What's new

Unstable Pak behind defence expenses: Chidambaram

Status
Not open for further replies.

herakles

New Recruit

Reaction score
chidambaramnewstory1.jpg

Home Minister P Chidambaram said on Saturday that earmarking Rs 1,47,000 crore for India's defence budget was "absolutely necessary and inevitable" as neighbours like Pakistan did not have a friendly attitude towards the country.

"Had the neighbouring countries been stable, peaceful and were oriented in a friendly manner towards India, our allocation of such a big fund for defence in the budget would not have arisen," he said at a meeting organised by Puducherry PCC as part of the 125th year celebrations of party formation.

Referring to internal security, Chidambaram said the budget for the current fiscal is expected to be Rs 40,000 crores to address the requirements of paramilitary forces and the police.

"Terrorists, divisive forces and Naxals are on the prowl fomenting violence by exploiting and intimidating the poor and have-nots and more particularly the tribal people," he said, adding, allocating such amount becomes necessary "to manage the machinations of these elements.

Unstable Pak behind defence expenses: Chidambaram

it must be more.it's not enough as our forces demanding more

If India is developing arsenal to "defend" itself then it has crossed the threshold many years back when it exploded Nuclear Weapons. India is giving lame excuses to suck poor's money and build a wishful nuclear and conventional arsenal. If "Unstable Pakistan" is an excuse, will India sell its weapon stockpile once Pakistan got stabilized? I know Indian members here are going to burn their @sses out defending a moron here without realizing Chidambaram has been lame enough already, he didn't need to prove himself more.

"Terrorists, divisive forces and Naxals are on the prowl fomenting violence by exploiting and intimidating the poor and have-nots and more particularly the tribal people," he said, adding, allocating such amount becomes necessary "to manage the machinations of these elements."

How come only Pakistan gets called out in the headline given that there is more of an internal threat to India than an external one? Pretty lame reason given that such expenses have always gone on regardless of Pakistan's stability or instability.

lolzzz........ so india needs that much money only to counter some odd $4bn of our military budget. its either india does not know how to use money efficiently or they are trying to make ppl food.
wonder wat will happen once chidambaram realises that there is china in the north as well.

So where has the China talk gone ??

First they were saying that its for China and now they are again after Pakistan.

They seriously can't make up their mind.

And now Indian members will come and say yes it is for both Pakistan and China, well then don't tell us, tell it to your above minister to mention China too, but we can understand if he is afraid to mention China as he knows what will come their way with love from China.

Its seems Pakistan is a real pain in the arse of India as such a tiny country needs to be overwhelmed with such huge Indian might.

A country with 4B defence budget and the mighty India has to spend 30B and still going on.

Wow.

First they were saying that its for China and now they are again after Pakistan.

And now Indian members will come and say yes it is for both Pakistan and China, well then don't tell us, tell it to your above minister to mention China too, but we can understand if he is afraid to mention China as he knows what will come their way with love from China.

Its seems Pakistan is a real pain in the arse of India as such a tiny country needs to be overwhelmed with such huge Indian might.

A country with 4B defence budget and the mighty India has to spend 30B and still going on.

Wow.

Had the neighbouring countries been stable, peaceful and were oriented in a friendly manner towards India,

How come only Pakistan gets called out in the headline given that there is more of an internal threat to India than an external one? Pretty lame reason given that such expenses have always gone on regardless of Pakistan's stability or instability.

I disagree. Naxals and Maoists are not even a matter of hours for the army. This issue is more of political motivated.

Pakistan is on the other hand has 50 times highly trained manpower than naxals and i am not even counting mechanized forces and independent battle groups and Air and Naval power.

If you are equating yourself to Naxals, your are grossly under evaluating your armed forces.

Wow.

Do you think India spends billions for one country then think about US?

Had the neighbouring countries been stable, peaceful and were oriented in a friendly manner towards India,

Don't worry, we are stable enough, even though we have seen lot of blood spilled in last few years, but there is no damage to our sovereignty, nor are our nukes lying in the open, we are still standing on our feet and doing good and becoming strong.

And as for peaceful, well when India will quit its cheap tactics of supporting terrorism in Pakistan, then we will talk about peace.

Don't worry, we are stable enough, even though we have seen lot of blood spilled in last few years, but there is no damage to our sovereignty, nor are our nukes lying in the open, we are still standing on our feet and doing good and becoming strong.

And as for peaceful, well when India will quit its cheap tactics of supporting terrorism in Pakistan, then we will talk about peace.

my point was that he refered to countries and not country..

I am glad you feel Pakistan is doing good and becoming strong.. Best wishes for that..

The last paragraph of your post is a simple flame, so I will avoid responding to it..

Do you think India spends billions for one country then think about US?

Well it is not for me to think, as i know that, tell it to your minister.

That is wht i said above also, tell it to your minister sahab, that defence raise is not just for Pakistan, even though majority of the IA is facing Pakistan.

Well it is not for me to think, as i know that, tell it to your minister.

That is wht i said above also, tell it to your minister sahab, that defence raise is not just for Pakistan, even though majority of the IA is facing Pakistan.

So what? India needs to be prepared for Pakistan and China. Now It cannot make missile or Aircraft's assigned for only one of the two countries?

So all the neighboring countries are unstable, not peaceful and not oriented in friendly manner towards India? Dude if that is how you or your politicians look at things, you seriously need to review your own policies and attitude as to why every neighbor is like this towards you. It cant be that everyone is wrong but you are not.

my point was that he refered to countries and not country..

I am glad you feel Pakistan is doing good and becoming strong.. Best wishes for that..

The last paragraph of your post is a simple flame, so I will avoid responding to it..

Yeah, he said countries, but he did mentioned Pakistan, which showed the true intention as what card he is trying to play.

Well i doubt Indians would be ever glad to know that.

And yeah to you it will seem flame, but for me as I know much more then what is told on media, it isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom