What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

Omtas

omtas02-2.jpg

omtas01-2.jpg

Cabatli few questions:

1-This OMTAS thing will be Fire and Forget anti-tank MANPAD like Javelin right?
2-As far as i know in Fire and Forget market only US , Israel and Japanese present right?
3-If you know specifications can you tell me is it superior to US Javelin or Israel-Japanese variants?
4-Is there a project to make an anti-air MANPAD like stinger/igla ?

Yes it will be fire & forget, but heavier than Javelin (35kg compared to 22.3kg) and only mounted with almost twice the range.

"At-Unut ve At-Güncelle kullanım modlarına sahip OMTAS, hedef güncelleme yeteneğinin sunduğu esneklik ile sutre arkasından atış, sutre arkasında gizlenmiş hedeflere atış, hassas vuruş noktası ayarlayabilme ve vuruş etkinliği değerlendirme imkanı sağlamakta olup sabit ve hareketli hedeflere karşı kullanılabilmektedir." source (Roketsan website updated!)

There is another man portable project which I do not know will be equal to heavy Javelin or light FGM-172 SRAW.

Norwegian_javelin.jpg

The main drawback of javelin is its 22.3 kg total weight. Although I was surprised by javelin performance during my military service at "call of duty". You know it is not so heavy when you lift it by "F" key on your keyboard! ;)

The FGM-172 SRAW, also known as the Predator SRAW (Short-Range Assault Weapon), is lightweight (9.7 kg), but has a shorter range than the Javelin. (17 to 600 m). it has a significantly shorter minimum range, especially in direct attack mode where it can be fired window to window across a typical street.

The Predator is a fire-and-forget weapon utilizing a pre-launch system where the gunner tracks the target three seconds before launch and the internal system measures target speed and direction and is used in conjunction with known missile flight performance to predict where the target will be when the missile is in a position to intercept.

SRAW-MPV.jpg

fgm-172a.jpg

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/predator_kestrel/predator_kestrel2.html

Another advanced system is: MBT LAW Light Anti-Tank Weapon
MBT LAW Light Anti-Tank Weapon - Army Technology

For God's sake, don't compare OMTAS to Javelin, compare it to Kornet-E or Spike LR.

OMTAS is not shoulder monted. Wait KMTAS for that ;)

ssm.gov.tr/home/projects/Sayfalar/proje.aspx?projeID=39

Acquisition of anti-air warfare frigates that will provide survivability in the presence of aerial threat and also support mission functions such as command control and communication, reconnaissance, early warning, surface warfare, anti-submarine warfare and electronic warfare.

Feasibility studies has been completed. After the feasibility study is evaluated, building up a project model will be started.

Roketsan visited Chile and Brazil in May as I posted above, it will be very nice if we can negociate an integration of Cirit on Super Tucano :)

If I am not wrong, these photos come from an air show in Berlin, I didn't know that this chopper was for Kazakhstan, they bought EC635 ?

I read EC145 and EC425 but not EC635.

The government of Kazakhstan intends to order 20 multi-role Eurocopter EC725 helicopters - News - Russian Aviation - RUAVIATION.COM

Hmm i think i misunderstood the article.... :) I asumed these where kazachi because they actually signed an MoU To integrate Aselsan avionics on there Europcopters. Ofcourse i didnt remember exactly what chopper it would be used on, There names is so similair IMO... But its was a stupid mistake to assume these where Kazachi since Roketsan and Aselsan are different firms... :cheesy:

But this is even better news, If we got the attension of one of the worlds top notch helicopter firms, Then our industry is seriously getting international attention :D

How about the cep of j-600t series now?

The Chinese b-611 was 150m,any upgraded by turkey?

What about your "Yildirem-2" ? Any infos, like range, cep, or looking? Maybe like chinese WS-2?

1196961_061775.jpg

What about your "Yildirem-2" ? Any infos, like range, cep, or looking? Maybe like chinese WS-2?

Well it's early to speculate but I don't think there was co-operation with china this time. I think we can expect something new and something probably bigger than Yıldırım I.

Back
Top Bottom