What's new

Vietnam dancing between US alliance and Chinese brotherhood: Global Times

I do recommend you to talk about two countries's cooperation, whatever on economy, culture, military as well. Everytime when Ho Chi Minh came China ask for support, Mao always said 600 million Chinese are Vietnam's brother, 9600 thousand km2 land is Vietnam's strong rear. Time changes now, but cooperation is still on. You see how many Vietnamese live and study in China.

Everytime has an opposite opinion when Chinese members here say something, whatever their opinions are right or wrong! Whatever China support, you guys will opposite, whatever China opposite, you guys will support? Even not thinking that is right or not? China and Vietnam have a very big market on cooperation, and both sides have the same social problem.

Someone say China army is corruption, but how about Vietnam army? Very Clean? Those countries who follows China cultrue all have corruption problem, maybe Japan do well on that, but using a Chinese proverb to describe China and Vietnam(半瓶子醋乱晃荡). Not wise to talk those stupid topic.
he he he...you are very angry now, right?
I wish more Chinese like you on this forum. I believe you are Chinese with a Vietnamese heart. :sarcastic: But the world is unfortunately not what you wish for.

Sure, I rather want to see Vietnam to be a friend and ally of China. Trust me, historically Vietnam always wants a good relationship with China. Nobody of us seeks confrontation. For nearly a millenium, despite being an independent nation, ancient Vietnam continued to pay tributes, even in times just after a war with China. Again in the recent history, Vietnam made the first step sending envoy to China to seek normalisation. Though everybody knows China invaded and destroyed Vietnam in 1979.

Yes, It is impossible to have a normal relation with China as China does not want what Vietnam wants.What China wants is a surrender of Vietnam. You may think otherwise, but that is the impression of the Viet people. If you look back and remember of what terrible things China did to Vietnam, you will understand. :(

Sure, you are right. there are some positive things
over 1 million of Vietnamese tourists visit China every year.
ten thousands of Vietnamese study in China.
endless delegations of Vietnamese government, party, youth, etc visit their Chinese counterparts
marriages between Chinese and Vietnamese
Chinese live in Vietnam and vice versa
in economics, China is the most important trade partner
etc

but one most important factor lacks of in the relationship: trust. We don´t trust China, more precise Chinese politics.
can you imagine that China and Vietnam will ever conduct a joint military excercise? no, unthinkable.

Politics is a dirty business, I undertand it is natural that China takes care of its national interests. China is a big country. You have ambitions. that is ok. We have to deal with it. as a immediate neighbor, we don´t have any choice.

Last edited:
he he he...you are very angry now, right?
I wish more Chinese like you on this forum. I believe you are Chinese with a Vietnamese heart. But the world is unfortunately not what you wish for.

Sure, I rather want to see Vietnam to be a friend and ally of China. Trust me, historically Vietnam always wants a good relationship with China. Nobody of us seeks confrontation. For nearly a millenium, depite being an iindependent nation, ancient Vietnam continued to pay tributes, even in times just after a war with China. Again in the recent history, Vietnam made the first step sending envoy to China to seek normalisation. Though everybody knows China invaded and destroyed Vietnam in 1979.

Yes, It is impossible to have a normal relation with China as China does not want what Vietnam wants.What China wants is a surrender of Vietnam. You may think otherwise, but that is the impression of the Viet people. If you look back and remember of what terrible things China did to Vietnam, you will understand. :(

Sure, you are right. there are some positive things
over 1 million of Vietnamese tourists visit China every year.
ten thousands of Vietnamese study in China.
endless delegions of Vietnamese government, party, youth, etc visit their Chinese counterparts
marriages between Chinese and Vietnamese
Chinese live in Vietnam and vice versa
in economics, China is the most important trade partner
etc

but one most important factor lacks of in the relationship: trust. We don´t trust China, more precise Chinese politics.
can you imagine that China and Vietnam will ever conduct a joint military excercise? no, unthinkable.

Politics is a dirty business, I undertand it is natural that China takes care of its national interests. that is ok. We have to deal with it. as a immediate neighbor, we don´t have any choice.
Angry? Why should I angry? Just have time and come here, but both sides have some people not calming down and talk some stupid. Blaming each other cannot solve problem. I cannot imagine what kind of benfit can China get from Vietnam's surrender? You want I do the business with Burma? Are you kidding me?

Angry? Why should I angry? Just have time and come here, but both sides have some people not calming down and talk some stupid. Blaming each other cannot solve problem. I cannot imagine what kind of benfit can China get from Vietnam's surrender? You want I do the business with Burma? Are you kidding me?
Burma is a rising country. Chinese do a lot of business there. Mandalay is full of Chinese enterprises.
what can China benefit from the surrender of Vietnam? you are naive.

Burma is a rising country. Chinese do a lot of business there. Mandalay is full of Chinese enterprises.
Burma even cannot ensure a stabile political enviroment! How can I do business in such country? My idea is not the same as those normal Chinese. Maybe they think Burma is a hopeful. Just tell me how you can solve all the relation if you open a factory in a country like Burma? The village officer come for "li xi" today, Town officer come tomorrow, city officer come the day after tomorrow, and after a month, anti-government officer come. Dare I invest such country?

What can China get from the surrender of Vietnam is nothing but Vietnamese refugee rush into or smuggle in China border for life, endless civil in Vietnam and innoncent gunfire attack, a superior high cost to manage and make Vietnam peaceful. Taking resource? Taking recource in a chao country? I'd rather buy! But Chinese people can get benefits from Vietnam's development. You can see what Chinese government do now, not here in forum.

Last edited:
Burma even cannot ensure a stabile political enviroment! How can I do business in such country? My idea is not the same as those normal Chinese. Maybe they think Burma is a hopeful. Just tell me how you can solve all the relation if you open a factory in a country like Burma? The village officer come for "li xi" today, Town officer come tomorrow, city officer come the day after tomorrow, and after a month, anti-government officer come. Dare I invest such country?.
Chinese business knows how to survice and make the best out of everything. see how properours overseas Chinese are, be in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand or elsewhere. Burma is politically more stable than Thailand today.
What can China get from the surrender of Vietnam is nothing but Vietnamese refugee rush into or smuggle in China border for life, endless civil in Vietnam and innoncent gunfire attack, a superior high cost to manage and make Vietnam peaceful. Taking resource? Taking recource in a chao country? I'd rather buy! But Chinese people can get benefits from Vietnam's development. You can see what Chinese government do now, not here in forum.
back in 19 century , the French knew if they conquered Vietnam, they would control Indochina and the South China Sea.
From there, they would control South China and the rest of South East Asia.

I assume China does not think much of difference. But perhaps I am wrong, and you can correct me.

Vietnam shares more cultural, ethnic, and geographic ties with China. the American government and the American people don't care about Vietnam unless there is some money to be made...o well :smitten:

back in 19 century , the French knew if they conquered Vietnam, they would control Indochina and the South China Sea.

I assume China does not think much of difference. But perhaps I am wrong, and you can correct me.[/quote]
Yes, you are right, but only in 19th Century! You know in 19th Century knew people nothing each other from other continents in east Asia until the europen warships came, and campared with european countries, Vietnam at that time was in stone age and uncivilized. So the French chose the military force to spread their influence at that time. Unfortunately, China didnt catch up that period and also became a vitcim at that time. Let's see what the situation is now? Information Age! Yes, China wants to spread the influence in Vietnam, but how? By the mean of military force? It is the stupidest way! What is the influence? The first McDonald's opened in Vietnam and many people came there and become a popular in Vietnam, that is the influence! Everybody loves Sony's digtal products, which also is an influence. All Chinese students must have English test when they enter University. That is also a kind of English. Chinese influence in Vietnam? Too much. You family book was written by Chinese, that is an influence. Now understand? In history knew people nothing about this, so they would only use military force, but from Alexander the Great to the Mongolia Empire, who could have a deep and forever influence by the means of military force? No! Back to Asia. Do China want to control SCS? As a big country, yes. But not the French way, and this "control" is not the meaning in the 19th Century.

Chinese business knows how to survice and make the best out of everything. see how properours overseas Chinese are, be in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand or elsewhere. Burma is politically more stable than Thailand today.

I assume China does not think much of difference. But perhaps I am wrong, and you can correct me.
Yes, you are right, but only in 19th Century! You know in 19th Century knew people nothing each other from other continents in east Asia until the europen warships came, and campared with european countries, Vietnam at that time was in stone age and uncivilized. So the French chose the military force to spread their influence at that time. Unfortunately, China didnt catch up that period and also became a vitcim at that time. Let's see what the situation is now? Information Age! Yes, China wants to spread the influence in Vietnam, but how? By the mean of military force? It is the stupidest way! What is the influence? The first McDonald's opened in Vietnam and many people came there and become a popular in Vietnam, that is the influence! Everybody loves Sony's digtal products, which also is an influence. All Chinese students must have English test when they enter University. That is also a kind of English. Chinese influence in Vietnam? Too much. You family book was written by Chinese, that is an influence. Now understand? In history knew people nothing about this, so they would only use military force, but from Alexander the Great to the Mongolia Empire, who could have a deep and forever influence by the means of military force? No! Back to Asia. Do China want to control SCS? As a big country, yes. But not the French way, and this "control" is not the meaning in the 19th Century.

Vietnam shares more cultural, ethnic, and geographic ties with China. the American government and the American people don't care about Vietnam unless there is some money to be made...o well :smitten:
you are right. We Vietnamese share more cultural, ethnic, and geographic ties with China than the uncivilized Americans.

But do you remember?

"we must destroy the village in order to rescue it!".
that was one infamous citation of an US General during the US-Vietnam war when he ordered his troop to annihilate a South Vietnamese village Ben Tre including all of the people living in it.

when the PLA withdrew from Vietnam in 1979, they implemented scorched earth policy by destroying everything on the way back to China, including killing about 10,000 Vietnamese civilians.

Do you see any differences?

you are right. We Vietnamese share more cultural, ethnic, and geographic ties with China than the uncivilized Americans.

But do you remember?

that was one infamous citation of an US General during the US-Vietnam war when he ordered his troop to annihilate a South Vietnamese village Ben Tre including all of the people living in it.

when the PLA withdrew from Vietnam in 1979, they implemented scorched earth policy by destroying everything on the way back to China, including killing about 10,000 Vietnamese civilians.

Who told you that?

i MEAN THIS

i MEAN THIS

Dude these Vietcongs have trouble with English. You ask them to show us proof about certain topics and they will give you irrelevant links.

Dude these Vietcongs have trouble with English. You ask them to show us proof about certain topics and they will give you irrelevant links.
you idiot und retard, can´t you open the links and read the contents?
do you want to deny that the war did not even exist?

i MEAN THIS
the number of 10,000 was given by the government of Vietnam.

here is a report on one atrocity committed by the PLA
Gainesville Sun - Google News Archive Search

But do you remember?

This is the American way, you must bow down and serve us. :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom