What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Havent been here for a few days, allah rahmet eylesin for our martyrs. Revenge will be taken for every şehit.

Afrin is not even that mountainous as some people think. Comparing heigh point in Afrin to some parts in south east Turkey or Iraq, the heights in Afrin is nothing. It is still good to take the strategic locations in Afrin so they can’t supply the fortified positions. Otherwise Afrin is going to be a meat grinder. They are coming with huge supplies of TOW’s. :/

But there is no ongoing op in that area... It seems The mountain areas are a priority for TSK, therefore the lack of op in Tel rifaat and South Afrin.
It's understandable, Since PKK/YPG are most effective in mountainous areas... and they can't let themself spread the front line even more.
Yeah i was wondering why they didnt do it before theres barely any action from ES area, the hilltops seem to be priority for now.

I expect this OP to continue for months.

If this operation is going to take months it will be a huge PR stunt for PKK. They will say they held back the Turkish army for months like Armenians did at Musa dağ during WW1.

Advantages of crushing PKK fast: destroying moral which means faster disintegration in Tal Abyad or Manbij,
The US and NATO will stop supporting them if they see they are no match for the Turkish army.

Disadvantages of crushing PKK fast:
High death toll.

There was a brief journalistic documentary about the terrorists who are coming to Afrin right now as part of reinforcement in German.
They don't have any clue about guerilla fighting or fighting a war in general. Many are just volunteers. Some of them didn't even visit the mandatory military crash courses offered by YPG to its new recruits. I wonder why. Maybe the US doesn't allow allow them to send the experienced fighters to Afrin due to the ongoing operation against İsis in Eastern Syria?

There was a brief journalistic documentary about the terrorists who are coming to Afrin right now as part of reinforcement in German.
They don't have any clue about guerilla fighting or fighting a war in general. Many are just volunteers. Some of them didn't even visit the mandatory military crash courses offered by YPG to its new recruits. I wonder why. Maybe the US doesn't allow allow them to send the experienced fighters to Afrin due to the ongoing operation against İsis in Eastern Syria?
Some reports claim, that a good chunk came as far as Iraq...
They are mostly like joining after " a call" of resistance or some sort...

And yes, it's possible the US didn't let the trained one going there...but I doubt they can stop them like that...

Gunships would come in handy to destroy the new rat wave.

Today there was not so many reports of avio bombardments in Afrin on lieveuamap. Anybody knows what is going on

You know how this looks to me ? It's like fanning a fire and putting some more woods to it, it'll burn bigger and brighter, but it'll eventually die out.

Striking fast isn't what we want, we want them to gather into the same hole. Now that the terrorists got something they want to fight for we'll see how well they last.

I know they are not trustworthy but didn't US say they would stop supporting Pkk if they transfer power to Afrin from other areas they held? What a dishonest and liar state is this? I'm sure North Korea is more honest than these A-maricons.

Last edited:
Disadvantages of crushing PKK fast:
High death toll.
I think the other way, Fast attack will reduce causality count, because this will not allow PKK to assemble themselves after they loose from one ground. In slow and careful way if you throw them out from one place and don't go after them in hot pursuit, the will get enough time to prepare for defense in next location.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom