What's new

UAE government appoints former ISI Chief Pasha as advisor

Cognitive dissonance - The theory of cognitive dissonance in social psychology proposes that people have a motivational drive to reduce dissonance by altering existing cognitions, adding new ones to create a consistent belief system, or alternatively by reducing the importance of any one of the dissonant elements.

This thread is a great example.

You are an extremists, otherwise there are many Pakistanis of all sects. working in UAE and your hateful comments remarks are just insult for all of them.

It is people like you who are sending Pakistani money to Iran and UK, instead of helping Pakistan.

Here comes why not saudi why iran attitude. I have met hundreds of Arabs who come here in UK and they are as rotten to their core as i imagined. They give you hours of lectures on morality and religion but still at the end of the day you will going to find them in Pubs and Clubs. They are not shy of their hate for non Arab Muslims. If you just known what they say in Arabic while standing next to you then you will know.

ah, again emotional sensation thirsty mind set, UAE don't need failed strategic horse from Pakistan who couldn't save thousands of Pakistanis in foreign aided/planned bomb blasts/terrorist acts. UAE need personality to worsen security situation of Pakistan and protect US interests so Pasha is there. It can't be ruled out that appointment was suggested by US.

UAE is allied to US/NATO. UAE is allied to gulf monarchies Saudi Arabia and Qatar who helped overthrow Gaddafi in Libya and now trying to overthrow Assad in Syria.

UAE also close to notorious US agencies like Blackwater.

nytimes.com/2011/05/15/world/middleeast/15prince.html?pagewanted=all

nytimes.com/2011/05/16/world/middleeast/16prince.html?_r=0

Blackwater is one of the agencies that is carrying out terrorism in Pakistan.

A join date of 2007 and 153 posts ... and making demands on moderation.

you have high expectations without knowledge of daily trends here at PDF !

Thanks for ontopic , enlightening and objective post.

Really, Posting reply on post by post means you are the Moderator.. very funny. lets take in that way, I have job to full fill daily job assignment to earn my Bread, but it seems since 2009 you are getting funds from your new sponsor country, Yes you are right my post has objective but your.........//????????????????.

I think this particular anomaly will be corrected. ISI is highly cellular. :D

That bit reminds me of an interesting neighborhood in Brooklyn; where I saw two "cover businesses" run by a local La Cosa Nostra Family (IIRC- the Gallo family). One was a Florists and the other (across the street) was a Funeral Parlor. Almost invariably I saw a couple of big black Sedans there and some burly guys in Homburgs siting on chairs on the sidewalk reading Italian newspapers and puffing on cigars.

The folks around used to say: These guys first send you flowers and then give you decent funeral!

All done very nicely. :D

He was no ordinary man...The post of DG ISI tht he held must hv been given to him after highest security clearance and even two extensions to his service....No ordinary man can hold this post...So obv he was an extremely trustworthy person by Pak military and intelligence circles..They must hav kept tab on him even while he was serving as DG ISI somehow.... U cant expect such ppl who hav been at such critical positions to just become irresponsible once they retire tht they will blurt out Pakistan's secrets and tht suddenly he will hav a change of heart and he will become a traitor to Pak...In exchange of wht ..do u think..he can be compromised..or be lured/forced to reveal Pakistan's secrets? Money...or any other trick ppl can employ? Cudnt they hav tried it..while he was ISI chief? Ppl might argue tht at tht time...he would hav been under strict observation...then I think....he wd hav been under observation even after he had retired.....even now also... First..its been almost an yr tht he retired.. Then as I say....I think he wd hv been under observation even now..so ISI or MI must hav known abt this offer to him.beforehand..obviously they see no harm in it...thts why they hav let him opt for this ...otherwise there were 1000's of ways..by which they cd stop him..from accepting this offer....Or who knows maybe they themselves had a deal with UAE regd this and they hav themselves suggested Pasha's name to UAE govt?This is most likely

There is a good doctor in Pakistani prison being tried for terrorism for doing exactly that. ;)

tumblr_mcfa2zWZuu1rrf8nk.gif

Of course there is a difference.One got baptized by the blood of Osama bin laden & the other one rejected the invitation from India, so how can he be that pious?

On topic, it's a fine way to keep yourself busy.Boredom and inactivity can rust your mind.I wish him success there as well.

A join date of 2007 and 153 posts ... and making demands on moderation.

you have high expectations without knowledge of daily trends here at PDF !

Thanks for ontopic , enlightening and objective post.

Salman your posts constantly target Shias in specific. They are our citizens and it is Wahabism that has no place in Pakistan and is an Arabic ideology. Your posts should indeed be deleted.

@t topic. I am not way to worried about this. We do not know what the real deal is behind this.

The sooner this happens the better.

We the muslims need to put our act together and the best way of doing that is by coming together !

We need to share and collborate. Instead everyone developing little individual pieces redundantly; we need to share the burdens and collaborate in profits.

I hope and pray to live and see that day.

I want to drink what you had today

ah, again emotional sensation thirsty mind set, UAE don't need failed strategic horse from Pakistan who couldn't save thousands of Pakistanis in foreign aided/planned bomb blasts/terrorist acts. UAE need personality to worsen security situation of Pakistan and protect US interests so Pasha is there. It can't be ruled out that appointment was suggested by US.

Sir were you trying to be funny or what ? stop posting jokes and lies and come with something useful Sir

Sir were you trying to be funny or what ? stop posting jokes and lies and come with something useful Sir

Can people please calm down? Here are the facts. Lt General Pasha is retired and has the right to peruse job opportunities in his retirement. Believe you me, If the establishment or the government had any apprehensions over this hiring Pasha wouldn't even be able to board any plane that goes out of the country. There are specific protocols and NOC's to be attained before such undertaking. Heck my uncle who's an accounts officer at PAEC could just about go to hajj - that to after a lengthy procedure.

Now UAE is a nation that punches above its weight - part of the reason for this is that throughout it's history whenever they have lacked local expertise - they have compensated by bringing foreign expertise to nullify that deficit - this has been the majority of cases and they've payed top dollar for the best - using oil and tourism money - that's how they build the tallest buildings and have the biggest airline fleets - foreign expertise.

If anything it's a testament to the ISI that foreign nations are acknowledging their expertise and prowess and actively perusing their former employees. If Pasha is not hired then believe me its not a loss to the UAE - They'll shell out as much if not more money for some western "contractor" or an equivalent Pasha.

No for all this hogwash about "ghadari" - Please a person whose given 35+ years of service to his country won't be silly to put that country in danger - and why would he? He is going to the UAE which has extremely warm. cordial and brotherly ties with our nation. Our current Intelligence cooperation is extensive and deep - there are no major conflicts of interests as of now.

P.S can we please get out of this sunni - shia fasad? It's bad enough already as it isin Pakistan - why is it spilling over into this fora?

Back
Top Bottom