What's new

Envoy nominee open to lifting arms ban to Vietnam

America just need export 'Republic of Vietnam' to Vietnam... then let's wait.

65e563bb48455703.jpg

62fe4b3dh84649da2bb56&690

Vietnam has seen a history of changing the rulers. dynasty rises and falls. whoever fails to protect the country, their days are numbered. the people of Vietnam never accept a weak leadership who sacrifices national territory and interests.

It's your freedom to believe what VN was or is. But color revolution is a reality. Personally I welcome that viets get rid of those faking commies.

America just need export 'Republic of Vietnam' to Vietnam... then let's wait.

65e563bb48455703.jpg

62fe4b3dh84649da2bb56&690
you fail to understand there is no difference between Vietnamese in Vietnam and overseas if it comes to national territory and core interests. Republic of Vietnam does no longer exist. It is just a memory of the past. The vast majority of overseas Vietnam do not desire to overthrow the current governmnent. Perhaps some few extremists do.

as you post pics from America:

Barrack Obama has just nominated Colonel Luong Xuan, deputy commander of the 1st Infantry Division at Fort Hood (Texas) to Brigadier general.
pbtv_luongtrongviet1.jpg

or this guy here: Hung Ba Le, the commander of the guided-missile destroyer USS Lassen
3903250335.jpg

I think they are very keen to slap your dirty chicom face.

no they are looking forward to fucking your dirty people
Well i got ur point, the powerful Vietnamese is a American citizen, and his family might from Republic of Vietnam. :coffee: I think they are very keen to slap your dirty VCP face.
Placing your hopes for defending your country on foreigners of no importance,lol.I begin to feel pity for the viets.

I'm just laughing at these troll's comments. There's only 2 reasons why you're so angry at US lifting their weapon ban to Vietnam... fear and jealosy.
735446.jpg

As Viet said, its not about just the weapons, this is a sign of normalization and the beginning of a possible future alliance. If the Viet government wants to be able to buy american weapons, they have to take further steps into improving human rights.

Its the natural ebb and flow of national interests @visom . One's past enemy doesnt necesessarily mean one cannot be friends with them in the future. Look at Germany and France. Look at Japan and the Philippines. Look at Turkey and Bulgaria. Look at Mexico and the United States. Look at Vietnam and Cambodia. :)

So, it is only natural that Vietnam will eventually look to closer ties with the United States.

US will donate some offensive weapons to Vietnam in the future.

I think the Philippines is actively purchasing as well. They have already appropriated a multi-billion dollar defense acquisition program.

If they can purchase 12 Korean FA-50 jets for over $240 million, then they can easily purchase black hawks.

I think the Philippines is actively purchasing as well. They have already appropriated a multi-billion dollar defense acquisition program.

If they can purchase 12 Korean FA-50 jets for over $240 million, then they can easily purchase black hawks.

I don't really care for any who buy what from whom

I don't really care for any who buy what from whom

They have the means to purchase military material. Their defense budget is <1% , and the Philippines is a rich country, with a very large abundance of natural resources (coal, ng, copper, zinc, diamond, gold, petro). They wealth is not based only on 'bananas' or what have you. They have a very young and skilled work force, and have the potential to become a regional player. I expect their country to become even more potent within 2-3 decades time.

They have the means to purchase military material. Their defense budget is <1% , and the Philippines is a rich country, with a very large abundance of natural resources (coal, ng, copper, zinc, diamond, gold, petro). They wealth is not based only on 'bananas' or what have you. They have a very young and skilled work force, and have the potential to become a regional player. I expect their country to become even more potent within 2-3 decades time.
US can give weapons as aid for alliance, they have been given weapons and aid to pakistan since 60's

US will donate some offensive weapons to Vietnam in the future.

Imagine nuclear holocaust take place in Asia? Great deal of people will die from nuclear blast.
It sounds like 1960s Cuba missile crisis, i trust in the future America/ Russia / China can export their nukes to all over the world.

Arms race and external pressure would justify the greater increase of China's defense budget and expenditure. Thanks a lot, folks! As a result, there would always be somebody broke at the end like the Soviet in the cold war period. This time broken countries won't be China for sure.

Arms race and external pressure would justify the greater increase of China's defense budget and expenditure. Thanks a lot, folks! As a result, there would always be somebody broke at the end like the Soviet in the cold war period. This time broken countries won't be China for sure.
Not sure why you would be happy about China increasing defense budget. Money has to come from somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom