What's new

Unverified Source: 5 TTP terrorists neutralised in Afghanistan

This tweet reads like it was typed up by a 15 year old fan boy.

The romanticization of special operations in the Western media, particularly through Hollywood, affects fanboys here too. We're still significantly better than Indians in this regard, though.

Regardless, if all these details are correct, it's quite an op. Well done, boys. I hope we have some actual strategy and are not relying on tactics-as-strategy, which has been our mistake for decades.

May be a message to TTP top leadership that they aren’t so safe, especially after their attempts to cause mayhem in Islamabad.

I’m curious as to whether the Haqqani network was activated for the op.

I know that our boys hunt across the border too. Of course, using proxies is an option as well.

We always make the mistake of risking intel and human life to tackle the terror groups themselves without having any strategy to truly raise costs (read: deter) their backers. Earlier, we had no strategy to introduce consequences for India for supporting anti-Pak militants --- I hope we apply better sense this time when dealing with the IEA.

I know that our boys hunt across the border too. Of course, using proxies is an option as well.

We always make the mistake of risking intel and human life to tackle the terror groups themselves without having any strategy to truly raise costs (read: deter) their backers. Earlier, we had no strategy to introduce consequences for India for supporting anti-Pak militants --- I hope we apply better sense this time when dealing with the IEA.

This can’t be SSG cross border operation but I’m fairly certain Haqqanis have Pakistani SF among their ranks.

Its not a win unless bases are bombed and we see picture/video evidence.

This can’t be SSG cross border operation but I’m fairly certain Haqqanis have Pakistani SF among their ranks.

Both possible. SSG teams operated in Afghanistan even during the previous govt there.

Regardless, a few less TTP scum. The IEA official apparently hosting them probably shouldn't have been spared.

Both possible. SSG teams operated in Afghanistan even during the previous govt there.

Regardless, a few less TTP scum. The IEA official apparently hosting them probably shouldn't have been spared.
Daesh militants involved in attack on Pakistan Embassy in Kabul killed: Afghan spokesperson
Read More at: https://www.dawn.com/news/1730052/d...n-embassy-in-kabul-killed-afghan-spokesperson

Taliban finally moved into action after the same group attacked them at their mil airport.

2 high level commanders were neutralised with them

We have killed countless of them.

Such movements cannot be eradicated by killing replaceable commanders alone. Its only possible by denying them sanctuary (wherever it may be) and raising the cost for their backers (often India, this time the Afg Taliban). Without that, it's just tactics --- not strategy.

Still, these tactics are an important part of any CT strategy and they take a lot of skill and courage to execute well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom