What's new

Type 052D DDG revealed

It's shameful for Chinese to have imported turbines for its previous destroyer classes, but an object of pride, when the most advanced Indian destroyer uses Russian turbines, Israeli radars, Israeli electronics, and missiles propelled by Russian rockets?

If there were to be an international embargo on India like in the 1990s, the Indians will complain again about how their military is "not ready" just like in 1962. After all, who can be ready with ships that stall on seas, blind against air raids and fire missiles that explode in the silo?

India: We take pride in importing all major ship systems for our flagships because we, Indians enjoy losing wars to foreign colonialists and love to be shamed by our Eastern neighbor whose capital is on the opposite side of the continent.

Military history of modern India: Complaining about unfair war practices since 19th century. We can't fight British riflemen with elephants! We can't fight mechanized Chinese infantries with 19th century Indian riflemen!

China was world's largest importer of weapons till '07 and still the biggest thief !! PERIOD !!

You can never have enough. But as people say its limited to space on a warship. Cramming so much into ship to do everything from anti-satellite to missile defense to land attack to anti-ship to anti-submarine warfare, etc. Hence such rising costs. And I haven't got into installing rail gun and laser defense in the near future.

Your statement is not true.

I'm not sure about laser defense, but railgun technology won't be ready until 2035 at the earliest (see citation below).

----------

Here is an excerpt from my post last year:

3. Railgun - The U.S. railgun won't be ready until 2035. If China can't match U.S. railgun technology by 2035 then it is not worthy of being called a superpower. This is also a tie. China has at least 24 more years to catch the United States.

Railgun, Laser Weapon Lose Senate Funding, Face Uncertain Future | Fox News

"www.foxnews.com/.../railgun-laser-weapon-lose-senate-funding-fac...
Jun 20, 2011 – America's News HQ ... General Atomics tests the Blitzer railgun, a prototype weapon that fires slugs propelled by electromagnets ... But the project wouldn't have been completed until 2035 at the earliest, officials had said. ..."

You can never have enough. But as people say its limited to space on a warship. Cramming so much into ship to do everything from anti-satellite to missile defense to land attack to anti-ship to anti-submarine warfare, etc. Hence such rising costs. And I haven't got into installing rail gun and laser defense in the near future.

Of course the bigger the better is, but you have solved the problem of the ship propulsion first.

China was world's largest importer of weapons till '07 and still the biggest thief !! PERIOD !!
And what did we get by our so called indigenous development, when security of nation is concerned, think logically and rationally rather than taking it on ego and pride. One of the senior Air force officer asked DRDO to either copy, steal or do anything, just give AESA radar as soon as possible.

These type of arguments don't matter when you go on war with any country, deal with it and find the proper competitive answer.

India only builds a hull,and all the propulsion and electronic and weapon system are imported from the other countries,
If they can get the most advanced systems from USA,I admit it maybe better than 052D,
However they cannot make it。

Yup India should have copied systems from wherever it could steal it from and then incorporate that knowledge into its own idustry......Also, don;t forget China started much earlier developing it Weapons Armament industry

And what did we get by our so called indigenous development, when security of nation is concerned, think logically and rationally rather than taking it on ego and pride. One of the senior Air force officer asked DRDO to either copy, steal or do anything, just give AESA radar as soon as possible.

These type of arguments don't matter when you go on war with any country, deal with it and find the proper competitive answer.

Was that quote underneath your posts for me haha?

A Hypersonic Cruise Missile Brahmos or even a Klub with Terminal Phase Supersonic Warhead is enough to take on any Chinese ship.

A Salvo of Couple launched would be like Fire and Forget Missile. :lol:

Why are you trying to hijack General Patton's words? :lol:

Hypersonic missiles? The BrahMos doesn't even near that speed, and the "Klubs' you mentioned will only fall prey to the Type 730 CIWS and the FL-3000N, as well as the 200 km range HHQ-9, which is far more effective than the point defense missiles on the 15B. PLAN destroyers will possess first shoot advantage due to its YJ-62 missile, possessing a third more range than the BrahMos.

Jesus! 12,500 tons? Our Burkes are only 11,000 tons displacement. Whats its dimensions?
That's just obsurd. The first two Type 052C were only about 6500 tons in displacement. The improved 052C should be about 7000. I doubt the new 052D would exceed 8000 since all of them basically share the same hull. Also, the breakthrough in propulsion was the fact that China managed to produce the Ukranian designed GT25000 turbine domestically.

Was that quote underneath your posts for me haha?
Nope buddy, have you seen Matrix, when one agent dodges bullets,Trinity comes near him and shoots at point blank range after saying "Dodge this".

I'm not sure about laser defense, but railgun technology won't be ready until 2035 at the earliest (see citation below).

----------

3. Railgun - The U.S. railgun won't be ready until 2035. If China can't match U.S. railgun technology by 2035 then it is not worthy of being called a superpower. This is also a tie. China has at least 24 more years to catch the United States.

Jun 20, 2011 – America's News HQ ... General Atomics tests the Blitzer railgun, a prototype weapon that fires slugs propelled by electromagnets ... But the project wouldn't have been completed until 2035 at the earliest, officials had said. ..."

Like you stated funding is the only reason that China is even possibly able to close that gap in that alloted time frame. Stop being grandiose and delusional my friend. I dont mean that in a negative way, I think China if it can should try to be a superpower. The world wil benefit if there are more than one superpower as long as that superpower upholds certain principles which remain to be seen in China

Nope buddy, have you seen Matrix, when one agent dodges bullets,Trinity comes near him and shoots at point blank range after saying "Dodge this".

Haha....I have. I was a little delusional to think it may have something to do with me haha. Hey let me ask you can you view my upload tread about Assam and illegals having proper documents? I was wondering if there is a block on such particular news or entire sites?

k it may have something to do with me haha. Hey let me ask you can you view my upload tread about Assam and illegals having proper documents? I was wondering if there is a block on such particular news or entire sites?
Nope...but I will suggest not to upload anything about this topic, it has become very sensitive issue especially on forum world.:enjoy:

The main guns are totally different.:tup:

fz5T9.jpg

21051021a44849fl4kap9a.jpg

That's just obsurd. The first two Type 052C were only about 6500 tons in displacement. The improved 052C should be about 7000. I doubt the new 052D would exceed 8000 since all of them basically share the same hull. Also, the breakthrough in propulsion was the fact that China managed to produce the Ukranian designed GT25000 turbine domestically.

According to the HSH forum, the Type 052D is a bit larger than the Type 052C++, more room for the chopper.

So i do agree that 8000 tons is the max displacement for the Type 052D, and they were initially not satisfied with the performance GT25000, that's why the only two Type 052Cs were built, and the performance of the domestic propulsion should be more adequate.

----------

Actually it is true because we still be making Burkes for the next few decades so rail gun can be installed as well as laser defense system. Technology has progressed pretty fast pace.

Its better than distant future which I would say 2100 instead of 2035 which I deemed as near future.

As for laser defense...
U.S. Navy Laser Weapon Shoots Down Drone in Test. - YouTube

If they replace the cold launch rotary VLS type with Square box VLS, the missile capacity will increase greatly even with its the same shape and size.

052C is NOT rotatry launch. each missile can launch from every tube like the land based version. three is no rotatry mechanism in the middle.

1712020vls025.jpg

this is rotary launcher on 051C. you can see big revolver mechanism in middle and only one exit hatch..

86153276.jpg

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom