What's new

Turkish Land Vehicle Programs

No you are wrong...

PV1 & PV2 are for acceptance tests... PV1 is for mobility and durability acceptance tests, PV2 is for firing acceptance tests... There will be 4 prototypes in total...

- MTR
- FTR
- PV1
- PV2

There is nothing like PV3 & PV4...

Mobility Test Rig,
Firepower Test Rig,
Prototype Vehicle 1 [PV1 for survivability tests],
Prototype Vehicle 2 [PV2 for Tank Fire Control System firing tests])

and one prototype which will be used to test it's survivability,without engine and FCS

2mkk1WO.jpg

What is that? My French is iffy and I don't want to spend an hour understanding what it means. Turc Turk mu? Were the French going to build a MBT for Turkey? A Leclerc with side skirts? Well give me Altay anytime. Named after my cousin:D But anyway, I'm very proud and glad that Turkey has pulled through, chose the hard thing to do, and now has a 99% indiginous tank. Let's export it to all of Central Asia and whoever else.

What is that? My French is iffy and I don't want to spend an hour understanding what it means. Turc Turk mu? Were the French going to build a MBT for Turkey? A Leclerc with side skirts? Well give me Altay anytime. Named after my cousin:D But anyway, I'm very proud and glad that Turkey has pulled through, chose the hard thing to do, and now has a 99% indiginous tank. Let's export it to all of Central Asia and whoever else.

Serously ? Before Turkey started to develop Altay Project they have tested Leclerc,Leo2A5,T-84 Oplot & Yatagan Protoype,C-1 Ariete and M1A2 Abrams.

They have selected Leo2A5 and to purchase over 1,000 Units. But Politics failed and Altay Project was Born.

Last edited:
Serously ? Before Turkey started to develop Altay Project they have tested Leclerc,Leo2A5,T-84 Oplot & Yatagan Protoype and M1A2 Abrams.

They have selected Leo2A5 and to purchase over 1,000 Units. But Politics failed and Altay Project was Born.
Thanks, haven't read up on the birth process of Altay. I know the specs etc., but didn't read it's hisitory. Well we still have a ton of 2a4's with many to be modernized. Guess the tank fleet is looking good either way.

BTW, will Altaycik have active protection systems? Or is that a later upgrade? Sagol.

@IR-TR

Later Upgrade , read the Thread from the beginning or watch on Altay MBT sticky Thread.

72690a3705a3a835a53c40fe89884634.jpg

Thanks. Damn Turkey is really going all out huh? I remember like it was yesterday. Dutch folks talking down Turkey sometimes. As if it was a third world sh!hole. Now we can insallah compete with Germany in the armaments sphere. KMW who? (Y) :D

Thanks. Damn Turkey is really going all out huh? I remember like it was yesterday. Dutch folks talking down Turkey sometimes. As if it was a third world sh!hole. Now we can insallah compete with Germany in the armaments sphere. KMW who? (Y) :D

Dutch folks tend to look down on practicly anyone that is non-western or from the east block. But out of experience, they are overal pretty nice decent and civilized people. Wish Turkish society would adept some elements from the Dutch, they arent half bad.

Dutch folks tend to look down on practicly anyone that is non-western or from the east block. But out of experience, they are overal pretty nice decent and civilized people. Wish Turkish society would adept some elements from the Dutch, they arent half bad.

Agree. Nice country and people. We have it good here.

Turkey is also upgrading its Leopard Tanks can any one share the details

Turkey is also upgrading its Leopard Tanks can any one share the details

Only one or two prototypes. Upgrade package is for sale by aselsan, but not for its own fleet. Afaik.

Only one or two prototypes. Upgrade package is for sale by aselsan, but not for its own fleet. Afaik.

Maybe he is not talking about LEOPARD 2NG.... Because ASELSAN also upgraded LEOPARD 1s... Such as Fire Control Systems... I don't know enough about the issue... Someone can give info about this subject...

Maybe he is not talking about LEOPARD 2NG.... Because ASELSAN also upgraded LEOPARD 1s... Such as Fire Control Systems... I don't know enough about the issue... Someone can give info about this subject...

Thats pretty much it. The Leopard1T project is essentialy an upgrade consisting entirely of the Volkan FCS.

Though the Firepower remains the same, its efficiency, reliability and accuracy have increased quite alot.

The Volkan FCS was further developed into the Volkan III which will be used on the Altay tank.

Back
Top Bottom