What's new

US brings resolution on religious freedom in Gujarat

Thread is about gujarat.

Logic is not and can never be confined to a thread topic.

Logic runs wide and is the same, unless, of course, you want to change the goal posts.

Asim, on a personal level might be against the blasphemy laws and I respect him and others like him for that.

However, that doesn't change the fact that the blasphemy laws do exist under the aegis of the Pakistani peoples' desire to have them.

Hence the question. Does it put all the Pakistanis at fault also?

who give's a rat's a$$ what us congress has to say about Gujrat the main problem is that the congeressi stoges(sonia gandhi &co.) is not getting any cuts from the economic boom in Gujrat & so are owr media + US compnies & corporations are aslo not getting any special treatment over European co's so all three parties are making such noises...Khisyaanee billi khambhaa noche!!!!!

haters gonna hate

narendra-modi.jpg

Preaching us about religious freedom while their soldiers are busy burning religious books and pissing on corpses, incredible!

Quote of the day...

But still, there is freedom of religion in the US of A.

Any US soldier's actions are not liable in Afghan law - a curse for any country under foreign occupation.

Logic runs wide and is the same, unless, of course, you want to change the goal posts.

Asim, on a personal level might be against the blasphemy laws and I respect him and others like him for that.

However, that doesn't change the fact that the blasphemy laws do exist under the aegis of the Pakistani peoples' desire to have them.

Blasphemy law is no way comparable to gujarat riots so even the logic is false.

Agreed CJS, but it is unwarranted and unnecessary interference nevertheless. The US is the sole super power and all its actions have far reaching repercussions and are therefore closely watched all over the world. American lawmakers should be careful that they do not act in a way that is detrimental to US national interests. Preaching us about religious freedom while their soldiers are busy burning religious books and pissing on corpses, incredible!

Don't you think thats a gross generalization

Shame you have to spoil your post mate by the opening sentance.

Firstly Modi has made monumental errors in his poor handling of the 2002 riots. For that and his subsequent responses he will and has suffered in gaining the confidence of the muslims in Gujarat - Can you blame them for their no support? For this reason alone i think his future aspirations for leading India will always remain a dream.
I find it ironic CJS that you feel Gujarati muslims like Modi etc in your previous posts - i know of a different situation from who and what i know. There are literally 1000s of Gujaratis in the Batley area of Yorkshire - they certainly have a serious dislike to him and for that reason alot have settled down over here.
One thing i would like to say is that this i believe is an indian issue and for the US to bring up resolutions in Gujarat is incredible. I agree with PMukerjee - they are a fine one to talk after their legacy of treating people by p!ssing on the dead and burning the Quran in Afghanistan. Perhaps they should start putting their own house in order before commenting on issues that dont concern them.

Modi's party's victory in the state body elections in Muslim majority areas proves that the Muslims of Gujarat have also accepted him and have acknowledged his work.

Prove me wrong.

Blasphemy law is no way comparable to gujarat riots so even the logic is false.

Exactly.

In fact it is even worse.

Gujarat riots and Modi's so-called inaction was not condoned by the constitution or the parliament of India.

However, the blashemy laws are and have been, time and again, condoned by the state institutions such as the constitution and the penal code of Pakistan.

Doing something bad is wrong.

Doing something bad and giving it constitutional sanction by making it a law is even worse.

Well, I don't think nearly that hundreds of people dying in a freaking a riot isn't exactly comparable to whatever riots go in China or Pakistan.

Well, I don't think nearly that hundreds of people dying in a freaking a riot isn't exactly comparable to whatever riots go in China or Pakistan.

You clearly have missed the point I'm trying to make here.

1 or 1000, an innocent's life remains precious and so do the principles guarding it.

Even Islam says that if you kill one innocent, you kill all humanity.

Hence, even as per Islam, there's no difference between 1 innocent life and 1000 innocent lives.

Exactly.

In fact it is even worse.

Gujarat riots and Modi's so-called inaction was not condoned by the constitution or the parliament of India.

However, the blashemy laws are and have been, time and again, condoned by the state institutions such as the constitution and the penal code of Pakistan.

Doing something bad is wrong.

Doing something bad and giving it constitutional sanction by making it a law is even worse.

When modi himself was quiet on gujarat riots then does it matter that it was written or not written in the constitution?

Plus blashemy law just say "do not insult islam" so nothing bad in it.

When modi himself was quiet on gujarat riots then does it matter that it was written or not written in the constitution?

What?

It makes all the difference, mate.

If I steal something and the state is not able to find evidence against me, that is one thing.

However, if the same state makes a law legalising theft; it puts the thing at an altogether different level.

Pakistan's blasphemy law legalizes the persecution of minorities.

To kill an innocent person is one thing and to legalize the killing is entirely another thing.

Plus blashemy law just say "do not insult islam" so nothing bad in it.

Face it. It says a lot more than that.

Back
Top Bottom