What's new

PLA Launches Fourth Type 052d 'chinese Aegis' Destroyer

128 VLS??? :o:

even Zumwalt has 80.

THAAD->RED->Missile

NMD->BLUE->Whole Defense System

why on earth I'd compare a missile with entire Missile defence System consisting various missiles.

@ChineseTiger1986

could you please get off faithfulguy from my @$$ by giving him some info about American Missile Defence.he got completely confused,and already quoted me atleast dozen times.I even tried to warn him but of no use...

Zumwalt emphasizes more about the stealth, while the Type 055 emphasizes more about the firepower.

They have a different role, one is the powerful guardian of the carrier battlegroup, the other one is a lethal lone wolf.

BTW, i don't have the power to dictate faithfulguy's will, he has the allegiance neither to China or India, but to America.

Finally rear radar and surface search radar installed! I take it Type 052D is currently the world's most advanced and powerful surface combatant to date?

Last edited:
why they're calling it Chinese Aegis??there is no Aegis comparable system(read missiles) installed in it.one miight compare SM-2 with HQ-9,but where is SM-3 comparable system??or is it that the role of serving as Anti Air warfare system is the reason??
HQ26 is comparable to SAM3

Does anyone know what the per unit acquisition cost of this vessel ? :what:

why they're calling it Chinese Aegis??there is no Aegis comparable system(read missiles) installed in it.one miight compare SM-2 with HQ-9,but where is SM-3 comparable system??or is it that the role of serving as Anti Air warfare system is the reason??
You for sure do not understand what Aegis means. When Aegis came out in 1970s, where is SM-3?

No less than 1 billion USD

I think that Type-055 will be the most powerful air-defence destroyer in the world when it comes into service in the latter part of the decade.

There is speculation that it will have 128 VLS cells, with the cells able to hold up to 8 missiles each!:woot:

You for sure do not understand what Aegis means. When Aegis came out in 1970s, where is SM-3?

answer the question than asking more question.is that the similar role,or the weapons or comparable integrated naval weapons system that was behind it???

I think that Type-055 will be the most powerful air-defence destroyer in the world when it comes into service in the latter part of the decade.

There is speculation that it will have 128 VLS cells, with the cells able to hold up to 8 missiles each!:woot:

It makes sense, in a battle on the seas, the US with more and most likely bigger carriers will have more fighters, so our destroyers must compensate for that with more air defense power.

It makes sense, in a battle on the seas, the US with more and most likely bigger carriers will have more fighters, so our destroyers must compensate for that with more air defense power.

Allow BD and Pakistan to buy one each(2 billion dollars per ship?) and see the Indians wetting their pants!:lol:

TYpe 055 will certainly have more VLS cells and carry more missiles than 052D, but not as many as 128X8...

Type 055, at least the 1st batch of the class, will focus on air-defence at the expense of land attack ablilites, for which China has opted for submarine-launched conventional and nuclear-tipped cruise missiles.

Back
Top Bottom