What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Info
#FSA captured Tal Al-Hawa and Al-Rawdah from #ISIS/#Daesh militants #Syria
CrsRSEnWEAEn_xA.jpg:large

ISIS is not the main target for Turkish incursion into Syria. It is Kurd who are primary target. But additionally Turkey is arming and empowering FSA terrorist. That is very dangerous move Turkey made. If this continues Turkey essentially pitted itself against interest of Russia, US and Iran, not to mention Syria. Looks like Erdogan turned his back right after Russia helping Erdogan to recover from coup.

In USA, FSA is listed as a terror group?

It's funny how before 2011 Syrian Army ordered so many ATGM's knowing full well they could once day easily fall in the hands of regime opponents if an insurrection was to occur.
I don't think they actually knew ATGMs will be used against them. They are getting hurt themselves.

Wouldn't dozens of sniper teams positioned in regions about to be invaded by us help minimize risks and eliminate hostile atgm teams before fsa and our tanks start rolling in? Tanks are seriously sitting ducks, especially in regions that are not under full control. I don't even want to think about our tanks entering big urban areas like Al-Bab and Munbic. We shall nonetheless overcome this operation successfully too, wish all the best for our brothers.

Smoke screens are very good, not only can it disrupt laser beam riding missiles, thermal sights can see through it also. Damn shame Leopard 2NG was put on hold, modifications designed with ATGM and Urban warfare in mind.. :/

Smoke screens are very good, not only can it disrupt laser beam riding missiles, thermal sights can see through it also. Damn shame Leopard 2NG was put on hold, modifications designed with ATGM and Urban warfare in mind.. :/
It would be useless against TOWs though.....

Apparently Erdogan and Obama reached an understanding regarding Raqqa. My guess is YPG will made to stay away from Raqqa in favor of Turkey/US backed FSA. Will be interesting to see how the YPG will react. I can't wait to see the look on Salih Moslems fat, ugly and stupid face

We have those capabilities which are belong to protect our MBTs

Mars 5 to detect threats
MARS5.jpg

ACAR Ground Surveillance Radar to detect threats
acar1.png

Malazgirt Mini VTOL to detect threats
heli8-450x250.jpg

Mac Milan AMR in hand of SF
mcmillan-firearms-custom-collection.jpg

Korkut 35 mm against ATGMs and humans
ScreenShot11-05-14at0106PM_zpsd8316503.jpg

multispektral kamuflage against thermals and day/night optics
14054296_1415678028446518_3519921425564366202_o.jpg

But we dont use them on the battlefield ?!

maybe just on paper.. :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom