What's new

Turkish Sensor and Detector Programs

HavaSOJ
00EDABBD-15D3-4C68-B3B1-0DA0640C4094.jpeg

https://www.aselsan.com.tr/HAVASOJ_StandOff_Jammer_Aircraft_4832.pdf

Kalkan-II radar delivered !

View attachment 603187
Fabulous news. X band Radar with 120km range is ready.
we are looking forward to seeing Turkish SAM systems such as s350 or Barak 8.
IMG_20200216_111854.jpg

They have 360 degree visibility?
Kalkan style radars are usually rotating not fixed like in frigates.
220px-Instrumented_range.png

Edit: i think we all overlook the term of "instrumented range". I learned not long ago that rotating speed affects on range of radar.

For example, it reaches 120km range when it rotates 25 times per minutes.
But when it rotates faster its range reduces down but faster rotating gives more penetration and control on territory.

Last edited:
Fabulous news. X band Radar with 120km range is ready.
we are looking forward to seeing Turkish SAM systems such as s350 or Barak 8.
View attachment 606437

Kalkan style radars are usually rotating not fixed like in frigates.
220px-Instrumented_range.png

Edit: i think we all overlook the term of "instrumented range". I learned not long ago that rotating speed affects on range of radar.

For example, it reaches 120km range when it rotates 25 times per minutes.
But when it rotates faster its range reduces down but faster rotating gives more penetration and control on territory.
Does a steady radar have more range compared to rotation radar?

They have 360 degree visibility?
Judging from the hinges it can turn up down left right.

Range depends on beaming time.

Radar beams also need time to turn back to radar. If your reflected target were far from radar and your antenna rotated too fast , radar wouldn't be able simultaneously to catch reflected signals.
That's why fixed radars such as Turkish Cafrad use different frequencies and bands.

Portable long-distance early warning Radar system EIRS, which will be used for the detection of targets with lower radar cross-section from more distance, will be ready at the end of 2020. In the first stage, 4 systems will be delivered.

Cabatli what is the difference between cats and this one

400 has a great capability enhancement over CATS in hhe field of infrared technology. It is the first time domestic 1024x768 IR detectors were/will be used on a flirs compared to CATS with domestic 640x512 detector. Besides, Aselsan provide domestic SWIR detectors as option. If costumer wants MWIR + SWIR, The operators will switch on these detectors working on different wavelengths to improve situation awareness. SWIR detectors can provide imaging opportunity in foggy, misty, cloudy weather conditions and A few nation has this detectors.

upload_2020-2-26_10-13-49.jpeg

upload_2020-2-26_10-7-2.jpeg
upload_2020-2-26_10-7-41.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom