for arctic use.
50780470_2264709520219353_2392358227674136576_n.jpg

46094167_2159406564082983_3307108140561989632_o.jpg
37082410_1978862432137398_3909198899750895616_n.jpg
37179115_1978862372137404_2319284521683386368_n.jpg

There are half a dozen large private yards in Chittagong - each of them the size of KSEW compared to the single KSEW in Karachi. They are busy building the local merchant marine fleet, which is humongous for a cuntry our size. Ports in Myanmar, India and soon Thailand and Sri Lanka will be connected to our capital Dhaka for container traffic.
35796052_1942722652418043_2212335532455755776_n.jpg

Plus CTG also boasts large Navy dry docks which are already capable of building 3000 ton warships/vessels like the F22P, but we are upgrading the facilities to build 5000 ton frigates. These upgrades to the dockyard (using modern gantry cranes and heavy build assembly handlers) for the frigate builds will proceed at the same time. This process is already past RFP stage.

We have already inducted enough modernized medium sized corvettes and frigates for both Navy and Coast Guard as interim platforms so we can comfortably take our sweet time in building our capability to build these platforms.

I know Pakistan is trying to upgrade its capabilities with twin yards planned at Gwadar with Govt. funding, but we already have self-sustaining profitable shipbuilding export industry in multiple locations like CTG and KHL, and are already building large brand new navy yards and naval bases in two more locations (Matarbari and Payra). These two projects are way past land reclamation phase already. Please go look at the infra sticky thread.

So at this point, build-volume wise, we are ahead of Pakistan, if not specialization. We don't need foreign experts to come help us with building smaller Navy builds of up to 1000 ton size, but for 5000 ton Frigate we will need a JV partner like yards in China, or maybe even Fincantieri, DCNS, Navantia etc.

This is not a dream, it HAS BEEN reality for us. We are the shipbuilding powerhouse because our building tradition (for sea-faring ships) was not born today, but goes back to Buddhist times.

Shipyards at Khulna and Chittagong (both private and public) already build LPC's and ASW mini-corvettes larger than your AZMAT class on routine basis (some for export). Build sizes are being ramped up in planned fashion.

iu
iu

Granted, we haven't built 4000 ton frigates like the 054AP or even 3000 ton frigates like F22P that Pakistan built at KSEW with China's help, but near-analogs for those already exist in our Navy, so we can aim for a higher capability.

very nice .

India and Burma both will try to prevent Bangladesh getting a decent Air Force.

The military rise of Bangladesh is a direct threat to those countries, but it must be accomplished.

They won’t be able to take pot shots at Bangladeshi soldiers and border guards anymore as they have been doing.

Only BD can fight for itself, don’t expect India to do it for you. BD needs to become stronger and cooperation with China and Pakistan is the answer.

Read what kind of hate India and Burma are churning out in their media and politics against Bangalis. They are not your allies.

The military rise of Bangladesh is a direct threat to those countries, but it must be accomplished.

They won’t be able to take pot shots at Bangladeshi soldiers and border guards anymore as they have been doing.

Only BD can fight for itself, don’t expect India to do it for you. BD needs to become stronger and cooperation with China and Pakistan is the answer.

Read what kind of hate India and Burma are churning out in their media and politics against Bangalis. They are not your allies.

lol.........lol.............lol .
what a wishful thinking :enjoy:

Bongs hate China anyways and Pakistan fughetetboutit

I say 1971 is done deal let them rise or sink not our problem

Bongs hate China anyways and Pakistan fughetetboutit

I say 1971 is done deal let them rise or sink not our problem

I think the people of BD will surprise many of us in the near future.

India may think they are secure allies, but even allies have limits.

It will be impossible to deal with a rising BD on one side and rising Pakistan-Afghanistan-Kashmir and Khalistan on the other.

All this will come to a head eventually, and throw in South India and Indian Muslims/Christians into the mix.

Balkanization of India coming soon.

Will India authorize bangladesh to buy weapons? I don't think so.
I think India will authorize if we ask for. We brought Chinese submarine, frigates,corvettes with Indian authorization earlier, so why not if we seek approval from them to buy American weapons? After all, unlike China they do not consider America to be hostile power. So it will be easier to get Indian approval.
That's just one instance, I'm pretty sure India will impose restrictions and sanctions on bangladesh once they see you not complying. Anyways don't worry, until Hasina is there, your army can only dream of getting any modern weapons.
No, Indians are not that bad. Plus sanction will mostly hurt India as Bangladesh is their biggest export destination in South Asia. They will loose 10 billion dollar export market. Do you think, Indians eat grass?

Last edited:
India can of course, never be China. As for controlling Pakistan, only Pakistanis control Pakistan and even it's surrounding regions, but if that made you dream happy, so be it.
Pakistan does not control Kashmir which is said to be part of Pakistan.
Plus sanction will mostly hurt India as Bangladesh is their biggest export destination in South Asia. They will loose 10 billion dollar export market. Do you think, Indians eat grass?
BD will see housewife revolt if Indian TV channels are restricted in BD.

We can switch those imports to Indonesia and China IN A HEARTBEAT.

Sure you can :lol:...you've been promising this for years now just like your Walton miracle that never happens.

Nothing actually delivered on it....except bitterly calling @bluesky as a "Kolkata sanghi" in your desperate effeminate way. :rofl:

We brought Chinese submarine, frigates,corvettes with Indian authorization earlier, so why not if we seek approval from them to buy American weapons? After all, unlike China they do not consider America to be hostile power. So it will be easier to get Indian approval.

Yes the limited stuff Chinese sold you is good for our study purposes. China knew this in advance too...hence why nothing actually worth anything will ever be sold to BD....by anyone in any kind of adverse/competition relation with Dada....your founder, security guarantor and liberation landlord.

This is true lol. I kinda just want to see that happen just for that.

We won back half of Kashmir right after independence. Very nice feat considered we were outnumbered, outgunned, and British were on India’s side.

I think India will authorize if we ask for. We brought Chinese submarine, frigates,corvettes with Indian authorization earlier, so why not if we seek approval from them to buy American weapons? After all, unlike China they do not consider America to be hostile power. So it will be easier to get Indian approval.

Why do you need Indian approval? I thought you are an independent state?

Ah. I think I need to explain some problems.

First. I repeat it again —— China has a policy of "non-interference in foreign internal affairs"(International recognition). BD buy any national weapon is BD national rights, this is Bangladesh sovereign scope.

Then, China and Pakistan are allies, and we fully respect each other. Non-interference in each other's internal affairs.

Finally, the basic principle of Chinese arms exports!
360截图20190201142524637.jpg

360截图20190201144145606.jpg

@Bilal9 @Nilgiri friends, I know you understand chinese. Please testify for me.

1, China arms exports is to help customers improve their defense capabilities.
2, China arms exports do not undermine world peace and stability.
3, don't interfere in the internal affairs of weapons customers!

@UKBengali @American Pakistani @Neptune

Why do you need Indian approval? I thought you are an independent state?
We need approval of India to conform with the Pakistani believes about Bangladesh's lack of independence. Pakistan is the most important country in the world for Bangladesh, that's why we can not shatter the believe of Pakistanis about us. Loosing believe is very painful, sometimes detrimental to health. So as a well wisher of Pakistani people, we seek approval of India in everything to preserve the Pakistani believe.

We need approval of India to conform with the Pakistani believes about Bangladeshi lack of independence. Pakistan is the most important country in the world for Bangladesh, that's why we can not shatter the believe of Pakistanis about us. Loosing believe is very painful, sometimes detrimental to health. So as a well wisher of Pakistani people, we seek approval of India in everything to preserve the Pakistani believe.

Did India seek BD approval when they built the controversial border fence or exiling Bangali-speaking Muslims from India?

No one wants to see housewives with rolling pins on the streets! Anything but that! Even RAB will run away. :P

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom