What's new

Type 96G. The core of the PLA armored divisions

tanlixiang28776

Reaction score
A lot of focus goes to the type 99 because its more advanced.

However currently there are only around 500 type 99 of all variant and likely less than a thousand will be build.

The type 96 while less advanced is the primary main battle tank of the PLA with 1,500 to 2,500 of all variants in service and is still being produced.

The type 96G has thermal sights shared by the commander and gunner while all three crew have night vision. The commander can target for the gunner, giving the type 96G hunter killer capabilities.

The main gun of the type 96G is the same as the type 99G capable of firing depleted uranium APFDS and AT 11 missiles.

The armor is thinner but its just as advanced as the type 99 armor.

Its also air transportable

1295517675_33863.jpg

Tanli...List me types and variants and the current upgrade projects and NEW developmental projects..

Why won't China bring all 500 type 99 to a single standard.

Tanli...List me types and variants and the current upgrade projects and NEW developmental projects..

Sure. This could take a while though.

As for the type 99s they are still experimental. We want to constantly improve and make new variants until we have enough money to buy them in enough numbers. Unfortunately the budget for ground forces are not particularly large compared to its size.

Its also cheaper and still destroys the tanks most of our neighbors have.

:coffee: In fact, PLA rarely use 99 tank.
South Korea's K2 tanks too few,
Vietnamese tanks are poor quality,
Qinghai-Tibet Plateau has been divided between India and China, 99 tank is too heavy for Plateau, can not be used and transport.
About USA, Nuclear weapons is more important, not tank.
99 tank can only be used for defense Russian, but Russia's tanks less every day...

The most important thing, 99 tank can't air transportable, and 96 tank can.

:cheers: Because type 99 is just technical reserves, PLA need to continue to improve technology, not a bulk purchase.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom