What's new

Turkish Sensor and Detector Programs

81482EFA-46AF-47B0-A3FD-F8F28BE7AA1E.jpeg
615D830D-470E-4EE2-B0AA-BBF5E09C1DF6.jpeg
View attachment 640697 View attachment 640697 View attachment 640697

Regardless the their costs which seeker type is superioty. For instance if active radar seekers were cheap enough , there would be missiles with IIR seekers?

Regardless the their costs which seeker type is superioty. For instance if active radar seekers were cheap enough , there would be missiles with IIR seekers?

I think , there will be always need for all types. In short

in theory IR has better range than IIR , counter measures exist . its a choice of range vs target hit probability.
Radar seekers are obviously for the longer ranges but there are too many ways of counter measuring
its complex but IIR seekers are also less likely to be fooled

As far as I know, Production capacity of them are not revealed.
@mehmeTcc and I were talking about having some local production of micro processors so we’re not 100% dependant on imports, and this would at the same time allow us to further R&D in this field.

Perhaps this could be a step towards better domestic cellphones as well. Who knows. But first and foremost we need it for domestic defense sector.

If anyone has seen Battleship, the japanese had in the movie used buoy network to create some kind of a giant net to scan the seas.

Wouldn't it be awesome if we did something like that :) Buoy, Seagull, ANKA 24/7 scanning our seas and locating unwanted elements.

Back
Top Bottom