What's new

Turkish Sensor and Detector Programs

The giant early warning radar that will be equivalent of Israeli Ultra will also be unveiled in following years. Studies are proceeding.

View attachment 617586

Ohhh brooo you made us happy in these dark days. Show us more radars :)
Pros of all above mentioned radars are to be connected with SAM systems..

What is the little radar top of the eirs ?
I would write in Turkish because my knowledge and language and isnt enough to explain but
AFAIK: the big radar emits signals , signals hit the target then signals from target turn back. This process takes time. If the radar rotates faster, it can't catch reflected signals from long distance. Thus it might be additional radar to catch reflected signals in faster rotating speeds. Salladım hiç bi bilgim yok aslında:)

IFF antenna,

All radar signals travels with light speed and reflects from target with that speed. practically when you emit signal you get the reflected ones at the same time .
Why does range decrease when radar rotating faster? Rate of rotating effects on dedecting range? I really wonder no offense.

Why does range decrease when radar rotating faster? Rate of rotating effects on dedecting range? I really wonder no offense.
i am not expert but when you rotate radar slowly you will get more reflections so you can process more data then more range, that is the reason.

IFF antenna,

All radar signals travels with light speed and reflects from target with that speed. practically when you emit signal you get the reflected ones at the same time .

İsn't iff only work for idenitify the target friend or foe.

Fast rotating radar antenna means that the antenna stays on the target or a certain direction / angle for less time. Time = distance, which means shorter distance, but there are other factors that affect distance. It all depends on the design criteria and what you expect from the radar. Many factors are interconnected, and changes to these criteria affect another criterion positively or negatively. It's all about the compromises. In general, early warning and long range radars have slower rotating antennas and lower PRF (Pulse repetition frequency) (time = 1 / f); Therefore, low PRF means longer range, while less information updates. On the other hand, radar antennas of point defense and close air defense systems rotate at speeds up to 30 or 60 or even 90 rpm. In their case, it is a priority to update the information of the target and engagement area rather than detecting from a long distance, and accordingly, while the antennas rotate faster, their PRF is much higher and the range is shorter than long range radars.

Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg

What exactly does that last machine with the big blue, red and black gimbals do? It looks like the guidance section of a SOM missile at the center.

Here is Optomechatronic Laboratory..
Mechanical assembly, wiring, and other division study were performed under this laboratory. The names of the devices and systems in this section
as follows:
• Gimbal Balance Instruments Device
• Portable CMM
• Pure Air Generator and Gas Tank Filling Line

inn additional,
Hardware in the Loop Test System. The Hardware in The Loop Test System performs performance test of the developed seeker and its algorithm under real operational conditions.
System consists of these subsytems:
• 5 axes Flight Simulator
• Infrared Scene Generator
• Infrared Scene Projector

Last edited:
Simulation of the seeker, same concept is here at 18:31 min

Here is Optomechatronic Laboratory..
Mechanical assembly, wiring, and other division study were performed under this laboratory. The names of the devices and systems in this section
as follows:
• Gimbal Balance Instruments Device
• Portable CMM
• Pure Air Generator and Gas Tank Filling Line

inn additional,
Hardware in the Loop Test System. The Hardware in The Loop Test System performs performance test of the developed seeker and its algorithm under real operational conditions.
System consists of these subsytems:
• 5 axes Flight Simulator
• Infrared Scene Generator
• Infrared Scene Projector

Cool. Very interesting stuff. Thanks for all the info guys.

Back
Top Bottom