What's new

Turkish Sensor and Detector Programs

Last edited:
CAFRAD search radar will have 5,000 T/R Modules, more then current AEGIS radar
ELEC_AN-SPY-1_Variants_Operations_lg.jpg

Does that mean CAFRAD has a better range than SPY-1B/D or that it can engage and track more targets?

I don't think the range will be not the main purpose of the radar, Cok amacli faz dizili radar means target illumination radar. It works on X band and it will certainly track more targets and will be accurater then the spy. For range they will put a S band radar on the ship.

I don't think the range will be not the main purpose of the radar, Cok amacli faz dizili radar means target illumination radar. It works on X band and it will certainly track more targets and will be accurater then the spy. For range they will put a S band radar on the ship.

Easy comparison with Pixel resolution

Thanks for the explanation @Oublious

CAFRAD has x-band horizon/precision volume search and illumination radars and s-band long range search radar as part of it. They're all part of the CAFRAD complex. SPY-1 is only s-band and passive and generally much less capable than CAFRAD will be.

CAFRAD has x-band horizon/precision volume search and illumination radars and s-band long range search radar as part of it. They're all part of the CAFRAD complex. SPY-1 is only s-band and passive and generally much less capable than CAFRAD will be.

you are right.

http://www.aselsan.com.tr/en-us/press-room/Brochures/Radar-Systems/CAFRAD_ENG.pdf

Why do our navy want to buy SM-3 missile? We don't have the radar for long range, wtf? Go buy sm2 is enough for our TF2000.

Last edited:
Last edited:
you are right.

http://www.aselsan.com.tr/en-us/press-room/Brochures/Radar-Systems/CAFRAD_ENG.pdf

Why do our navy want to buy SM-3 missile? We don't have the radar for long range, wtf? Go buy sm2 is enough for our TF2000.
You will not get SM-3. Why Cafrad mast looks so strange, not typical radar mast looking.

The 'Aster Block 2' will play this function :

Continue... See all old links :

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/mbda...ollaboration-with-turkey.518152/#post-9868648

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom