What's new

Turkish Special Operations Forces

QUOTE="Neptune, post: 7521532, member: 144815"]Me with no military knowledge? :lol:

Üç buçuk yıllık eski bahriyeliyim. Sizin işiniz doğuda batırdığınız işlerde askere polise bok atmak. Teşkilat olarak jandarma TSK'ya bağlı olan bir kurum olsa da fiilen ve yasal olarak barış ve terorle mücadele zamanında iç işleri bakanına ve illerde ise valiye bağlıdır, ve vali onayı olmadan jandarma ne PKK'ya ne de dağdaki keçiye hiç bir şekilde operasyon yapamaz yasalar böyledir açın bakın. Bu yüzden boşuna denmiyor kolluk kuvvetlerinin eli kolu bağlı diye. 30 yıl içinde ne zaman TSK'ya yetki verildiğinde yüksek başarı sağlanmadı mı? Buna binaen de bakabileceğiniz çok kaynak var.

Daha fazla söze gerek yok.[/QUOTE]

My friend do not be offended I did not say you definitely do not possess the knowledge I said if you cannot understand what I am saying to you about operational responsibility then you do not possess the military knowledge.

And instead of answering my statements about why a governor is irrelevant to tactical mistakes, you answered with what looks like a long advertisement or propaganda speech.

All I want you to understand is that looking at the law and the goverment for the reason behind our soldiers dying in circumstances which they should never be in. Like using known ambush sites. By blaming politicians for this you are allowing the real men responsible to continue giving poor and inconsiderate orders. This is the real situation on the ground. Drop the newspapers, make some friends who are actually patrolling those roads. You will quickly learn how much high ranking commanders are hated by our field troops.

@-DENO- Do you know by any chance if the Turkish army has Kalekalip's .308 cal 7.62mm(Also known as KNT-308) sniper rifle in its inventory?

Kalekal%C4%B1p_KNT.jpg

AFAIK that's weapon Arsenal of ÖKK

Bordo Bereliler (Özel Kuvvetler) hakkında bilgi | Genel Kültür Sitesi

Special Forces Command | World Public Library - eBooks | Read eBooks online

Tabancalar
SIG P226
SIG P229
FN Five SeveN
Saldırı Tüfeği
M4A1
Heckler & Koch HK416
MKEK MPT
IMI Tavor TAR-21
Makinalı Tabanca
HK MP5
HK UMP
Keskin Nişancı Tüfeği
KNT-308
Gepard Anti-Material Rifle
Sako TRG
CheyTac Intervention
Dragunov (SVD)
M82A1 Barret 50.Cal Sniper Rifle
Accuracy International Arctic Warfare

----

List in English

SIG P226

Last edited:
@Hurshid Celebi forgive me, but It's full of shet. Most of the guns ın your list is not using by special forces. Also the wikipedia, anyone have no spesific knowledge about the guns can easily change the articles:

@BordoEnes KNT was tested in the army sniper school in Tuzla 5 or 6 years ago. -I had change to meet his designer who is very talent guy from N.Cyprus- But thats all TSK did not uy any pieces of them. Howewer It's pointles because we are already have some pretty good semi-auto marksman and bolt-action snipers in same caliber like M110SASS, HK G28, LMT 308 MWS, SR-25, JNG-90 SSG 08, SSG 69 and SSG 3000 et al....

This is the REAL infantry weapon inventroy of the TSK, shared by me on this topic couple pages before

Assault Rifles:
-MKEK & Kalekalıp MPT-76_____(Planned to be future standart service rifle, serial production started this year)
-HK G3A3/A4________________(Standart service rifle, produced under licance by MKEK. changing with MPT-76 rifles)
-HK-33E____________________(Using by mechanized infantry, army & gendarmerie commando brigades, paratroopers, marines, Gendarmerie SOF units and UN/KFOR and ISAF peace forces of the army, produced under licance by MKEK)
-HK G41A1__________________(Using by Gendarmerie in limited numbers)
-HK416A5____________________(Primary rifle of Army SF (maroon berets), Gendarmerie Counter-Terror Units (JÖAK) and Air Forces CSAR Troops)
-HK417A2____________________(Using by the Police SF (PÖH) and Gendarmerie Counter terror Units (JÖAK))
-Colt M16A1/A2_______________(Using by Police and Army commando units in limited numbers)
-Colt M4A1___________________(Using by Police SF (PÖH), Navy SF (SAT), EOD unit (SAS), Air Forces CSAR troops and Army SF members)
-IMI TAR-21 Tavor_____________(Using by Army SF (maroon berets) in limited numbers)
-IMI Galil MAR/SAR____________(Using by Army SF (Maroon berets), Gendarmerie SF (JÖH) and Police SF (PÖH) in limited numbers)
-AK-47/AK-M_________________(Mostly using by local villiage guards, gunners, Gendarmerie and Police forces and reserve troops. Most of them bought from ex-German inventory)
-FN FAL_____________________(Using by reserve troops, bought from ex-German inventory)
-SIG 516_____________________(Primary rifle of the Police SF (PÖH), prime minister and presidential guards (CAT))
-SIG 556_____________________(Using by the guards of Prime Minister)

Machine Guns:
-Rheinmetall MG3____________(Standart machine gun , produced by MKEK under licance)
-PK-M_____________________(Using by Army and Gendarmerie commandos , paratroopers and Gendarmerie SF units, mostly bought form Iraq, Romania and Bulgaria)
-Type 67___________________(Using by Gendarmerie and Police Forces, Chinese made PKM model)
-RPK______________________(Using by Gendarmerie Forcesi Villiage Guards and Police Forces)
-HK-23E___________________(Using by Gendarmerie Forces in limited numbers)
-HK MG-4__________________(Using By Air Force CSAR troops)
-FN MAG 58________________(Using by Rafael remote controlled weapon stations of Otokar Cobra and Akrep APCs belong to Police and Gendarmerie Forces, Also door gun of the Air Force AS532 Cougar helicopters)
-FN Minimi Mk 1/Mk 2_________(Using by Police SF (PÖH), Navy SF (SAT/SAS) and Army SF (Maroon berets))
-FN Minimi PARA____________(Using by Navy SF (SAT)
-FN Minimi 7.62______________(Using by Navy SF (SAT), EOD Unit (SAS) and marines)
-USO M60__________________(Using by Navy SF (SAT) and EOD unit (SAS), replacing by Minimi 7.62 models)

Sniper & Designated Marksman Rifles:
-SVD Dragunov______________(Standart marksman rifle, mostly bought form Iraq. Modified with bipods, new scopes and Thermal & IR scopes with rail attachments. Going to replace by MPT-76 DMR varians)
-PSL 54C___________________(Using by Police and Gendarmerie, bought from Romania)
-KAC M110 SASS____________(Using by Army SF units (Maroon Berets)
-KAC SR-25_________________(Using by Gendarmerie Counter-Terror units (JÖAK))
-LMT 308 MWS 20"___________(Using by Police SF (PÖH))
-ArmaLite M15A4(t)___________(Using by Gendarmerie Counter-Terror units (JÖAK))
-IMI Galatz__________________(Using by Gendarmerie Counter-Terror units (JÖAK) and Police SF (PÖH) in limited numbers)
-HK G28____________________(Using by Gendarmerie Counter-Terror units (JÖAK) and Air Forces CSAR troops)
-MKEK JNG-90_______________(Using by Gendarmerie troops)
-SIG sauer SSG 3000__________(Using by Navy SF (SAT) and Army SF (Maroon berets))
-Steyr SSG 69 PI______________(Using by Police SF (PÖH)
-Steyr SSG 08________________(Using by Police SF (PÖH)
-Accuracy L115A3 AWMF_________(Standart bolt-action sniper, Gendarmerie using .300 WM variant and army using .338 LM variant)
-Sako TRG-42__________________(Using by Army SF (Maroon Berets) and Gendarmerie Counter-Terror units (JÖAK))
-CheyTac M200 Intervention________(Using by Army SF (Maroon Berets) in limited numbers)
-Phoenix Robar RC-50____________(Using by Gendarmerie commandos, Gendarmerie SF (JÖH), Counter-Terror units (JÖAK) and army commandos)
-Barrett M82/M82A1_______________(Using by Navy SF (SAT), EOD unit (SAS), Police SF (PÖH) and EOD units of the Air Forces)
-Barrett M95_____________________(Using by Navy SF (SAT))

Shotguns:
-Sarsılmaz Cobra/Baba____________(Using by various unis of the Armed Forces and Police)
-ATA Arms______________________(Using by Army commando forces)
-USAS-12_______________________(Using by Police SF (PÖH) in limited numbers)
-Ithaca M37______________________(Using by Navy SF (SAT) and EOD Unit (SAS))
-Remington M870 Tactical__________(Using by Army SF (Maroon Berets)
-Benelli M4 Super 90_______________(Using on remote controlled EOD vehicles of the Army EOD units)

Submachine Guns:
-HK MP5 A2/A3/K/SD______________(Using by various units of the Armed Forces and Police, produced by MKEK under licance)
-FN P90_________________________(Using by Gendarmerie Counter-Terror Units (JÖAK) and Presidential Guards (CAT))
-IMI Uzi / Mini Uzi / Micro Uzi_________(Using by Army SF (Maroon Berets), Police SF (PÖH) and Presidential Guards (CAT))

Service Pistols:
-Colt M1911_____________________(Using by various units of Armed forces, being replaced by new models)
-Browning Hi-Power _______________(Using by various units of Armed forces and Police, being replaced by new models)
-CZ-75_________________________(Using by various units of Armed forces and Police, locally produced models)
-Beretta F92_____________________(Using by various units of Armed forces, Police and Gendarmerie, mostly locally produced models)
-SIG P226_______________________(Using by Navy SF (SAT) and EOD unit (SAS))
-SIG P229_______________________(Using by Army SF (Maroon berets) and presidential guards (CAT))
-Glock 17 / 19 gen 4_______________(Standard service pistol of the Army SF (Maroon Berets), Gendarmerie Counter-Terror Units (JÖAK) and limited using by Police SF (PÖH))
-HK USP________________________(Using by Army SF (Maroon Berets))
-FN Five SeveN___________________(Using by Army SF (Maronn Berets) in limited numbers)
-Canik TP-9/TP-9 SF______________(Using by Police forces and Navy units)

Grenade Launchers:
-MKEK 40mm grenade launcher_____(Using by all branches of Armed forces)
-MKEK T40_____________________(Using on HK G3A3/A4, HK-33 and MPT-76 assault rifles)
-HK 79_________________________(Using on some HK G3A3/A4 and HK G41A1 assault rifles)
-HK 69A1_______________________(Using by gendarmerie forces in limited numbers)
-M79___________________________(Using by Navy SF (SAT) and EOD Unit (SAS))
-M203__________________________(Using by various unist of Armed Forces and Police)
-HK AG36_______________________(Using by Army SF (Maroon Berets) and Air Forces CSAR troops on their HK416A5 assault rifles)

Heavy Machine Guns:
-Browning M2HB__________________(Using by All Branches of the Armed Forces, produced under licance by MKEK)
-Browning M1919A4/A6_____________(Using as coaxial machine gun on M60 and M48 tanks, also still using in some army stations)
-DShK___________________________(Using in some Gendarmerie and Police stations in limited numbers. captured from terrorists)
-KPVT___________________________(Using on BTR-60/80 APCs, also in some Army border stations in limited numbers captured from terrorists)

Automatic Grenade Launchers:
-Mark 19_________________________(Using by All Branches of the Armed Forces, produced under licance by MKEK)
-AGS-17_________________________(Using by Security Forces of Turkish Republic Of Northen Cyprus)

@Hurshid Celebi forgive me, but It's full of shet. Most of the guns ın your list is not using by special forces. Also the wikipedia, anyone have no spesific knowledge about the guns can easily change the articles:

@BordoEnes KNT was tested in the army sniper school in Tuzla 5 or 6 years ago. -I had change to meet his designer who is very talent guy from N.Cyprus- But thats all TSK did not uy any pieces of them. Howewer It's pointles because we are already have some pretty good semi-auto marksman and bolt-action snipers in same caliber like M110SASS, HK G28, LMT 308 MWS, SR-25, JNG-90 SSG 08, SSG 69 and SSG 3000 et al....

This is the REAL infantry weapon inventroy of the TSK, shared by me on this topic couple pages before

Thanks for the informative reply although my questions dont stop there. So as you may know Kalekalip also reveiled a Carbine and Submachine gun version of the MPT-76, is the army looking to buy and use these aswell? Thanks for the list aswell, ill be sure to archive it.
jaBjp1X.jpg

@-DENO- would you be so kind and edit the open sources ? I followed also your post on trmilitary and there you wrote KNT-378 was tested 2012 in FOCA.
TRMilitary - Savunma Sanayii Forum • Konuyu görüntüle - Kalekalıp 12.7 mm amr

Sarpshooter team of the JÖAK tested it independent from the Army in Foça Gendarmerie Commando school but I did not celarly remember It's date or year. 2012 was the year of the message I wrote in TRM...

@BordoEnes Most of the specilized units of the TSK and EGM are already changed their 5.56 rifle inventory with the new guns. Army SF (ÖKK-Maroon berets), CSAR Troops ofte AF and Gendarimerie Public Security Command (JÖAK) bought HK416A5 rifles for standart usage with the all of the electronic and optic stuff with them. For the SAT/SAS troops of the Navy, they bought new M4 variants with the RIS attachments, even the PÖH adopted SIG516 rifles.

Even the lastest rumors that I heard is JÖH will get HK416A5 rifles for their old MKEK HK33E variants in long term. So the potential users of the 5.56 version had already buy themselves new platforms. So I don't think that they could sell 5.56 verison (Not Carbine model of te 76, It's using entire different caliber) of the Army or Police troops in short term...

For the 9mm SMG, I had change to physically examine It (like the 5.56 model ;) ). It's not actually same as the rifle series, the position of the piston is entirely differet than rifles mechanism. Also It is not have front assist. I don't know but our guys are happy with their good-old MKEK MP5 models. Even some of the special units are modifiyng them with optical sights, tactical flashlights and rail attachments and using them with special sub-sonic ammuntion like SAT, JÖAK and PÖH....

@-DENO- seems you are full in "Juice":tup:

It is impossible to have the complete deep insight as you seem have. Not only ebooks public or wikis publish faulty Infos, also other Websites related for Special Forces
Red Berets from Turkey - Bordo Bereliler - special-ops.org | Elite magazine for elite warriors!

I would like to ask you two editional questions ?

Are SATs again active in AntiTerror warfare as a short time end of 90's beginning 21th century. Or was it only a gap filling solution cause we had that time too less ÖKK and JÖH ?

Are Special ammo deliveries without problems and stocks ok ?

The last question is important for me, cause I know that some "so called allies" in the near time
refused Turkish ammo orders "even" for Special Weapons of the Ministry of Interior

e.g. Lapua, CheyTac and MEN

@Hurshid Celebi Both SAT/SAS troops had operational east missions in periods. It's not because of filling the space of other units. More like increasing operational experiance of these units. Besides their numbers are not enough to fill the gap from ÖKK or JÖH if there is...

I do not know any problems about foreign ammo supplier. Even the Commando forces suppliying their 5.56 ammos from the HK because of the faults of MKEK ammo (They are trying to solve this problem). In the army, weapons designated as marksman rifle and bolt action snipers in .308 using Lapua made special ballistic ammunition too (like JNG90) . Not only special caliber weapons ....

Does anyone know the current state of the marines? Evidently TSK is 'modernising' its units, but i have not seen a single thing about them? @-DENO-

In the video segment below you can see Coast Guard Special Forces(SÖH) boarding a vessel during Black Sea Hawk 15 exercise.Apparently the unit was established in 2010 and is still enlarging its capabilities.

Unfortunately there are no clear photos of the unit.

Those "ParaCross" Competition where that ÖKK Personal take has taken part was against Trainees.

It´s funny that the Turkish Media always claims that they were the best while they only win against participants that are only complete their Training while them are already are completed a way to be an Officer.

So please don´t that funny sources here.

In the video segment below you can see Coast Guard Special Forces(SÖH) boarding a vessel during Black Sea Hawk 15 exercise.Apparently the unit was established in 2010 and is still enlarging its capabilities.

Unfortunately there are no clear photos of the unit.

So they change their name to SOH, before they were known as DAGOT(Denizde Arama Güvenlik ve Operasyon Timi). If you google that you will see some photos.

This SOH name is better than DAGOT and it also rhymes with other Turkish SF units. :)

JOH - Jandarma Ozel Harekat (Gendarmerie Special Forces)
POH - Polis Ozel Harekat (Police Special Forces)
SOH - Sahil Ozel Harekat (Coast Guard Special forces)

Back
Top Bottom