What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Apparently we've started deploying tanks with APS. Does anyone have any idea if these are really APS or??? I've been looking around for APS units which look like these, but I haven't found anything.

Edit: I still don't know the name of the system we're using but someone on reddit pointed out that it blinds laser devices that are targeting the tank and it automatically moves the gun towards the source of the laser.

Edit number 2: They're just laser warning receivers. Sorry for about the inconvenience...

20180213_2_28680118_30722237_Web.jpg

Last edited:
Those are M60T Fırat with LWR and SARP not APS.

It is Soft-Kill 'Active Protection System'. Once Pulat is installed it would have both Soft-kill and Hard-kill capability.

0:46 you can almost identify their faces. What a great picture quality!!
it's normal under daylight conditions.
You have to remember that it is not a regular well funded army but militia forces. They are risking their lives so would be nice to see some respect at least no bashing towards them. Turkey provided them with what army thought is necessary ( firearms and some basic training) so please do not over judge them.
I need to bash them because everyone else is busy sucking their d.cks.
They could've surrounded that building and waited for somebody with a proper flashlight or an NVG to show up.
if nobody criticizes it nothing will change.
Cellphone light man? c'mon.

You can't respect someone who don't respect their own lives. Maybe they just want a quick way to heaven I don't know but that just seems silly to me.

It is Soft-Kill 'Active Protection System'. Once Pulat is installed it would have both Soft-kill and Hard-kill capability.
This would work on Javelin-like IR guided missiles, not cable guided Konkurs type ATGMs right?
So not a huge help at this point.

Last edited:
The order and law in the world is what the terrorism tries to destroy. In the ''order'' created by another terrorist organisation The PKK/YPG below, who is the civilian and terrorist by the law?

The terrorism is using civilian privileged rights to fool the civilians around the world. Here is some pictures of PKK-affiliated USA ally YPG/SDF in Syria:

Women...

Kids...

Another picture taken in Aleppo... a group of child ''soldiers'' of PKK-affiliated USA ally YPG/SDF terrorists:

A footage aired today shows PKK-affiliated USA ally YPG/SDF terrorists
abusing civilian privileges to cover their terrorism:

Last edited:
"Passive APS" meaning "Passive Active Protection System."

Just from the headline, you understand that this fella has no idea what's he talking about. :-)
what the heck is ''Passive Active Protection System''?
It is Passive or Active but never heard of Passive Active together.
Could you enlighten us please.

Its passive protection system, besically lunch smoke grenades to the direction of coming missile to block the view, and let the tank shoot the exact location of anti tank missile with 12.7mm or tank cannon

Back
Top Bottom