What's new

Type 075 Landing Helicopter Dock (LHD) News & Discussions

Sounds legit and logical since Brazil has carrier with steam catapult launch. Probably sharing the technology with China too for J-15 with catapult launch.
I doubt it ... China steam catapult technology was already pretty mature by 2009. Most likely some other carrier ops training.
China needs 6 carriers by 2025. 3 large ones 001, 002, 003, and 3 Type 075.
Allegedly there is going to be 10 carriers by 2035

Why is the flight deck so thick on this ship? That thing has to be at least 4 meters in height.

I doubt it ... China steam catapult technology was already pretty mature by 2009. Most likely some other carrier ops training.

Allegedly there is going to be 10 carriers by 2035

China catapult is on raised deck on land runway. The catapult launch experience on floating moving ship is totally different especially on top of 35ft deck where plane experiences gravity after leaving deck can't compare to raised deck slightly several feet above ground. The pilots probably underwent flight take off and landing training on Brazil Clemenceau carrier.

China catapult is on raised deck on land runway. The catapult launch experience on floating moving ship is totally different especially on top of 35ft deck where plane experiences gravity after leaving deck can't compare to raised deck slightly several feet above ground. The pilots probably underwent flight take off and landing training on Brazil Clemenceau carrier.
Unlikely ... the pilots already have the Huangdichun facility to train on. Plus, I don't think a J-15 ever landed on the Brazilian carrier, making it highly doubtful the PLANAF pilots actually trained on there. More likely than not, the training was related to carrier ops (e.g. logistics, management) rather than flight ops.
Why is the flight deck so thick on this ship? That thing has to be at least 4 meters in height.
Additional armor? That would be my guess.

According to POP3 today on Weibo, the cost of each 075 is merely a few hundred million dollars and the type 076 is about to reach the end of its designing phase.
So when should we expect the 076 to be launched then?

Or perhaps the 3rd 075 sighted under construction now may be in fact a 076.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom