What's new

US offers to sell weapons to Bangladesh

We knew how witch won election dont need your explanation

:lol:

We know it better. Though we allowed it because in spite of her obsession with Pakistan and ISI, she is doing actual development. Proof is in the pudding. Just look at the sticky infra thread in this sub-forum (and have an open mind).

Which is more than can be said about dictators in other countries.

Doodh denewala gaee ko laat khane se takleef keya?

Yeah my Urdu may be bad - but probably better than your Bengali... :-)

Actually, Two manned fighter aircraft is in development phase at present. Hürjet will be an aircraft which will have capability to achieve close combat and air superiority/ ground supression missions. It can be ranked 4th generation. Its unarmed variant will be used for advanced jet trainer. With its 13+m length, Hürjet will be more or less competitive to Gripen or Mirage but powered with F404 engine which will have a thrust around 17500lbf. National equivalent engine will replace this engine when development is completed. This turbofan will allow Hürjet to carry up to 3-3,5t weapon payload that makes it join into a light fighter aircraft. First flight is in 2021.

Brother that prototype looks very close to the Aermacchi M346. but scaled up/enlarged.

iu
iu

Brother that prototype looks very close to the Aermacchi M346. but scaled up/enlarged.

iu
iu

Brother, Close combat variant of HürJet will be an equivalent of S.Korean F-50 fighter jet. Both has similar diameter and powered by same engines. Hürjet will have electronic counter measure sensors, Aesa radar along with WVR and BVR missile launching capability.

fa50ph.jpg

1-1-2-768x512.jpg

Last edited:
And so?

Typhoon is medium weight and Gripen is light-weight we all know.

BD needs a non-US Western fighter that it can afford and
only Gripen meets that criteria.

As a rough estimate.
Anyway it is far too expensive for BD.

How is Gripen non-US? It's swedish but with an US engine.

How is Gripen non-US? It's swedish but with an US engine.

That phenomenon isn’t just limited to the Gripen.

A lot of Western weapons systems have US sourced components which makes US backing of the sale a requirement.

For example SCALP missiles which are seemingly French but withheld from Egypt for their Rafales due to the US.

Moral of the story.

If you have to choose a rooster, maybe it’s best to choose American.

That phenomenon isn’t just limited to the Gripen.

A lot of Western weapons systems have US sourced components which makes US backing of the sale a requirement.

For example SCALP missiles which are seemingly French but withheld from Egypt for their Rafales due to the US.

Moral of the story.

If you have to choose a rooster, maybe it’s best to choose American.

The Rafale is 100% French. Ordnance can be chosen from other sources if problematic.

evidently not.

What is evidently not? SCALP had some US parts in it which is why US blocked it for Egypt. Rafael is 100% French, we simply don't need to buy ordnance that have US components in them, if we ever decide to buy Rafale which I doubt.

What is evidently not? SCALP had some US parts in it which is why US blocked it for Egypt. Rafael is 100% French, we simply don't need to buy ordnance that have US components in them, if we ever decide to buy Rafale which I doubt.

The Rafale, and its European sourced ordnance, etc... are WAY TOO EXPENSIVE.

Also its not just the aircraft. Its all the support and infrastructure that will need to be purchased and set up. Going French is gonna be uber expensive.

Both of the larger Euro canards are probitively expensive.

Just look at the nations that are current users.

Bangladesh is not in the same league.

Contrast that with the F-16. Or for that matter the Gripen which is being entertained by the Phillipines and Botswana.

You tell me whats the more realistic Western option.

The Rafale, and its European sourced ordnance, etc... are WAY TOO EXPENSIVE.

Also its not just the aircraft. Its all the support and infrastructure that will need to be purchased and set up. Going French is gonna be uber expensive.

Both of the larger Euro canards are probitively expensive.

Just look at the nations that are current users.

Bangladesh is not in the same league.

Contrast that with the F-16. Or for that matter the Gripen which is being entertained by the Phillipines and Botswana.

You tell me whats the more realistic Western option.

I never said F-16 or Gripen are not economical than Rafale or Typhoon. They definitely are and come with very good capability.

My argument was around the source of the jets, whether sources are reliable or not. Buying any critical military equipment from the US is shooting yourself in the foot, you won't even get the opportunity to regret.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom