What's new

Turkish Sensor and Detector Programs

ESSM was a Nato program and funded by 11 countries, every body have ther share in. Buying ESSM will never bea problem.

https://www.raytheon.com/au/capabilities/products/evolved-seasparrow-missile-essm

Who said Türkiye wouldnt be ablet to buy ESSM?
Radar is not automobile tire so you replace it with another one. In order to use ESSMs -Turkish Navy has -with another radar, Raytheon should provide services and suply new systems.
Unless Raytheon allows , you cant use them.
https://www.shephardmedia.com/news/naval-warfare/raytheon-provide-essm-services-several-internation/

https://www.navyrecognition.com/ind...tion-for-turkish-navy-s-meko-200-frigate.html

Last edited:
Aselsan has improved in making single CdZnTe Bulk Crystal and is making headway in developing LWIR MCT type detectors.
ff.jpg

LWIRMCTASELSAN.gif

Holographic Sight and 3x magnification by Fotoniks - I'm not sure how much of it is developed in-house by Fotoniks, but I do remember this company mainly license producing foreign Electro Optics

The Retinar FAR-AD Anti-Drone Radar System developed by Meteksan Defense is preparing to offer a groundbreaking solution in this area. Currently, with a 2D radar solution, it is able to detect people from 7 km and UAVs with an area of 100 square centimeters from 2.3 km.
Meteksan Defense Project Manager Gül Hocaoğlu announced that the next generation version of FAR-AD will be released towards the end of this summer. The radar system, whose antenna will become three-dimensional, will be able to perform a three-dimensional scan. With the developed antenna, the range of the system will also increase.
The system is also expected to provide altitude information.

rxXcWuow57_xOZA_pTQvKsRVz5R9hw0SOm8zTYRUzWV2h-G1aXuK8yLzqKBmwDG2fNgsyDgtReDIOlya9sN7rSbzOYEG3r0E42eU70r_O3fz9Om4fupylVyYKqh8969a7Ab95i_q

Design of the Atmaca E/O has changed considerably, previous design was developed with a foreign company could mean severed ties with that company.
upload_2020-6-7_7-17-16.png

upload_2020-6-7_7-24-8.png

None have these systems come even close to the thermal resolution of the WESCAM MX 15D used by the TB2. I was doing some research and tried to compare the system with our solutions, here's a list taken from an article in Straturka
  1. WESCAM MX-15D L3Harris Technologies www.l3harris.com
  2. ASELFLIR-300T Aselsan www.aselsan.com.tr
  3. DASS (ASELFLIR-400) under development by Aselsan www.aselsan.com.tr
  4. Aselsan CATS under development by Aselsan www.aselsan.com.tr
When comparing the thermal resolutions WESCAM seems to have a great advantage:

Wescam MX-15D : 1280x1024 (sensor 1b)
Aselflir 300 T : 1440x570

DASS : 1024x768
CATS : 640x512

Also the FOV looks lacking too:

Wescam MX-15D : 35.5° to 1.2°
Aselflir 300 T : 1.75° - 6.4° - 30°
DASS : 0.9°- 1.5° - 3° - 16°
CATS : 0.5°-0.9°-3.2°-30°

Am I reading this wrong? Or is the Wescam version just plain 2x better then our solutions.
Also why are we developing 3 systems that essentially do the same thing?

Can someone with better knowledge and understanding school me on this?

I am almost 8 years on this forum, this is the only forum i write. I don't have the time to write, because of defence interests i make time. I remember when i begun to read about it begin and compare it now. We grow really fast, look to this topic almost 10 years further. Wooow look to the program. Most are finished or evulated and changed because of problems. In the end if get finished. The West have 80 years of know how about sensor and we trying do it in 30 years. This is a big achievement, respect to our defence sector.

Another project for the coastguard...

None have these systems come even close to the thermal resolution of the WESCAM MX 15D used by the TB2. I was doing some research and tried to compare the system with our solutions, here's a list taken from an article in Straturka
  1. WESCAM MX-15D L3Harris Technologies www.l3harris.com
  2. ASELFLIR-300T Aselsan www.aselsan.com.tr
  3. DASS (ASELFLIR-400) under development by Aselsan www.aselsan.com.tr
  4. Aselsan CATS under development by Aselsan www.aselsan.com.tr
When comparing the thermal resolutions WESCAM seems to have a great advantage:

Wescam MX-15D : 1280x1024 (sensor 1b)
Aselflir 300 T : 1440x570

DASS : 1024x768
CATS : 640x512

Also the FOV looks lacking too:

Wescam MX-15D : 35.5° to 1.2°
Aselflir 300 T : 1.75° - 6.4° - 30°
DASS : 0.9°- 1.5° - 3° - 16°
CATS : 0.5°-0.9°-3.2°-30°

Am I reading this wrong? Or is the Wescam version just plain 2x better then our solutions.
Also why are we developing 3 systems that essentially do the same thing?

Can someone with better knowledge and understanding school me on this?
CATS still under development ?!! If it was a nuclear reactor won't take that much time.

Back
Top Bottom