What's new

Two S-400 batteries and 240 warheads to cost Turkey $2.5bn

Russian solid rocketry is sub-par compared to NATO solid rockets.. So I doubt that very much..
For Turkey I don't think that the ROcket on himself is a problem for this def system..;but mostly the Radar and tracking part that are interesting for future domestic sys...

For Turkey I don't think that the ROcket on himself is a problem for this def system..;but mostly the Radar and tracking part that are interesting for future domestic sys...

I'd agree with you if CAFRAD wasn't being developed.. We are buying a system that is a decade old and will be replaced with S-500 in 3 years..

I'd agree with you if CAFRAD wasn't being developed.. We are buying a system that is a decade old and will be replaced with S-500 in 3 years..

So do you think we will make it operational with in 10 years? I doubt it, make it 15 years look how long meads is going on. S400 is perfect for us.

CAFRAD is naval based sys..that is under dev for for the future TF-2000.
as for a tracked Land based one... I don't remember that a sys equal to the S-400 is under dev right now in Turkey...
As for the S-500... nope , no one will get it in 3 years...bc even the RU will mostly not have it in that period of time. and RU always sell it with at least having the next gen sys in the pipe or around at least a decade old used...

In the ENd, the S-400 sys will be a fast solution for TR today needs. and IF possible a good sys to learn about ( radar/tracking/engine/fuel etc...) for the Hisar line...

Until National long altitude SAM called Hisar-U became operational, We need foreign systems to be deployed as soon as possible. At current geopolitic puzzle, It seems S-400 is the best source !
I thought the Hisar-U was cancelled?

In any case, $2.5 billion is really really expensive. Iran paid $1 billion for 4 S-300PMU2 battalions which share many components with the S-400.

I thought the Hisar-U was cancelled?

In any case, $2.5 billion is really really expensive. Iran paid $1 billion for 4 S-300PMU2 battalions which share many components with the S-400.
TR took 2 battalions + hundreds of missiles... for 2.5Bill... and you just comparing the s-300 with the S-400... Tell me you didn't...

included the insurance cost of the Russian fighter jet shot down by Turkey over Syria..?

TR took 2 battalions for 2.5Bill... and you just comparing the s-300 with the S-400... Tell me you didn't...

Sure I did.

I honestly think Turkey got a bad deal. Sometimes 4 90% solutions are better than 2 100% solutions.

The S-400 has in fact sometimes been designated the S-300PMU3. It is, after, all, based on the S-300 and shares some components.

Does anyone know if Turkey got the 400 km ranged 40N6 missile? AFAIK the export status of that missile is unclear.

Sure I did.

I honestly think Turkey got a bad deal. Sometimes 4 90% solutions are better than 2 100% solutions.

The S-400 has in fact sometimes been designated the S-300PMU3. It is, after, all, based on the S-300 and shares some components.

Does anyone know if Turkey got the 400 km ranged 40N6 missile? AFAIK the export status of that missile is unclear.
having it called s-300 pmu3,4 or 5 is meangless... when you want to compare both sys you have to see what evolved btw the two... As for s-300 and s-400... tbh you get the same" shape" but almost everything has evolved, whatever it's the command , the radar sys and missiles...

and Turkey will have the 40N6

TR took 2 battalions + hundreds of missiles... for 2.5Bill... and you just comparing the s-300 with the S-400... Tell me you didn't...
Absolutely. System consideres 3 type of radars and receivers. In addition There are a lot of types interceptors beginning 100 km range up 100 km altitude with 400km range.

So do you think we will make it operational with in 10 years? I doubt it, make it 15 years look how long meads is going on. S400 is perfect for us.

CAFRAD prototype will be rolled out soon..

CAFRAD is naval based sys..that is under dev for for the future TF-2000.
as for a tracked Land based one... I don't remember that a sys equal to the S-400 is under dev right now in Turkey...
As for the S-500... nope , no one will get it in 3 years...bc even the RU will mostly not have it in that period of time. and RU always sell it with at least having the next gen sys in the pipe or around at least a decade old used...

In the ENd, the S-400 sys will be a fast solution for TR today needs. and IF possible a good sys to learn about ( radar/tracking/engine/fuel etc...) for the Hisar line...

You do know that the radars that make up S-400 is used on Russian naval vessels..

having it called s-300 pmu3,4 or 5 is meangless... when you want to compare both sys you have to see what evolved btw the two... As for s-300 and s-400... tbh you get the same" shape" but almost everything has evolved, whatever it's the command , the radar sys and missiles...

and Turkey will have the 40N6

Almost every component on the S-400 is an evolution of S-300PMU2.

The S-400's 250 km 48N6E3 missile is an evolution of the S-300's 200 km 48N6E2.

The 91N6E Big Bird acquisition radar on the S-400 is an evolution of the S-300PMU2's 64N6E2 Big Bird.

In fact the 96L6E Acquisition radar Iran chose optionally in its S-300PMU2 is the exact same version that the S-400 has.

These are all facts.

Now, can I see a source that says Turkey got the 40N6.

Absolutely. System consideres 3 type of radars and receivers. In addition There are a lot of types interceptors beginning 100 km range up 100 km altitude with 400km range.
s 400 isnt anti balistic no way 100 km atitude

CAFRAD prototype will be rolled out soon..

You do know that the radars that make up S-400 is used on Russian naval vessels..
What is dev right now it's the naval based one. therefore the land one will come later on.
CAFRAD most optimistic final delivery will be around 6-7 years add few year for the land one and you get almost 9-10 years ( if everything go as planned)
Almost every component on the S-400 is an evolution of S-300PMU2.

The S-400's 250 km 48N6E3 missile is an evolution of the S-300's 200 km 48N6E2.

The 91N6E Big Bird acquisition radar on the S-400 is an evolution of the S-300PMU2's 64N6E2 Big Bird.

In fact the 96L6E Acquisition radar Iran chose optionally in its S-300PMU2 is the exact same version that the S-400 has.

These are all facts.

Now, can I see a source that says Turkey got the 40N6.

ANd? S-400 is an "evolution" of the S-300 and? in the End it's a better, more advanced version... THerefore the price will be different and higher... AND Better than the last s-300 version...
In Conclusion, s-400 better than s-300.

as for the 40N6... well why buying the s-400 then...

s 400 isnt anti balistic no way 100 km atitude
Ok. Do you have any offer?
S400 has been said that can intercept at 150km altitude.
This specification as same as SM3 that us never would sell to Turkey.
At that moment there is no other alternatives accept s400 system.
Of course if USA had have offered THAAD for 2 billion , we would think now:)
-----------------
https://www.quora.com/Why-Chinas-acquisition-of-6-S-400-SAM-systems-cost-less-than-Indias-5-S-400
Why China's acquisition of 6 S-400 SAM systems cost less than India's 5 S-400?

India's cost of acquisition of 5 S-400 systems is $5.83 billion while that of Chinese acquisition of 6 S-400 systems is only $3 billion. Why so much difference in pricing?!

Answer
Request
Follow31

S 400 SAM system has 4 missile variants.

1. 400 km (40N6 missile)
  2. 250 km (48N6 missile)
  3. 120 km (9M96E2 missile)
  4. 40 km (9M96E missile)
China not being a part of MTCR, China won't be able to get 40N6 missile. So they are buying 48N6 missiles.

Where as India is buying 40N6 missiles. So India will be paying more cost. And also transfer of technology is included.

Edit- India is buying 5 system and 6000 missiles. Nobody needs second thought to believe that missiles will have to be manufactured in India.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom