What's new

Japan rolls out 105mm MCV prototype

Looks like a mini tank. Why not just get a light tank? What am I missing here? What role is this supposed to fill that other vehicles can't do better?

Don't get me wrong, it looks cool, but cool doesn't win wars.

Looks like a mini tank. Why not just get a light tank? What am I missing here? What role is this supposed to fill that other vehicles can't do better?

It'll replace Type 74 old tank.

Do you think Pakistan has the potential to form up their own automotive company...

It mainly take on the role of infantry support and act as a light scouting vehicle

Tracked light tank produce so much noise and you can hear them mile away, by using the wheeled platform, it give the noise level as much as an automobile

Also mounting a gun on a wheeled apc allow it to save weight (a ligjt tank typically weight 35 ton while a MGPS usually weight less than 20 tons) and this allowing them to be able to drop with airborne troop.

Althought they are not supposed to heads up with a tank, but a 105 gun would gave those infantry a fighting chance against armoured foe

Plus you can get rid of those old tank gun and make it useful

Back
Top Bottom