What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

İ dont have any clue , why does Turkish Army refrain 20mm caliber?
Oerlikon İts not just for naval use, there is also a transfrable variant.
Image484.jpg
Maybe because of ZU 23 ?

You know everybody in Syria got Polish ZU 23.

Dense fog and rain in the area,the situation seems confused on the ground. The Syrians reportedly withdrew from positions won during the day..... I sincerely hope for the Turks,this is not a repeat of what we witnessed during the operation for Al-Bab.....

Dense fog and rain in the area,the situation seems confused on the ground. The Syrians reportedly withdrew from positions won during the day..... I sincerely hope for the Turks,this is not a repeat of what we witnessed during the operation for Al-Bab.....
I think the reason why the operation is going slow is exactly not to repeat Al-Bab, FSA captured a mountain yesterday and retreated the same day, today morning it was captured again.

We have time no need to rush and repeat mistakes in Euphrates Shield.

Ther are network of tunnel, until you find everyone the best thing is to leave.

Fog is prone to ambush... even more when the one being ambushed is a sitting duck...

Guerrilla warfare is well prepared and trained for such types of Ambush & Action... and it could lead to heavy casualities... if it's done rapidly...
Even more fatal, when your opponent know perfectly the area...
And even more deadly when it's a mountainous area... where movement of heavy equipement is impossible to use, to answer with fire...

We could see the consequence of such attack with ISIS and their fight inside Sand Storms in Irak and Syrian desert... the Opponent were destroyed in matter of hours... they couldn't move, neither or answer while being in their tanks/IFv etc... they were at their mercy...

Last edited:
I think the reason why the operation is going slow is exactly not to repeat Al-Bab, FSA captured a mountain yesterday and retreated the same day, today morning it was captured again.

We have time no need to rush and repeat mistakes in Euphrates Shield.

That's what I mentioned. Gains,retreat,recapture of the area,retreat to finally recapture the area. That's exactly what happened during Al-Bab operation. Correct me if I am wrong,but the Turks also operated totally without close air support,no helicopters deployed to support them etc. Not to add that the Syrian fighters alongside your troops were far from competent.

Honestly,I still lack infos this current operation,how and by how much the Turks are involved,but this seems like a repeat of the first operation. The TUrAF is very active in destroying YPG targets,however I still see a lack of air support to ground forces.

Again,I would like anyone to correct me if I am wrong,since I don't have all details.

Back
Top Bottom