What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

Well it's early to speculate but I don't think there was co-operation with china this time. I think we can expect something new and something probably bigger than Yıldırım I.

Maybe more tubes (6)?

Maybe more tubes (6)?

Difficult, but possible. it will probably a 600mm missile BMC recently developed a 8x8 heavy truck for these kind of tasks. It might come in handy.

Anyway, I don't expect anything more than 4 tubes for Yıldırım 2 launching vehicle

Yildirem-1 is B611

WS-1 is T-300 Kasırga

Yup, he obviously got hat wrong. Didn't wanna point it out :/

anyway. BMC's new truck can still carry multiple Yıldırım-2s unlike the TEL of the first missile. It can be like Russian S300s' TEL with 4 tubes :)

BTW,when will the HIMAD be finally decided?heard that years before

I have a question guys:
When will Turkey test Yıldırım III (900 km)? Does Turkey have to leave the missile non-proliferation treaty (for > 300 km missiles) to test Yıldırım III?

I have a question guys:
When will Turkey test Yıldırım III (900 km)? Does Turkey have to leave the missile non-proliferation treaty (for > 300 km missiles) to test Yıldırım III?

We did Tests in Sinop before and I think we already have 800-1000km missiles. Let me tell you the most secret thing in Turkish army is to get info on missiles because it's sensitive in world as well. We are working on 2500km missiles now.

Long range SOM cruise missile at 500km and naval version.

We did Tests in Sinop before and I think we already have 800-1000km missiles. Let me tell you the most secret thing in Turkish army is to get info on missiles because it's sensitive in world as well. We are working on 2500km missiles now.

Long range SOM cruise missile at 500km and naval version.
I was reading wikipedia:
J-600T Y
So do you have to abide missile non-proliferation treaty?

I was reading wikipedia:
J-600T Y
So do you have to abide missile non-proliferation treaty?

Non profileration treaty is that you can't cooperate on missiles over 300km and yes we abide but it doesn't stop yourself from making it. So we can do as much. I am waiting more for the longer range of SOM cruise missile. It's a candidate for JSF F-35 weapon which is not easy as it must be quality. That shows the quality.

Last update about international cooperation regarding Cirit.

Defence Turkey: Roketsan signed MoU with Eurocopter in 2011 IDEF fair for the integration of 2.75" Laser Guided Missile "Cirit" with EC 635 helicopter platforms. The firing tests of "Cirit" are planned to be realized in the South Africa with the participation of senior military officials from many countries in 2012. What is the current status of this MoU? Are there any studies being performed in order for "Cirit" to be used in other Eurocopter helicopter platforms such as Tiger? In which foreign markets do you plan to enter with "Cirit"?

Our first indigenous missile Cirit, which was developed by Roketsan, has many innovations compared to its other competitors in the market. In addition to its first launch for mass production in the market, it is the only missile that has 8 km range, multi-purpose warhead and insensitive munitions. Besides, since it was developed through local possibilities, it is not subject to certain international restrictive regulations such as ITAR and as a result it comes to the forefront in certain markets.

Within this context, not only the military authorities but also the platform (helicopter, Unmanned Aerial Vehicle, Land Vehicle, and etc.) manufacturers have interest on Cirit. As you also mention, the integration studies of Cirit with EC635 Platform are still underway. Unfortunately, the planned firing was delayed due to the administrative reasons arisen in Eurocopter. We will be realizing such firings at a later time. Besides, we have started negotiations for the integration with Eurocopter’s Tiger Platform with German MBDA Company. The negotiations are proceeding positively and I think we will give good news to you soon.
Defence Turkey

Yildirem-1 is B611

WS-1 is T-300 Kasırga

At present situation, What We called WS-1 isn't actually a Kasirga missile. The name of Kasirga commenced with Chines technology but Roketsan designed, developed new rockets under the name of Kasirga family in accordance with Turkey's equirements.

T-300 Kasirga family rockets (They effect 70m radius destruction on area rockets hitted)

TR-300S = 36-65km
TR-300E = 65-100km
TR-300G = 100+ guided

02t-300-lanceri-atis-esnasinda.jpg

New Launchers

03t-122-300-lancerine-ait-tr-300-podlari.jpg

Back
Top Bottom