What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

His aggressive attitude in addition to his insults is simply not acceptable here. If he cannot behave properly he doesn't belong here. So far he acts like a slightly improved version of Hurşit.
However, if this is the way things are gonna be now around here, I am able to adapt myself to our new environment.

There won’t be any insult, inappropriate words, agressive or provocative behavior among Turkish members in this section. I won’t let that from any side. Quality discussions/respect among compatriots will be our priority. Let politicians eat eachother. Politic will certainly be kept out of threads excluding a few topic. Just report posts from any member. We are a big family looking for same purpose for our country.

If its seriously a permanent no fly zone, it has to be breached. Doesnt matter what are the consequences. This operations has to be completed, no excuses.
I agree with you here.
Russians have small contingent in Syria they are not in position to dictate rules. If they don’t it get come up with another offense in Idlib and use your artillery and mrls. Whatever they gained in Idlib must be reversed. That’s the only language they understand
Also let’s not forget, Putin has an election coming up and he wants to look as a winner and saviour. The Sochi conference was a total disaster, if all his gains will be reversed it will bruise his ego.

I agree with you here.
Russians have small contingent in Syria they are not in position to dictate rules. If they don’t it get come up with another offense in Idlib and use your artillery and mrls. Whatever they gained in Idlib must be reversed. That’s the only language they understand
Also let’s not forget, Putin has an election coming up and he wants to look as a winner and saviour. The Sochi conference was a total disaster, if all his gains will be reversed it will bruise his ego.

If this is the only language he understand, why do not stopp him? You know, the red line of USA is using of chemical weapons. Assad is still in power. To beat, Africans, Arabian or Afghanistan is one thing, to face an equivalent enemy another.

looks like same 107mm rockets captured from PKK in Hakkari.
1JVGn1.jpg

bBkLgY.jpg

EPryz9.jpg

They wouldnt do much and its not their fault. I dont doubt their bravery but conscripts get shitty training.
We've become very lax with our conscript training, that needs to change
I agree with you here.
I think TAF is getting ready to be involved in the civil war. Taking over a Syrian military base in Idlib points towards that will HTS and other rebel groups accept Turkish leadership? That's a big question. What happens if Russians decide to bomb our troops? the situation is getting very volatile. It's difficult to predict what'll happen next

We've become very lax with our conscript training, that needs to change
I think TAF is getting ready to be involved in the civil war. Taking over a Syrian military base in Idlib points towards that will HTS and other rebel groups accept Turkish leadership? That's a big question. What happens if Russians decide to bomb our troops? the situation is getting very volatile. It's difficult to predict what'll happen next

It doesnt even have to be entire army. They could have just kept some selected units always battle ready with handpicked conscripts. 2 to 3 divisions to support professionals would be more than enough.

looks like same 107mm rockets captured from PKK in Hakkari.
1JVGn1.jpg

bBkLgY.jpg

EPryz9.jpg
it' s not look like but it is...
Iranian 107mm rockets are found since 2012... in Syria... (btw violating in the mean time, the arm embargo...)
Didn't know they passed beyond Syria...

Buddy, red line was during ineffective Obama. Things changed. Erdogan also drew a red line-Euphrates. And since he couldn’t make up his mind, sdf crossed the river and took over manbij
Big Powers try to avoid conflict among themselves but have no problems smacking each other’s proxies. That’s how world works.
And yes Russia understands only strong language. There was a precedent- stopped violating Turkish airspace after Turks shutdown SU-24.

Please refrain to quote crap newspaper, and keep Leith Aboushit away from any "interesting" thread...

Best regards

ps: you article has nothing to do with this rocket... the toophan is an ATGM...
I agree that al-masdar news is utter garbage and isn't worthy of being discussed in this forum

Buddy, red line was during ineffective Obama. Things changed. Erdogan also drew a red line-Euphrates. And since he couldn’t make up his mind, sdf crossed the river and took over manbij
Big Powers try to avoid conflict among themselves but have no problems smacking each other’s proxies. That’s how world works.
And yes Russia understands only strong language. There was a precedent- stopped violating Turkish airspace after Turks shutdown SU-24.

So, USA is missing continuity in his foreign policy. The precedent was made by Turks as far as I know. Or was it a US pilot? Yes, Erdogan could not make up his mind in the past, but it seems he will try rectify his decision in the past right now.

So, USA is missing continuity in his foreign policy. The precedent was made by Turks as far as I know. Or was it a US pilot? Yes, Erdogan could not make up his mind in the past, but it seems he will try rectify his decision in the past right now.
US policy can afford to be fluid because presidents change. New president new policies.

That’s what I mean. No continuity. No reliability.

It is the other way around. Presidents change but American interests don’t change. In the US, generals have as much a say as presidents. There is a huge bureaucracy in the US that limits presidential power. And on top of that there is a divide between pentagon and cia policy. Presidents have influence on the policy of pentagon but not on the policy of the cia.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom