What's new

Turks, do most Muslims practice Islam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question wasn't how many Muslims there are in Turkey, but if people in Turkey practices Islam properly.

My answer would be, that it depends on the geographical location. The west part of Turkey is usually known as less religious part of Turkey, they are as well Muslims (vast majority) but Islam is not as influencial in their daily life as it is in the Anatolian or in east Turkey.

One thing is very difficult to measure, and that is "how religious" is a human. Answering this question is VERY difficult, also in an Islamic perspective. Since in Islam, we don't judge people, and we don't compare ourselves to anyones belief. You can't conclude if you are "more" Muslim or "more" religious than another man, even if he drinks alchohol and you don't. Doing this is a grave mistake (Islamic perspective).

So the best answer I can give you, is that Islam is more influencial in peoples daily life in the Anatolian part of Turkey and eastern part of Turkey than western part of Turkey.

The question wasn't how many Muslims there are in Turkey, but if people in Turkey practices Islam properly.

My answer would be, that it depends on the geographical location. The west part of Turkey is usually known as less religious part of Turkey, they are as well Muslims (vast majority) but Islam is not as influencial in their daily life as it is in the Anatolian or in east Turkey.

One thing is very difficult to measure, and that is "how religious" is a human. Answering this question is VERY difficult, also in an Islamic perspective. Since in Islam, we don't judge people, and we don't compare ourselves to anyones belief. You can't conclude if you are "more" Muslim or "more" religious than another man, even if he drinks alchohol and you don't. Doing this is a grave mistake (Islamic perspective).

So the best answer I can give you, is that Islam is more influencial in peoples daily life in the Anatolian part of Turkey and eastern part of Turkey than western part of Turkey.

It may sound silly forgive me.....but is it possible to divide Turkey- Western part (Liberal Kemalists) and Eastern part of Turkey. We respect Turkey but hate Kemalists/Ataturk and NATO terrorists. What I am suggesting is for the benefits of Turkey to divide groups. Western areas will belong to the West/EU, and Eastern areas belong to the Ottoman eras and Middle East including SCO membership.

Otherwise, Pakistan and Turkey relations doesn't work well long-terms due to the sensitive issue of NATO which attacked Pakistan.

It may sound silly forgive me.....but is it possible to divide Turkey- Western part (Liberal Kemalists) and Eastern part of Turkey. We respect Turkey but hate Kemalists/Ataturk and NATO terrorists. What I am suggesting is for the benefits of Turkey to divide groups. Western areas will belong to the West/EU, and Eastern areas belong to the Ottoman eras and Middle East including SCO membership.

Otherwise, Pakistan and Turkey relations doesn't work well long-terms due to the sensitive issue of NATO which attacked Pakistan.

benefits of a divided Turkiye? tell me you're joking please...

benefits of a divided Turkiye? tell me you're joking please...

my friend...sorry, I had not good impression on Turkey and their attitudes behaviors. Liberal Kemalists should be expelled by Turkey government. Not only this, I had Turkish friends too, they are nerds and arrogants.

Pakistan supports the territorial integrity of Turkey and the Sovereignty of the Turkish Republic, hence why we don't support 'a Kurdistan carved out of Turkey' ! And you're talking about division between 'Turks' and 'Turks' ?

P.S We don't hate 'Ataturk' or 'Kemalist' for we don't doubt his sincerity to his Nation, we just don't believe in 'Secularism' and we didn't support the abolition of the Caliphate; our stance has always been, on a societal level, that however decadent and corrupt the 'Ottoman Caliphate' had become it needed to be reformed for the better not scrapped altogether. On a State level we recognize Turkey's right to do whatever the heck they want to do with 'their' country. Period.

In today's world , Islam is the most "influential" religion on the planet. It "influences" its followers in every way--negative or positive. Almost WHOLE Muslim world is "practicing Muslims" in relation to other religions such as Christianity etc... See this result- picture of comprehensive Gallup Survey which determined the "religiosity" of different people. (See the Muslim world)

The "lowest" Islam scored are Iranians which are "average religious" people .... :lol:
Gallup%20map.png

Turkey is in "more religious" category.

This needs to be updated. KSA is now more on the "more" than "most" if you ask me.

my friend...sorry, I had not good impression on Turkey and their attitudes behaviors. Liberal Kemalists should be expelled by Turkey government. Not only this, I had Turkish friends too, they are nerds and arrogants.

To tell you the truth, the only Turkish guy I know was pretty arrogant as well. And I don't say 'arrogant' to anyone, this person would literally bash about Turkey in every conversation, once he brought up, ''Pakistan is better than Turkey, and the leader of the Muslim world you know'', in a start of a conversation. I was surprised, I responded with, ''What do you mean?". He said "Only country catching up is Iran, because they have nuclear weapons".

I was astonished on this conversation, and didn't know what to say. He literally didn't believe me when I told him that Pakistan HAD nukes since 1998, but then he started cursing Pakistan... weird guy..

But I have never based his attitude on the whole of Turkey at all, I continued to preach the 'Turkey Pakistan friendship' thing.

This was during my visit to Canada.

Mind telling me your story?

@PakistaniandProud

As you just said, you don't base your entire views of Turkey on that one incident, then I recommend that you delete your post.

Your hatred is not important, keep hating. But keep your BS ideas to yourself. If there is any difference between Turkey and other Muslim countries, it is just because of the secularism and Ataturk.

I really don't know what to say to this stupidity. Arrogance is the best attitude a person like you should expect from a Turk.

Like i give a fvck... most arrogant of Turks is higher than anything that can become of you and if you don't like us Turks you stay in the right side of the border. Don't come here, stay in wherever the fack you are.

Like we were going to expel our countrymen to please you.

^^^ Looks like some Pakistanis want to turn Turkey into another Pakistan :lol: . If at all , it should be Pakistan trying to become like turkey . The world will be a better place .

Just relax, ofcourse we don't want the division of Turkey. Istanbul for instance is a city in the western part of Turkey, but yet you can find any type of man there, since it is multicultural and multiethnical city. The last thing a Turkish citizen wish is another division of Turkey. "Vatan Bölünmez" (Our homeland is indivisible or our homeland can't be divided) it is perhaps one of the most used motto's in Turkey.

If you read clearly, I didn't say that all kemalists are arrogant or none-religious or weak in religion. But you could perhaps make a research or a pattern explaining that kemalists are usually putting religion on second or third priority in their lives since secularism and Ataturkism (kemalism) is the single most important value in their lives because to "him" they owe Turkey. (I am being objective here, it's not my personal thought, hence I am not a kemalist). But this topic can be discussed.

Today in Turkey more than half of the people prioriates ethnicity before religion. That's why it isn't possible to divide Turkey into "more religious part of Turkey", "less religious part of Turkey", "none religious part of Turkey".
It's not division we need brother, it's unity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom