What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

We made some really good progress in Afrin today mashallah.

However, on the other hand:

The moment after they cross the border...

DWe2aJNW4AI9_s2.jpg

OB is advancing very fast today. Seems it was true that the operation was going slow on purpose and now they're rushing to capture as much as possible before Assad forces arrive in Afrin. Most likely it was a condition of Russia's support for OB that TSK/TFSA wouldn't attack Assad's forces, so what I think will happen is we will take the areas N, W and S of Afrin and YPG will be forced to surrender Afrin to Assad. Then I think in a week or two, FSA forces will re-deploy to relieve pressure on the upcoming Assad offensive in Ghouta.

Yeah as I expected they arrived without any interference. Their coming wont change the outcome as they would have no Russian air coverage but bombing them on the way was gonna give a clear message.

For those curious about the TV news that report Shia entrance to Afrin
Live, you can see airstrikes and shelling in live, 20-30 from the press group....
Enjoy the show... Live shellings

Here a shelling right now. Live screenshot.
upload_2018-2-20_15-40-33.png

THe journalist is criticizing Turkey right now... bc he says" Turkey a NATO member is bombarding a press group..."

Turkey vs Iranian backed militias.

Oh lawd, this is gonna be good. :pop:

Drone and artillery shelling is probably the first response, F-16s will follow.

Back
Top Bottom