What's new

US offers to sell weapons to Bangladesh

Okay good, I think we also should try for this as it will be much better than mig- 35 I think.
but remeber its fly away cost of older users they already have falcons and weapons and support equpment training etc . new costumer will pay much more amount .for example iraq signed deal for the first set of 18 block 52 jets in valued at roughly $3bn

There is no simple answer to this.
For BD the cost will be on the high side as BD has no
infrastructure in place. Others like Pakistan on the low side as they already operate many dozens of F-16s.
My guess is that BD will be looking to pay around 4 billion US dollars for 24 latest block F-16s, this will include the cost of converting the airbases to handle F-16, maintenance for first 5-10 years, training of pilots, bombs and missiles and the actual planes themselves.
Although this sounds a lot, remember that Western aircraft are more reliable and have higher life expectancy in areas like engines than either Russia or Chinese planes. BD pays more now but gets the payback over the life of the plane.
Yes I agree . I think f-16 is the best aircraft in it's own category. USA combat stuffs always enjoy much better reputation.

Yes I agree . I think f-16 is the best aircraft in it's own category. USA combat stuffs always enjoy much better reputation.

Gripen E is even better than F-16 Block 70 as the airframe design is more modern.

but remeber its fly away cost of older users they already have falcons and weapons and support equpment training etc . new costumer will pay much more amount .for example iraq signed deal for the first set of 18 block 52 jets in valued at roughly $3bn
Yes, but combat aircrafts are not daily goods that you need to buy regularly. So for defence we need better stuffs, and cost should not be a problem.
If you have better equipment , you have stronger Defence.

If you have stronger Defence, you have more acceptability in this region.

Yes, but combat aircrafts are not daily goods that you need to buy regularly. So for defence we need better stuffs, and cost should not be a problem.
If you have better equipment , you have stronger Defence.

If you have stronger Defence, you have more acceptability in this region.
i agree sir

Gripen E is even better than F-16 Block 70 as the airframe design is more modern.
Maybe I have few idea about it. But you see f-16 is tested thing, and almost 4500+ units, and this is the key! I don't think we should take risk, you have chance to be a scapegoat if you buy aircrafts that are not well established .

i agree sir
Thank you sir ;) . However long time did not see you here . I hope you are fine!

If for free(almost),take it,if not,why buy expensive if you can get cheaper somewhere else?
Because we need some better stuffs comparing others . We are in a geographical awkward position.

And your allies can turn into your enemy when you will not fulfill their interest. My man there is no such thing as eternal friendship in politics .

So we need to be prepared !

Maybe I have few idea about it. But you see f-16 is tested thing, and almost 4500+ units, and this is the key!

Thank you sir. However long time no see . I hope you are fine!

True but remember that Gripen is selling well now as Brazil will eventually buy more than 100 planes and produce it themselves. This will guarantee that spare parts will be available for many decades from now.
Also Gripen is getting all the best Western missiles like Meteor BVRAAM and easier for BD to get hold of that than US equivalent for F-16.
F-16 airframe is 1970s tech while Gripen is 1990s.
If BD is going to spend many US billions on fighter aircraft then best to get the later plane.

Maybe I have few idea about it. But you see f-16 is tested thing, and almost 4500+ units, and this is the key!

Thank you sir ;) . However long time no see . I hope you are fine!
i was on vacation one month mobile and laptop free . i went northern Pakistan with my family :D was enjoying snowfalls and nature:tup:
IMG_E2853.JPG

True but remember that Gripen is selling well now as Brazil will eventually buy more than 100 planes and produce it themselves. This will guarantee that spare parts will be available for many decades from now.
Also Gripen is getting all the best Western missiles like Meteor BVRAAM and easier for BD to get hold of that than US equivalent for F-16.
F-16 airframe is 1970s tech while Gripen is 1990s.
If BD is going to spend many US billions on fighter aircraft then best to get the later plane.
Then we will try it when we will have stronger airforce and much stronger economy ! For now I am supporting this holy grail f-16 the most famous machine in this world!

i was on vacation one month mobile and laptop free . i went northern Pakistan with my family :D was enjoying snowfalls and nature:tup:
View attachment 536528
That's great . This picture is cool :).

Because we need some better stuffs comparing others . We are in a geographical awkward position.

And your allies can turn into your enemy when you will not fulfill their interest. My man there is no such thing as eternal friendship in politics .

So we need to be prepared !
Well then,get them as cheap as possible but dont forget that by buying American,your geopolitical stance will tilt to one side which will have consequences on many issues and in case of.

Then we will try it when we will have stronger airforce and much stronger economy ! For now I am supporting this holy grail f-16 the most famous machine in this world!
My country can upgrade them if needed.

My country can upgrade them if needed.

Yes surely, Turkey is our one of the purest and tested ally . Both Bangladesh and Turkey can work in this case together.

Well then,get them as cheap as possible but dont forget that by buying American,your geopolitical stance will tilt to one side which will have consequences on many issues and in case of.
I wish we will remain neutral. But for now there is no way to know about future.

That's great . This picture is cool :).

BD needs to think strategically.

It needs both a Western fighter(Myanmar) and a Chinese fighter(India).

Gripen is both a better plane but also will have less geopolitical issues than the US F-16. The US could easily make certain demands 5-10 years down the line to supply a new batch of missiles for the F-16 as an example. This is much less likely to happen with the Gripen. although the US will have some influence due to the US origin engine.

BD needs to think strategically.

It needs both a Western fighter(Myanmar) and a Chinese fighter(India).

Gripen is both a better plane but also will have less geopolitical issues than the US F-16. The US could easily make certain demands 5-10 years down the line to supply a new batch of missiles for the F-16 as an example. This is much less likely to happen with the Gripen. although the US will have some influence due to the US origin engine.
Okay but my question is what is the practical performance of Gripen E? And is it a good match for Indian dassault rafale?
@UKBengali

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom