What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Seems like Turkey is so interested in these failed states, as you can see Turkey's current policy resulted in massive failure in both Syria and Iraq with both states being hostile to them, what could that develop to?

At this point 'usefulness' is a luxury in this situation for Turkey, they're thinking of survival and security now given where things have been heading. You can call Iraq and Syria failed all you want but their armies are winning and Turkey's plan has failed in both these states, Barzanistan isn't doing well either whilst the PKK is growing. GCC doesn't border Syria, they won't be affected as much. You tell me what Turkey has achieved, a PKK with US support that controls a large part of their border, a hostile iraq (even iraq's Turkmens are against the Turkish gov) and bad relations with the US.

What armies are you talking about ? Russia and American Air-Forces is what kept whats remaining of defunct Syrian state away from opposing forces .

As Russia cant handle war fees for an indefinite time and fight all the opposing forces thats why it accepted Turkey entering Syria and creating its own sphere of influence in Northern Aleppo . Russia is looking for an exit strategy in this War where it can retain its main interests in Syria at the minimum financial cost possible .

Both the Iraq and Syrian armies/militias are a complete failure and incompetent without American/Russian Air-cover . This can be seen in failure of Iraqi Army in mosul and Syrian Army around palmyra .

Turkey is simply negotiating with your masters , in the case of Syria its Russia . When it comes to Iraq maintaining good ties with KRJ is more than enough since they dominate northern Iraq which Turkey borders .

Dealing with the unreliable corrupted government in Baghdad will not help Turkey in any shape , they cant even control their militias .

This guy is completely funny , how can be compare 2 destroyed countries infested with terrorist organisations like Hezbollah , nusra , Isis , PKK and Hash al shabi be something useful for Turkey .

Syria Created PKK during the lebanese civil war .
Iraq government armed Isil to the teeth during Al-Maliki administrations through the fake " mosul withdrawal " .

The one that is funny are you, under the regime of saddam you had pkk in iraq. And wher did you read that i wrote pkk is usefull for Turkey? They are being usde by Iraq against isis, and before isis they are used by iraq:-).

@ULKU-1

Barzani is better option then the failed state of iraq. He have control over Krg and is not corrupt as the iraqi state. Before you talk about Barzani, we have asked your goverment to do against pkk. And quess what, you did nothing. We ask barzani he did what we asked:-). .

i said Syria, iran, iraq and Egypt > GCC, which is by far correct in Turkey's case.

Russia
The one that is funny are you, under the regime of saddam you had pkk in iraq. And wher did you read that i wrote pkk is usefull for Turkey? They are being usde by Iraq against isis, and before isis they are used by iraq:-).

@ULKU-1

Barzani is better option then the failed state of iraq. He have control over Krg and is not corrupt as the iraqi state. Before you talk about Barzani, we have asked your goverment to do against pkk. And quess what, you did nothing. We ask barzani he did what we asked:-). .

I am referring to the Iraq guy ULKU-1 not you , actually I agreed with what you told him .

Barzani is certainly a better option than the failed central government in Baghdad , atleast he has full control over his armed forces " peshmarja " while iraqi government has no control over different militias/mercenaries fighting under its name .

What armies are you talking about ? Russia and American Air-Forces is what kept whats remaining of defunct Syrian state away from opposing forces .

As Russia cant handle war fees for an indefinite time and fight all the opposing forces thats why it accepted Turkey entering Syria and creating its own sphere of influence in Northern Aleppo . Russia is looking for an exit strategy in this War where it can retain its main interests in Syria at the minimum financial cost possible .

Both the Iraq and Syrian armies/militias are a complete failure and incompetent without American/Russian Air-cover . This can be seen in failure of Iraqi Army in mosul and Syrian Army around palmyra .

Turkey is simply negotiating with your masters , in the case of Syria its Russia . When it comes to Iraq maintaining good ties with KRJ is more than enough since they dominate northern Iraq which Turkey borders .

Dealing with the unreliable corrupted government in Baghdad will not help Turkey in any shape , they cant even control their militias .

Problem is your post is full of opinions, your own opinions which are of no value. You say that iraq's gov can't control their forces, General townsend says they can, who would be a better source.

Lt. Gen. Townsend:

Before I got here, I read all kinds of things about the PMF, and I got here and I haven’t observed that behavior,” said Lt. Gen. Stephen Townsend, referring to the Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF), as the Hashd al-Shaabi are also known.

“We’re not having allegations of bad behavior or misconduct,” he added in an interview with The Daily Beast published Monday.

But Townsend said the Hashd al-Shaabi are disciplined and are following orders from Baghdad, which passed a law bringing the Shiite force under its control this month.

The US general said that, as a national force, the Hashd al-Shaabi could help make Iraq more secure as long as they are not influenced by Iran. The US government, Townsend said, “is going to try to shape” the law that legalized the Shiite force.

He praised their advances west of Mosul. “The PMF did advance more rapidly than we expected and they’ve done a good job,” Townsend said, referring to their campaign to cut off ISIS’ western escape and supply route to Syria via Tal Afar.

“The PMU are operating under the command and control of the government of Iraq, they’re executing the Iraqi plan, and they’ve blocked the egress routes from Mosul towards Syria and this is a good thing because it traps ISIL in Mosul,” he added.

Well Mosul is a big city and they've taken a large part of it and the surroundings whilst tiny Al Bab seems to be a challenge, no idea what you call failure.

Russia

I am referring to the Iraq guy ULKU-1 not you , actually I agreed with what you told him .

Barzani is certainly a better option than the failed central government in Baghdad , atleast he has full control over his armed forces " peshmarja " while iraqi government has no control over different militias/mercenaries fighting under its name .

oke:-)

Saudi and Qatar are terrorist states, Turkey should drop them both but they're stuck with the lunatic erdogan. There's a lot more benefits for Turkey to have better relations with neighbors Russia, iraq, iran and Syria as well as Egypt rather than the GCC who have messed up everywhere.

Let me tell you this , as long as your country is run by extremist Islamists like Aldawa islamic party you will never see stability or peace in Iraq . Once you clean your country from Islamist filth both Sunni and Shia then you might have a future that is if not Iraq gets divided by that time .

Problem is your post is full of opinions, your own opinions which are of no value. You say that iraq's gov can't control their forces, General townsend says they can, who would be a better source.

Lt. Gen. Townsend:

Before I got here, I read all kinds of things about the PMF, and I got here and I haven’t observed that behavior,” said Lt. Gen. Stephen Townsend, referring to the Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF), as the Hashd al-Shaabi are also known.

“We’re not having allegations of bad behavior or misconduct,” he added in an interview with The Daily Beast published Monday.

But Townsend said the Hashd al-Shaabi are disciplined and are following orders from Baghdad, which passed a law bringing the Shiite force under its control this month.

The US general said that, as a national force, the Hashd al-Shaabi could help make Iraq more secure as long as they are not influenced by Iran. The US government, Townsend said, “is going to try to shape” the law that legalized the Shiite force.

He praised their advances west of Mosul. “The PMF did advance more rapidly than we expected and they’ve done a good job,” Townsend said, referring to their campaign to cut off ISIS’ western escape and supply route to Syria via Tal Afar.

“The PMU are operating under the command and control of the government of Iraq, they’re executing the Iraqi plan, and they’ve blocked the egress routes from Mosul towards Syria and this is a good thing because it traps ISIL in Mosul,” he added.

Well Mosul is a big city and they've taken a large part of it and the surroundings whilst tiny Al Bab seems to be a challenge, no idea what you call failure.

Yes while Karbalah graveyards continue growing in size , lets see how long this failed mosul operation will continue .

Yes he did what you ask.. that's why the PKK is still there, cause he didn't do what you ask.

VERY LOGiCAL LOL

Yes while Karbalah graveyards continue growing in size , lets see how long this failed mosul operation will continue .

Priority is civilian safety not defeating isis in Mosul, this given that the millions of civs are still there in their homes. if capture was the priority they'd have succeeded by now, firepower is available but would result in civ casualties. Meanwhile tiny al Bab seems to be such a big deal for other forces, why not label that a failure? cuz you don't feel like it?

What a useless discussion again, bye

any idea why was this name "Euphrates" was chosen for this operation?

because of the mission, the mission was to stop the ypg from connection and let them stay east of euphrates river

Could you at least tell where to search :yahoo:
Syria live map is a good source

ISIS is heavily fortifying and sending reinforcements to AlBab. Seems like it's gonna take some time to eradicate the rats

Turk bayragi Al-Bab'in merkezine dikildigine dair sanli ordumuzdan o hayirli haber ne zaman gelecek beyler?!!!!

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom