What's new

US offers to sell weapons to Bangladesh

Not at all when it comes to military relationship. Military relationship depends on strategic alignment as well as mutual benefit.
Western country will always press for human rights and democracy. Unless you are an enemy like N.Korea Iran or China you will not be holded up for that.

Well, there is still no clear indication about any strategic alignment between Bangladesh and the US. I don't see any possibility of Bangladesh joining an anti-China camp in near future.

The only factor behind this weapons sell would be business.

Well, there is still no clear indication about any strategic alignment between Bangladesh and the US. I don't see any possibility of Bangladesh joining an anti-China camp in near future.

The only factor behind this weapons sell would be business.
We dont need to be anti china.. What USA is trying to do is the bring us out of Chinese sphere.

US weapons for third world countries
giphy.gif

Except Russia and China who can defend against US Herculean power ??
But Pakistan cannot defend itself against US air strikes
even china did not shot down US P3C but collided with it Chinese fighter:D

We dont need to be anti china.. What USA is trying to do is the bring us out of Chinese sphere.

I think USA just wants to make some money.
They knew after Sonadia cancellation that BD was not in Chinese camp and Rohingya issue nailed it.
Will probably even sell latest F-16s to BD if AL asked them.

I think USA just wants to make some money.
They knew after Sonadia cancellation that BD was not in Chinese camp and Rohingya issue nailed it.
Will probably even sell latest F-16s to BD if AL asked them.
Do you know what is the exact current unit cost of f-16? Wiki shows only 1998 cost !
@UKBengali

This is you selfish pakistani mentality. You have no feelings for 18 crore Indian muslims. You are only looking at your own selfish gain at the expense of Indian Muslims. This is no different of what your mentality was towards the people of East Pakistan. You were ready to sacrifice East Pakistan for your selfish gain from India.

As a Muslim majority Indian state, Kashmir is a strong voice for the protection of Indian Muslim interest within India. Kashmir is the reason, Indians have a strong reason to maintain India's secular tradition. Loosing Kashmir will only make Indian Muslims even a smaller, weaker minority and Hindutva fanatic more aggressive towards Muslims minority. We Bangladeshi Mulsims have sympathy for all the Indian Muslims. It is for the betterment of Indian muslims, Kashmir should remain part of India. Whether Pakistani munafiq like it or not.

Whether bangli munafiq like it or not, Pakistan will continue supporting Kashmiris.after all bangli munafiq have no choice but to boot lick the master who authorized independence for bangli republic.

But Pakistan cannot defend itself against US air strikes

Sure it can damage and inflict heavy damages if it decides to. War between countries like Pakistan and US is impossible no matter how much you wish. Pakistan even blocked their supplies which means indirect declaration of war.

Lockheed Martin received a $1.2 billion contract from the U.S. government to produce 16 new F-16 Block 70 aircraft for the Royal Bahrain Air force recently june 2018 .
Okay good, I think we also should try for this as it will be much better than mig- 35 I think. Weak airforce is the main drawback of Bangladesh armed forces .

Do you know what is the exact current unit cost of f-16? Wiki shows only 1998 cost !
@UKBengali

There is no simple answer to this.
For BD the cost will be on the high side as BD has no
infrastructure in place. Others like Pakistan on the low side as they already operate many dozens of F-16s.
My guess is that BD will be looking to pay around 4 billion US dollars for 24 latest block F-16s, this will include the cost of converting the airbases to handle F-16, maintenance for first 5-10 years, training of pilots, bombs and missiles and the actual planes themselves.
Although this sounds a lot, remember that Western aircraft are more reliable and have higher life expectancy in areas like engines than either Russia or Chinese planes. BD pays more now but gets the payback over the life of the plane.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom