last decade was a complete turnaround for the Chinese navy

in 2010 they one single semi flat deck the Type 071 LPD, at most 4 helicopters

now they have

2 x Carriers
2 x LHD
and 8 x LPD

and 003 soon to follow next year

in wonder what this decade will bring, glad to have followed every development
The world does not behave in a simple, linear fashion.

Russia would be an option instead of developing and building their own one after the failed Mistral deal ... but I'm sure, politics again will prevent this.
If Russia buys Type 075 or others from China, how can Russia persuade other countries to buy its warships?

PLAAF bought 24 Su-35SK, and then many people think that Su-35SK would perform better than J-20...:nono::nono::nono:

If Russia buys Type 075 or others from China, how can Russia persuade other countries to buy its warships?

PLAAF bought 24 Su-35SK, and then many people think that Su-35SK would perform better than J-20...:nono::nono::nono:

Same way Russia bought from France the Mistral and yet many countries buy Mig29 and Su35 from Russia and not Rafale from France

this is not the reason, the main reason would simply be Russian ego

I still don't know why the PLAAF bought 24 Su-35SKs at very expensive prices ...

I still don't know why the PLAAF bought 24 Su-35SKs at very expensive prices ...
  1. Not much money for PLAAF budget.
  2. We can take a look at Russia final evolution of Flanker. It will help J-16 project.
  3. We can has first hands experience of Russia pioneered weapon system, S-400, Su-35. This is called building trust.
  4. We can offset some trade issues.

1. Not much money for PLAAF budget.
  2. We can take a look at Russia final evolution of Flanker. It will help J-16 project.
  3. We can has first hands experience of Russia pioneered weapon system, S-400, Su-35. This is called building trust.
  4. We can offset some trade issues.

You're right. China has never wasted money. With huge reserves of foreign currency, they absolutely can buy weapons in the style of saudi arabia and india. But that never happened.

I guess PLAAF want to compare with latest Russian fighters to evaluate own Chinese latest fighters.
Sounds a bit strange at the first because it wastes some budgets, but I found it is something PLAAF will do, not strange at all at second thought :)

Remember PLAN upgraded warships after building every two warships until they are happy with 52D?

Good morning, with a question ... do we know any official Chinese media coverage + images of the second Type 075's launch?

I found it at GlobatTimes but only with the first ship shown ...

Same way Russia bought from France the Mistral and yet many countries buy Mig29 and Su35 from Russia and not Rafale from France

this is not the reason, the main reason would simply be Russian ego
But you can't deny the fact that many people including Russian believe that the weapons from the west are better than those from Russia.
So, buying Mistral from France is acceptable for Russia and Russian weapon buyers.

But now, it is not easy for Russia to admit that Chinese weapons are also better than those of Russia.

Back
Top Bottom