What's new

US 'may ease' export restrictions against Myanmar and Vietnam

whatever. BUT Chinese are the last ones on earth Vietnamese can trust when it comes to national defence.
Neither do we trust you. Despite your so called regime Communist brotherhood, we have no intention of providing any weapon to you, contrary to the pre-Soviet split.

yes, Vietnam needs some 4 aegis destroyers, for air defence and prewarning from the sea side.

the current status of Vietnam navy is sad. Vietnam used to have the strongest navy in the region. In the wars against Ming China, Champa and Siam we had over 1,000 warships. Even the former South Vietnam navy had more vessels than united Vietnam today.
That's because we could built the ship and the weapons ourselves back then.

Flash forward to 2014, a heavy warship would cost $1.5 billion usd. The price is high because shipbuilder wants to add profit margin and labour cost on top of the weapons and radar system. My guess is that the ship engine, radar and fire control system, sonar, anti-ship missile & anti-air system, naval guns, torpedoes, decoy launcher, other electronic stuff add up to no more than $500 million usd out of that $1.5 billion destroyer. If Viet Nam can build the hull of a destroyer and just import the weapon and radar, we can reduce the cost of a destroyer greatly.....I would say we can have a destroyer for just under $550 million usd per ship. Obtaining the modular block shipbuildiing from the Dutch is a first step. If you add more modular blocks to a corvette, it will tun into a destroyer overnight

Vietnam has bought 6 Kilo subs. With weapons, staff training, simulator and building a new sub base, all cost more than $4bn.
For nation´s defence, everything is worth. If Vietnam is lost, then it is too late.

You don't have the supporting units to operate an extremely sophisticated warship like Aegis.

Japan and South Korea both depent on the American weapon system to operate their Aegis DDGs, while you are not an ally of the US, it is impossible to integrate with their weapon system.

Neither do we trust you. Despite your so called regime Communist brotherhood, we have no intention of providing any weapon to you, contrary to the pre-Soviet split.

do we trust you, in the past, nowadays and in future ?

Its reported that after Soviet-Sino split 1969, in liberation campaign 1972 in Quang Tri, made in China weapons were not used.

That's what they officially state to the world ...
I guess some P3C- Orion would be under discuss.

Mentioned that US allowed to joine the search MH370 in Vietnam sea and air too ...

Vietnam, U.S. discuss ways to boost air force ties

Xinhua, March 17, 2014

Representatives of Vietnam People's Air Force and the United States (U.S.) Pacific Air Forces (PACAF) discussed here Monday ways to boost air force ties between the two countries during the latter's working visit to Vietnam.

The cooperation fields include humanitarian assistance, search and rescue, military medicine, and pilot training, among others, Vietnamese government e-Portal reported.

Chief of General Staff of Vietnam People's Army cum Deputy Minister of Defense Do Ba Ty said at the meeting that the establishment of Vietnam-U.S. comprehensive partnership lays the foundation for bringing the two countries' bilateral defense cooperation to a new height.

Ty urges the two air forces to further exchange high-ranking delegations, and boost ties in areas of information sharing, experience on maritime rescue, air force medical research, English language training for Vietnamese soldiers, post-war remediation, finding missing Americans in war, among others.

Gen. Herbert Carlisle, commander of U.S. Pacific Air Forces, for his part, said at the meeting that in the coming time, the two sides will further exchange information of mutual interest.

PACAF will closely work with Vietnamese air force to train officers, strengthen air force medicine cooperation, rescue for natural disasters, aviation rescue and ensure flight safety, said Carlisle.

All China wanted was the defense of Cambodia against imperialist Vietnam. Learn how to read, my retarded friend.
LOL, Chinese crap and bullsh*t as ever about Khmer rough.

Who's slaughter Khmer people and Vietnamese civilian ??? And who's supports Polpot !? How many advisor PRC send to Cambodia from1975 ???

You can repeat your bla bla ... about this. But We never attack at first. Your leader said by themselve: "We will bring millions people to SEA region, there's so many resource and land ... "

Hey you Chinese called us as "monkey" ... do you know based on your assumption, human-being must return the planet to monkeys ... hahahaah

Just kidding.

Khmer Rouge was destroyed , that's the biggest victory of humanity ...
Do you guys Chinese, consider that as victory or lose ?

If that's a victory, so who created the victory ?
If Vietnam failed to kick out Khmer Rouge, is there any Cambodian politician survive for asking this or that ??
You right, Khmer-rough is all dead now.
So China was gain victory ??? May be it's right, AQ's heads are amazing as ever ... :lol:

Last edited:
i have made an assessment before for our Naval think-tank, about the cost to procure and operating an Airwarfare capable destroyer like Arleigh Burke class or Type 45 Destroyer.

I will explain it roughly for you. For procurement alone of Arleigh Burke class flight 2, we must paid about 1,8 billion US dollar per unit systems, in this case Indonesia never operate the same class, so we must build from scratch their offshore facilities, and simulation systems in our naval base, and it doesn't include for training and so-on. My data is based on US DoD procurement data on 2013 budget years.

But we found it will be less costly and politically accepted if we want to procure De Zeven Provincien class, but sorry i can't share our assessment for DZP class here :p: But as an advice, DZP Class is maybe what Vietnam needed for an Airwarfare capable Heavy Frigate or destroyer
he he he...I see we have a VIP member here, who has indepth knowlegde. You are welcome to share more information with me :enjoy:

so roughly $2bn for a modern destroyer (including weapons). I guess Vietnam needs 4 pieces, so the sum is $8bn. That is indeed a lot of money. Assuming America suddently changes heart, not only lifts arms embargo but sees Vietnam as friend/ ally, and provides the vessels at half of the cost ($4bn), then it would fit VN defence budget. :-)

Since you don´t want to disclose the number for DZP class, I guess that toy is cheaper (maybe $1bn?) but how is the capacity of the destroyer? Has Indonesia tested the ship?

do we trust you, in the past, nowadays and in future ?

Its reported that after Soviet-Sino split 1969, in liberation campaign 1972 in Quang Tri, made in China weapons were not used.
First, learn about your country. There were up and down time just like any neighbor relationship in an uneven power balance. 2nd, I can give you a few of your dynasty that trust in us. If you didn't, you wouldn't come to ask for help resolving your problem. And lastly, country goes for national interest above all else. If your national interest allows you to align with us, you do. If not, do what is best for your country. This is why I laugh when people say we have no friend. Friends over national interest? LOL.

I'm getting tire of your two-face Vietnamese to tell you the truth. The weapons that you use to fight us in 1979 came from us. Even the tactic we taught you in Viet revolution came from us. LOL

he he he...I see we have a VIP member here, who has indepth knowlegde. You are welcome to share more information with me :enjoy:

so roughly $2bn for a modern destroyer (including weapons). I guess Vietnam needs 4 pieces, so the sum is $8bn. That is indeed a lot of money. Assuming America suddently changes heart, not only lifts arms embargo but sees Vietnam as friend/ ally, and provides the vessels at half of the cost ($4bn), then it would fit VN defence budget. :-)

Since you don´t want to disclose the number for DZP class, I guess that toy is cheaper (maybe $1bn?) but how is the capacity of the destroyer? Has Indonesia tested the ship?
With $2 billion/destroyer, Vietnam will probably go for another 5 Kilo-class submarines or 30 su-30. :p:
I think you got carried away too far about Viet Nam having a destroyer; I would say the earliest is after 2025:o:

Having a destroyer at sea is like having a floating fortress that get ready to be attacked by missiles from air/surface/sub-surface. A ship won't be able to outrun a jet at sea. If Viet Nam wants to build a fortress in the middle of the ocean to protect the Spatrely; Vietnam might as well buy the future S-400 and put them on the Truong Sa Lon island since doing that is much safer and economical.

I'm getting tire of your two-face Vietnamese to tell you the truth. The weapons that you use to fight us in 1979 came from us. Even the tactic we taught you in Viet revolution came from us. LOL

I would be careful to say so to conclude the 1979 aftermath ... weapons ... ok ... but tactics ... I don't think so

that's a good guess but add a bit price

DZP is indeed a good ships, our Navy has taken an interest, but god knows, we had election this year, thank to democracy every person perception and taste is different. Maybe our next leader will prefer to build more SIGMA to be added instead buying an expensive ship like Destroyer....maybe they will strictly choice Talwar class frigate the India has offered several months ago .... no body knows.

First, learn about your country. There were up and down time just like any neighbor relationship in an uneven power balance. 2nd, I can give you a few of your dynasty that trust in us. If you didn't, you wouldn't come to ask for help resolving your problem. And lastly, country goes for national interest above all else. If your national interest allows you to align with us, you do. If not, do what is best for your country. This is why I laugh when people say we have no friend. Friends over national interest? LOL.

you are brainwashed boy.

China betrayed Soviet Union, attacked on border 1969, welcomed USA Nixon in Peking 1972, invaded Paracel Islands of Vietnam 1974, backed Khmer Rouge to attack on Vietnam border 1976-1978 and the last China attacked Vietnam 1979.

How many face China has ?

With $2 billion/destroyer, Vietnam will probably go for another 5 Kilo-class submarines or 30 su-30. :p:
I think you got carried away too far about Viet Nam having a destroyer; I would say the earliest is after 2025:o:

Having a destroyer at sea is like having a floating fortress that get ready to be attacked by missiles from air/surface/sub-surface. A ship won't be able to outrun a jet at sea. If Viet Nam wants to build a fortress in the middle of the ocean to protect the Spatrely; Vietnam might as well buy the future S-400 and put them on the Truong Sa Lon island since doing that is much safer and economical.
aegis like destroyer would add an additional layer of air defence, against low to high flying missiles, drones and aircrafts.

land based air defence such as SU-300 can only engage hostile targets when they come close, let say 100km. A destroyer with aegis capacity would detect and destroy enemy missiles and aircrafts far from shore and extend the range of air defence.

aegis-ddg11-1.jpg

Last edited:
I would be careful to say so to conclude the 1979 aftermath ... weapons ... ok ... but tactics ... I don't think so

LOL.

Some Chinese soldiers called it a “painful, little war.” Vietnamese troops avoided battle and instead harassed PLA forces. Some Chinese officers described it as a “ghost war,” since the enemy troops were almost invisible, or a “shadow war,” since it seemed they were fighting against their own shadows. The Vietnamese troops employed the same tactics, made the same moves, and used the same weapons as the Chinese. They knew exactly what the Chinese were trying to do. They exploited almost every problem and weakness the Chinese had. The Chinese troops had to fight their own problems first before they could fight the Vietnamese.

aegis like destroyer would add an additional layer of air defence, against low to high flying missiles, drones and aircrafts.

land based air defence such as SU-300 can only engage hostile targets when they come close, let say 100km. A destroyer with aegis capacity would detect and destroy enemy missiles and aircrafts far from shore and extend the range of air defence.

aegis-ddg11-1.jpg

yeah everybody loves them, very much. Even the Chinese know that very well and working so hard to build their own Aegis capable destroyer

Back
Top Bottom