What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

You don't understand. Turkey from the very start has kept reminding the world and especially USA that YPG cannot and must not exist west of Eurphrates river, that's exactly why the name of the operation is Euphrates Shield. The main aim is Manbij and Afrin, but first Turkey must demonstrate that ISIS is a terrorist group and also that Sultan Murad brigade and other Türkmen brigades within FSA are moderates and trustworthy allies that are capable of removing ISIS - and not only YPG can do that.

And foremost, USA has agreed several times officially that YPG will move - is moving - has moved - blablabla -> east of Manbij. In the upcomming days, especially after the Astana meeting, I think we will see more activity on YPG.
Well I think it's safe to say that the FSA has demonstrated that it's incompetent and nowhere near as formidable as ISIS.

I was referring to the Russians and Iranians you humanity-saving genius!

The Russians have delivered 100 tons of aid to Aleppo. They have sent mobile hospitals and doctors to Syria. For the past year they have been delivering food, blankets, medicine to civilians, they have also sent in sappers to defuse mines and IEDs. What has the west or Arabs done besides arming jihadists that in term just keeps the war going?

What about shia alawites etc leadership ? It's funny ...how a minority in Syria had been able to govern a Sunni majority country ...? Assad is the dog of France and England (where he was ...a dentist ???) ..how he came at the top of country ...just by apply a dictatorship with no population choice (of course yes he was elected with 99% when there was no one in front of them ironical democracy ) ...with divide Muslim by Sunni and Shiites they can rule the country like they (western countries) want ...
People was happy when Assad take alep ...of course if I put you in a box and hurt you you will prefer to be in jail instead of staying in a box of war in hell ...don't be stupid ...if they prefer Assad why people go in foreign countries ? Why are they staying in turkey ? Why people which have migrated don't go back home ? Reflexive you have to do ...Assad regime was a dictatorship and of course people prefer peace so prefer to be before war but lots of them prefer die stand up to be alive on knees ...that's the difference with donkey and horse ....horse is more capable to support charge because he is stronger but not easy trainable and donkey have to support the charge because of trainable ....

Learn proper English before debating. It's funny how so many bigots mention that Assad is an Alewite, why should that matter? No one seem to care that the Middle East is ruled by Sunni dictators. This is a reason why so many jihadists are fighting the Syrian army, it bothers them that a Sunni is not in charge.

Well I think it's safe to say that the FSA has demonstrated that it's incompetent and nowhere near as formidable as ISIS.
In Operation Euphrates shield Turkey backed FSA has captured 1,620 square kilometers mainly from ISIS. Population of Jarablus increased by 25000 currently exceeding 30000.

The casualties? Around 260 FSA militants died, and 42 Turkish soldiers lost their lives.
How many we killed? 1550 ISIS terrorists, 300 YPG terrorist.

That's not a bad K/D ratio. a K/D ratio of +6. That looks quite as a success to me if you ask me.

Turkish army is just steady, and trying to minimize the number of death. Don't only think of al-Bab operation, even if you only think of al-Bab operation, then I must tell you that Turkish army is treating it as its own soils, and executing 3T strategy to minimize the number of civilian deaths. And one must not forget that al-Bab is one of ISIS' most important HQ's. I'd rank it 3rd, right after ar-Raqqa.

Don't get deluded by small children in here who has no clue about military strategy, they are only whining due Erdogan. These children has not seen Turkey before Erdogan's rule, so they'll whine over anything, let alone ES operation.

2mg9ssg.jpg

Hawijah 450K city is larger than al bab. There's many large towns in the euphrates riverside under isis like al qaim and half of deir al zour.

Bab isn't one of their top cities, it comes def after mosul, raqqa, hawijah and al qaim

I'll only believe it when I see it, but I hope this is true.

It'll be so nice too see cooperation between Egypt and Syria again, just like how things were back in the 1960s and 70s. :P

This will never happen , Egypt if they consider fighting abroad it will be for water/nile or Libya .

Most Arabs anyway hate Egyptians and supported Terrorism in Sinai whether Hezbollah terrorists or Jihadi kingdom of Qatar .

Hawijah 450K city is larger than al bab. There's many large towns in the euphrates riverside under isis like al qaim and half of deir al zour.

Bab isn't one of their top cities, it comes def after mosul, raqqa, hawijah and al qaim
Al-Bab has received reinforcements numerous times. Many fighters went to Al-Bab and Raqqa before Mosul was besieged. ISIS retreated to Al-Bab and fortified their positions.

Right now SDF is walking through ISIS area north of Raqqa easy as ****, similar too ES in large parts of the liberated areas.

In Operation Euphrates shield Turkey backed FSA has captured 1,620 square kilometers mainly from ISIS. Population of Jarablus increased by 25000 currently exceeding 30000.

The casualties? Around 260 FSA militants died, and 42 Turkish soldiers lost their lives.
How many we killed? 1550 ISIS terrorists, 300 YPG terrorist.

That's not a bad K/D ratio. a K/D ratio of +6. That looks quite as a success to me if you ask me.

Turkish army is just steady, and trying to minimize the number of death. Don't only think of al-Bab operation, even if you only think of al-Bab operation, then I must tell you that Turkish army is treating it as its own soils, and executing 3T strategy to minimize the number of civilian deaths. And one must not forget that al-Bab is one of ISIS' most important HQ's. I'd rank it 3rd, right after ar-Raqqa.

Don't get deluded by small children in here who has no clue about military strategy, they are only whining due Erdogan. These children has not seen Turkey before Erdogan's rule, so they'll whine over anything, let alone ES operation.

2mg9ssg.jpg
Do you really believe these casualty figures?

The Turkish government has deliberately exaggerated enemy death tolls and undercounted its own death toll.

All countries in this godforsaken region do that.

Until now, ISIS has probably lost only 200 fighters in the Azaz-Jarabulus corridor. There's simply no way Turkey has killed 1000+ ISIS fighters in such a short space of time. These figures are meant for domestic consumption. They're meant to please the Turkish public.

As for the FSA, I stand by what I said. The FSA is incredibly incompetent and isn't capable of doing anything meaningful on the ground. If it weren't for Al-Qaeda fighters (i.e. Al-Nusra), the FSA wouldn't have achieved anything against the SAA since the start of the civil war.

A few weeks ago, the Turkish military launched numerous airstrikes and artillery strikes against YPG positions near Tell Rifaat, and yet the FSA ironically lost a few villages to the YPG during that operation.

Most of the Turkish-backed rebels are mercenaries who no longer know what the hell they're even fighting for. ISIS and the Kurds have one thing in common: they both strongly believe in what they're fighting for. The Kurds are fighting tooth and nail for statehood, while the ISIS militants strongly believe that they're fighting for their god. These are the 2 most dedicated militant groups in Syria and Iraq. The regime forces are largely demoralized, and the Turkish-backed FSA rebels in the Azaz-Jarabulus corridor don't know why they're even there in the first place.

This will never happen , Egypt if they consider fighting abroad it will be for water/nile or Libya .

Most Arabs anyway hate Egyptians and supported Terrorism in Sinai whether Hezbollah terrorists or Jihadi kingdom of Qatar .

Saudi and Qatar are terrorist states, Turkey should drop them both but they're stuck with the lunatic erdogan. There's a lot more benefits for Turkey to have better relations with neighbors Russia, iraq, iran and Syria as well as Egypt rather than the GCC who have messed up everywhere.

Only reason the US has kept quiet is cause Qatar is their regional airbase for the B-52 and B1's, Saudi showers them with dollars. Bahrain is their 5th fleet HQ, UAE is their airbase for F-15's and F-22's, Kuwait is their army/USMC regional base, all results of the 1991 gulf war which started GCC-American terror supporting adventures. God forbid if Clinton had won.

Last edited:

The Turkish government has deliberately exaggerated enemy death tolls and undercounted its own death toll.

Until now, ISIS has probably lost only 200 fighters in the Azaz-Jarabulus corridor. There's simply no way Turkey has killed 1000+ ISIS fighters in such a short space of time. These figures are meant for domestic consumption. They're meant to please the Turkish public.

As for the FSA, I stand by what I said. The FSA is incredibly incompetent and isn't capable of doing anything meaningful on the ground. If it weren't for Al-Qaeda fighters (i.e. Al-Nusra), the FSA wouldn't have achieved anything against the SAA since the start of the civil war.

A few weeks ago, the Turkish military launched numerous airstrikes and artillery strikes against YPG positions near Tell Rifaat, and yet the FSA ironically lost a few villages to the YPG during that operation.

Most of the Turkish-backed rebels are mercenaries who no longer know what the hell they're even fighting for. ISIS and the Kurds have one thing in common: they both strongly believe in what they're fighting for. The Kurds are fighting tooth and nail for statehood, while the ISIS militants strongly believe that they're fighting for their god. These are the 2 most dedicated militant groups in Syria and Iraq. The regime forces are largely demoralized, and the Turkish-backed FSA rebels in the Azaz-Jarabulus corridor don't know why they're even there in the first place.
We are living in the 21th century just tell me how Turkey can undercount deaths please explain it to us.

Try to research the number of shelled ISIS positions with T-155's and the number of airstrikes. I'm sorry to say but you seem too ignorant about the statistics.

Turkish backed FSA groups has already clashed many times with both ISIS and YPG. And the result is clear in the ES operation. Surely Turkey is supporting them, but if you ask me, both YPG and ISIS has much more supporters than the FSA units that only Turkey supports. I look at the results, and the map and numbers speaks for itself.

Saudi and Qatar are terrorist states, Turkey should drop them both but they're stuck with the lunatic erdogan. There's a lot more benefits for Turkey to have better relations with neighbors Russia, iraq, iran and Syria as well as Egypt rather than the GCC who have messed up everywhere.

Only reason the US has kept quiet is cause Qatar is their regional airbase for the B-52 and B1's, Saudi showers them with dollars. Bahrain is their 5th fleet HQ, UAE is their airbase for F-15's and F-22's, Kuwait is their army/USMC regional base, all results of the 1991 gulf war which started GCC-American terror supporting adventures. God forbid if Clinton had won.

Like iraq is a paradise, how many time did you use pkk for your own benefiths? Turkey have warned you 1000 time about pkk, but you didn´t do a shit like you are using them in sinjar. Your proxy millitia paradise, sending over whole muslim world for secterian war. If we have to drop that will be iraq believe me and iran:-).

Look to your own country first, what are american doing from the fall of saddam in iraq?

Funny to see how iraq is trying to full the gap of GCC.

Like iraq is a paradise, how many time did you use pkk for your own benefiths? T

Who said paradise here? When did we use the PKK? PKK experienced growth after 1991 gulf war which Turkey joined against iraq, the northern no fly zone which resulted in iraq's incapability to prevent the PKK from having freedom for operations, as a result Saddam gave legal permission for Turkish military operations to counter the PKK.

Turkey have warned you 1000 time about pkk, but you didn´t do a shit like you are using them in sinjar. Your proxy millitia paradise, sending over whole muslim world for secterian war. If we have to drop that will be iraq believe me and iran:-).
Why should they do anything when you support Barzani? it would be only logical if Baghdad starts arming the PKK, unlikely to happen but it would be logical to counter Turkey's support for Barzani.

Look to your own country first, what are american doing from the fall of saddam in iraq?

i said Syria, iran, iraq and Egypt > GCC, which is by far correct in Turkey's case.

I can understand benefits from Russia , but what can failed states like Syria and Iraq offer ?

Iran has always been an enemy/competitor of Turkey and they support PKK to weaken and partition Turkey in addition to support for Terrorist Groups like Isil , Hezbollah , PYD , PKK and secterian shia groups in Iraq who attached Turkish interests and kidnapped Turkish citizens in Iraq .

Lets not forget Iran support for Armenia against Turkey's closest ally Azerbijan .

Iran is the main sponsor of Terrorism in this region , maybe with Russian intervension in Syria this will be the start to ending Islamic Terrorism exported by Iran in the region .

Like iraq is a paradise, how many time did you use pkk for your own benefiths? Turkey have warned you 1000 time about pkk, but you didn´t do a shit like you are using them in sinjar. Your proxy millitia paradise, sending over whole muslim world for secterian war. If we have to drop that will be iraq believe me and iran:-).

This guy is completely funny , how can be compare 2 destroyed countries infested with terrorist organisations like Hezbollah , nusra , Isis , PKK and Hash al shabi be something useful for Turkey .

Syria Created PKK during the lebanese civil war .
Iraq government armed Isil to the teeth during Al-Maliki administrations through the fake " mosul withdrawal " .

I can understand benefits from Russia , but what can failed states like Syria and Iraq offer ?

Iran has always been an enemy/competitor of Turkey and they support PKK to weaken and partition Turkey in addition to support for Terrorist Groups like Isil , Hezbollah , PYD , PKK and secterian shia groups in Iraq who attached Turkish interests and kidnapped Turkish citizens in Iraq .

Lets not forget Iran support for Armenia against Turkey's closest ally Azerbijan .

Iran is the main sponsor of Terrorism in this region , maybe with Russian intervension in Syria this will be the start to ending Islamic Terrorism exported by Iran in the region .

Seems like Turkey is so interested in these failed states, as you can see Turkey's current policy resulted in massive failure in both Syria and Iraq with both states being hostile to them, what could that develop to?

This guy is completely funny , how can be compare 2 destroyed countries infested with terrorist organisations like Hezbollah , nusra , Isis , PKK and Hash al shabi be something useful for Turkey .

Syria Created PKK during the lebanese civil war .
Iraq government armed Isil to the teeth during Al-Maliki administrations through the fake " mosul withdrawal " .

At this point 'usefulness' is a luxury in this situation for Turkey, they're thinking of survival and security now given where things have been heading. You can call Iraq and Syria failed all you want but their armies are winning and Turkey's plan has failed in both these states, Barzanistan isn't doing well either whilst the PKK is growing. GCC doesn't border Syria, they won't be affected as much. You tell me what Turkey has achieved, a PKK with US support that controls a large part of their border, a hostile iraq (even iraq's Turkmens are against the Turkish gov) and bad relations with the US.

Back
Top Bottom