What's new

Turkish Sensor and Detector Programs

Image is taken from Aselsans CATS day camera at around 18,000ft. Notice bars on the left side, the camera was not utilising full magnification capability yet the image is detailed enough to pick out individual objects on the ground.
View attachment 629296
I was looking for this since 2018 but couldn’t find
The quality is impressive all I will say is thank you Canada for the embargo

I was looking for this since 2018 but couldn’t find
The quality is impressive all I will say is thank you Canada for the embargo

The only issue we are having is producing enough of them, that's it. I don't think people get the fact that Aselsan has its fingers in so many areas that they are struggling to keep up with not only Baykar and TUSAS but also the RCWS and various naval and land observation systems. At this point, I think Aselsan needs to settle down a bit - CATS is good enough, why push onto ASELFLIR-400?
Whereas Wescam and FLIR sole expertise is EO-IR imaging systems.

The only issue we are having is producing enough of them, that's it. I don't think people get the fact that Aselsan has its fingers in so many areas that they are struggling to keep up with not only Baykar and TUSAS but also the RCWS and various naval and land observation systems. At this point, I think Aselsan needs to settle down a bit - CATS is good enough, why push onto ASELFLIR-400?
Either there should be big state investment in doubling/tripling capacity for CATS production or CATS should be produced only for Akinci and Aksungur
Aselsan is expanding too I can’t remember the figures but they are planing to hire over 1K people just in this year
I expect that these issues with Canada will be resolved in near future I’m sure also bayraktar has stockpiled enough wescam cameras in summer 2019 when there were articles in western media that Turkey is buying a lot of equipment in anticipation for sanctions

the IR sensor of FLIRs are similar to IR missile ones, cooled type. That means longer range. The quality of IR sensor of those cameras is not at deserved level yet, so TSK preferred to use imported ones. if there is a real problem for import ASELSAN can provide its own products right away.

Last edited:

Problem was always about Infrared sensor, daylight sensor was always fine, it is probably Commercial Sony sensor like Everybody else. ASELSAN recently developed higher resolution infrared sensor. Thus Aselflir 400 and Cats+/ Dass.

Problem was always about Infrared sensor, daylight sensor was always fine, it is probably Commercial Sony sensor like Everybody else. ASELSAN recently developed higher resolution infrared sensor. Thus Aselflir 400 and Cats+/ Dass.

Why not establish a separate company for the continued development and production of the CATS. I mean BIOVENT was developed with Aselsans help, but the company was not expanding or selling their products very much until the damn covid-19 came. And still then Baykar, Aselsan etc. had to step in to kickstart mass production.

Of course I know you need customers before you can produce and sell, but that's what we have the damn government for. All state institutions must give priority to domestic products unless it's vital to buy from abroad.

Also you need to employ marketing managers the best in the world to find customers and sell the products. Turks have an expectation that customers should fall down to their lap from the sky.

Why not establish a separate company for the continued development and production of the CATS. I mean BIOVENT was developed with Aselsans help, but the company was not expanding or selling their products very much until the damn covid-19 came. And still then Baykar, Aselsan etc. had to step in to kickstart mass production.

Of course I know you need customers before you can produce and sell, but that's what we have the damn government for. All state institutions must give priority to domestic products unless it's vital to buy from abroad.

Also you need to employ marketing managers the best in the world to find customers and sell the products. Turks have an expectation that customers should fall down to their lap from the sky.

Flir (The Company)'s reveune is about similar to Aselsan's Revenue. So A smaller Company can't invest into this bussines alone. Aselsan is slowly turning into Siemens or Mitsubishi. They are gonna be in military industry, medical industry and heavy industries. Without such Strategic company Turkey can't be fully developed and Industrialized. They are gonna the big company behind Turkish Industry like these 2 Company is Backbone of German and Japan's Industry.

We’ll see MAR-D on Barbaros class frigate.

Specs:
  • Frekans : X band
  • Etkinlik Menzili : 100 km
  • Minimum menzil : 50 m
  • Yanca Kapsaması : 360º
  • İrtifa Kapsaması : -5º / +70º
  • Yükseliş takip doğruluğu (rms) : <0.6º
  • Dönme hızı (rpm) : 10-60
  • Güç tüketimi : <6 kW
  • Stabilizasyon : Elektronik
  • Ağırlık (Güverte üstü) : <350 kg
  • Takip kapasitesi : 200 hedef

We’ll see MAR-D on Barbaros class frigate.

Specs:
  • Frekans : X band
  • Etkinlik Menzili : 100 km
  • Minimum menzil : 50 m
  • Yanca Kapsaması : 360º
  • İrtifa Kapsaması : -5º / +70º
  • Yükseliş takip doğruluğu (rms) : <0.6º
  • Dönme hızı (rpm) : 10-60
  • Güç tüketimi : <6 kW
  • Stabilizasyon : Elektronik
  • Ağırlık (Güverte üstü) : <350 kg
  • Takip kapasitesi : 200 hedef
ESSMs will be connected with MAR-D then?Raytheon loves Türkiye.

Back
Top Bottom