What's new

Turks, do most Muslims practice Islam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also of the conviction that radical kemalists tend to be negative towards ottoman and islam. I haven't met any kemalist who would disprove my conviction yet.

Then put the religion aside and tell me the reason why you find NATO terrible :)

Well its also their country, who will expel them ? also there isn't a stereotype for people, there is scumbags in every society.(though what I understand from your comments, you don't like them just because of their different views)

Not just different views, that's what they mean it. Mind you, I didn't make up. Read again PakistaniProud's post similarly. NATO have numerous times killing Muslims and bombing them in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Bosnia, Yugoslavia, whole Middle East, Russia, China, etc...today we are facing against NATO near the border. Just that Turkish feel proud of involving NATO which hurt Pakistan soldiers and people, they don't feel ashamed of their illegally activities. Is this joke ?

Maybe nuclear-armed Pakistan could help you to get rid of NATO slaves in order to save you brothers/sisters/children....

:smitten:

Yes My Lord ! We will change...and we will change these Turks too to impress your Holiness ! :no:

Have you EVER meet any Turkish ?? No? I appreciate your supports to Turkey and people.

Bro this raptor guy, I doubt he is even a Pakistani, on the net, anyone can say anything, this guy is from Canada, trying to troll you, regarding Turks some are religious and some are not, all are my brothers. :)

I undestand you are hardcore Pakistani, I am also Pakistani, so I reject your claims. I am not wasting time to make up anything, that's what I perceive from them, not one.

I am also of the conviction that radical kemalists tend to be negative towards ottoman and islam. I haven't met any kemalist who would disprove my conviction yet.

There is a difference between defending secularism and opposing Islam. I see secularism as an assurance for the minorities and non-believers, it is not an obstacle for practicing your religion like many of you thinks.

And i'm proud of our Ottoman past but unlike most of the people in Turkey i'm also aware that we're not living in middle ages anymore.

There is a difference between defending secularism and opposing Islam. I see secularism as an assurance for the minorities and non-believers, it is not an obstacle for practicing your religion like many of you thinks.

And i'm proud of our Ottoman past but unlike most of the people in Turkey i'm also aware that we're not living in middle ages anymore.

What! I thought we were still in the middle ages:eek:

Being respectful of the Ottoman and living in the middle ages are two different things. Kemalists are in my eyes like parasites who suck the country by using Mustafa Kemals name. That disgusts me above everything else.

What! I thought we were still in the middle ages:eek:

Being respectful of the Ottoman and living in the middle ages are two different things. Kemalists are in my eyes like parasites who suck the country by using Mustafa Kemals name. That disgusts me above everything else.

Apparently you are..

Thats what i was thinking about the radical islamists. 'sucking the country' by using Islam.

I'm objective againts Ottomans which means I'm fully accepting them as my ancestors with all their actions bad or good, but something similar to what you said is also applies to many(actually most) Islamists, they never accepts criticism on Ottomans nor believe somehow they could done some bad things too.

Not just different views, that's what they mean it. Mind you, I didn't make up. Read again PakistaniProud's post similarly. NATO have numerous times killing Muslims and bombing them in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Bosnia, Yugoslavia, whole Middle East, Russia, China, etc...today we are facing against NATO near the border. Just that Turkish feel proud of involving NATO which hurt Pakistan soldiers and people, they don't feel ashamed of their illegally activities. Is this joke ?

Maybe nuclear-armed Pakistan could help you to get rid of NATO slaves in order to save you brothers/sisters/children....

:smitten:

I'm sitting in 'the nuclear-armed' Pakistan right now and there is no 'Power'; thank God I remembered to plug the laptop in ! :P

The point is that every country has their own narrative of events and a world-view. Pakistan and Turkey may not be on the same page with respect to 'NATO and the United States' but Erdogan did support Pakistan's stance for an 'apology to be issued for the massacre at Salala' and that speaks volumes about 'their sincerity' !

P.S We might be a Nuclear Armed Country but we've got a long....long way to go before we can even think about making boastful claims to others.

Have you EVER meet any Turkish ?? No? I appreciate your supports to Turkey and people.

As it so happens I have. One of my relatives, on my Mothers side, went to Turkey for his Undergrad in Electrical Engineering and came back with not only 'the degree' but a 'wife'. Shes an absolutely wonderful person.

P.S Some in my family and friends have either holidayed in Turkey or stopped over at the place, for anywhere between a day to a couple of days, on their way to the Scandinavian countries or England. And they've got nothing but good things to say about the Land and the Turkish People. Heck my father got a discount at a shop in Istanbul when he told the guy on the counter where he was from ! :D

Apparently you are..

Thats what i was thinking about the radical islamists. 'sucking the country' by using Islam.

Have i called you a kemalist or a radical islamist?
After all i was right. Only a kemalist would accuse another person as a radical islamist. If there are people who sucked the country it is the kemalist not the so-called "islamists". And everyone is perfectly aware of this fact. And you are hereby ignored for acting like a clown.

With the everyone you mean AKP supporters ?

Anyway, as I said I don't care about the past since I didn't saw it, what concerns me is present and future and AKP sh.tting in it

Why the hate for Kemalists in Turkey? Mustafa Kemal was a great leader for Turkish nation. He converted Turkey into a secular, democratic and tolerant state. He cleansed religious bigotry in Turkey. He lead the Turkish war of independence from Greece and other Allied forces as well as the victory in Gallipoli.

But it seems that a divide in Turkey is growing. I have noticed a deep division between Islamist Turkish members and the more secular ones (they always tend to argue so much).

With the everyone you mean AKP supporters ?

Anyway, as I said I don't care about the past since I didn't saw it, what concerns me is present and future and AKP sh.tting in it

A person who doesn't care about the past, is an ignorant person who can't learn by his mistakes.

What's so special about Turkey if faith/Islam should have no importance in it? What did Turks and all the other ethnicities fight for in the independance war in Turkey?? For their ethnicity? NO

Only value which kept Turkey alive was Islam. Without Islam, none would want to defend their homeland, you wouldn't be able to convince Kurds or any other of the 100 different ethnicities in Turkey to defend Turkey against a "secular modern world". Why in the first step defend Turkey against secularism? If you already wanted it yourself?

Only factor which kept Turkey alive was Islam (and still is).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom