What's new

UAE All Radio Stations Supporting Only India

Status
Not open for further replies.
its we who decide how we should be addressed......[/B]

Exactly! I don't know why is this so hard for these guys to accept.

May be they don't WANT TO understand.

Instead of being smart can you explain why your fellow Indian called my country a dump ?

type Pakistany if you wish
I would understand correctly :P

and I have no problem if you type like that

Zaki, but thats the problem.......

Typing it intentionally to corrupt a name vs. making an error is two different things....

When educated, well read folks stoop to these levels, then something is definitely wrong.....

Again...whether you mind being called Pakistany is not the issue....but we expect our nation to be addressed correctly

Its so funny to see that tomorrow we might be fighting about the correct spellings of the word "Samosa"

Is it Samosa or Sasmusa :rofl:

Its so funny to see that tomorrow we might be fighting about the correct spellings of the word "Samosa"

Only if you constitutionally change the name of your country from 'Pakistan' to 'Samosa'.

Be serious.

lol... u are using a wrong analogy.. here we are talking about the sensivities, a social identity of a person which should get respect. let me put a blunt example how this two words sound differently "abba" and "baap" . they both having the same meaning but different connotation

don't worry about us just imagine if one user can make you feel so bad by calling you bharati imagine what the rest can do or you so my advice to you is just go and don't lose your sleep over it if u keep talking it only shows how insecure you are ok

This is a minor disagreement at least......

Frankly, I dont even understand why Pakistanis are being so adamant about this....its kinda immature...

Just accept and move on....

I should start calling Pakistanis as Paktis or Paknis. You shouldn't have a problem with it right? Your country's name is only as important as samosa to you.

This whole thread is soo stupid. 8 pages of name discussions.
Although @Pakistanis: Nobody will ever feel insulted if you really do use 'bharatiya' instead of bharti

:blink: India (Bharat) is the only country on earth that means which has a female version too.

Bharati (sarasvati) is the goddess name…she is 'Wife of Brahma'

Bharati female name
Bharat male name
There are some names which commenly used for both male and female like durga, sakthi

Yaar maanlay, its not ARY.

Perhaps your confusion is because its parent company is abbreviated as ARN - Arab Radio Network? Don't you think if it was owned by ARY, they would be a little kinder to Pakistanis?

But on an individual radio level they are also quite distinct from one another and compete a lot, so they probably have sub-companies operating independently.

Im into it man, in media/advtg. in India & ME else I wont claim.

@Jana:

Let me say that some of the Pakistani members here are needlessly stretching this name business on the basis of illogical arguments. Why should Sunil Bharti Mittal's name decide how you call your eastern neighbor?

Anyway for those who keep bringing Mittal's name up, here is the explanation, and this will also tell you why this name is so rare:

"There's a story behind his middle name. His parents (father, a bania, and mother, a khatri—Hindu castes) had an intercaste marriage, which created a brouhaha at that time, forcing them to adopt the surname Bharti. Sunil Bharti reclaimed the surname Mittal much later in life."

An article on Sunil Bharti Mittal CMD Bharti Group

Now before you ask what is the origin of that name: Bharti is usually a feminine name. Don't ask me why they chose that name, just telling you how it is.

If you feel like replying to this with an argument, feel free.

@Jana:

Let me say that some of the Pakistani members here are needlessly stretching this name business on the basis of illogical arguments. Why should Sunil Bharti Mittal's name decide how you call your eastern neighbor?

Anyway for those who keep bringing Mittal's name up, here is the explanation, and this will also tell you why this name is so rare:

"There's a story behind his middle name. His parents (father, a bania, and mother, a khatri—Hindu castes) had an intercaste marriage, which created a brouhaha at that time, forcing them to adopt the surname Bharti. Sunil Bharti reclaimed the surname Mittal much later in life."

An article on Sunil Bharti Mittal CMD Bharti Group

Now before you ask what is the origin of that name: Bharti is usually a feminine name. Don't ask me why they chose that name, just telling you how it is.

If you feel like replying to this with an argument, feel free.

you guys dont listen to any argument simple as that.

let me just point out the bold word in your post. since Bania or banya is more related to business profession and Gandhi was also from bania/banya family but if we use the word bania/banya, the Indians here get so much offended even more than on the word bharati.

so it clearly shows you guys are having problem in your own thinking about these words.

anyway move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom