What's new

Turkish Industry, Science and Technology

Some pointers from this Interview

• - Lack of charging stations in Turkey (and other countries) made it clear to adopt a hybrid solution. .
  • - Hybrid solution will incorporate 100 KwH battery and a Range Extender Internal combustion engine to recharge batteries.
  • - Range 100km from battery to 1000km with it's Range Extender engine charging battery.
  • - No Transmission
  • - Work to develop autopilot features ongoing.
  • - 4 Prototypes currently built a fully electric saloon, fully electric with range extender saloon, fully electric with range extender hatchback and combustion engined saloon.
  • - Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt Oxide (LiNiMnCo) batteries developed by Tubitak MAM to be used, work on serial production of the battery packs ongoing
  • - Max Speed on current prototype 160km/h, serial production version to have 180kmh max speed. Future developments to increase speed to 220km/h
  • - Full road testing of vehicle and components in tough conditions to be completed by end of 2016.
  • - Multiple car manufacturers have expressed interest to start co-production of the vehicle, technical agreements on-going.
  • - Design of the vehicle will be completed by June 2017, launch of the vehicle will commence a year later in June 2018
  • - Serial Production expected to commence in 2019 and deliveries by end of 2019.

Hidromek is an extremely professional company with a large international dealers and service network. One of my favorite companies in Turkey + they offer a wide range of products!

These are the firms which create Turkey's competitiveness! I ♥ Hidromek!

Product Line
Hidromek product line consists of 22 different Construction Equipment that are used in variety of applications including loading, digging, breaking, demolition, excavation, material handling, ripping and grading. The model line-up consists of 3 models of Backhoe Loaders, 2 models of Wheeled Excavators, 5 models of Crawler Excavators and 6 different Special Application Excavators. Recently HIDROMEK has added a NEW Graders range to its product line up with 6 different models.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAi8AAAAJDA4MTQ2MWMxLWE1YmUtNDYzMi05N2IyLTc4YmRjNTdjMDQzMw.png

img

img

370LCHD5.jpg

bauma%202016%20hidromek%20HMK%20640%20WL.jpg

28371-8292364.jpg

cd1d9143.jpg

I highly recommend their website: http://www.hidromek.com.tr/en/

:) :tup:

Turkish Delight for Digger at Hidromek (Top blogs revisited)
Digger Blogger | 14:28, Mon January 03 2011

During last years holiday to Turkey I was very lucky to be invited for a VIP tour of the Hidromek backhoe loader and excavator manufacturing facility in Ankara.

We were staying in the resort town of Belek in the Antalya region and flew the 239 miles up to Ankara towards the end of our break, after over a week of lying and relaxing in the sun, it was great to get back into the machinery groove once more!

Our hosts for the day were Levent Karaagac (marketing manager) and Anil Bingol (export area manager) who gave us some background history on the company.

The Hidromek story is very similar to our own JCB's rise to fame from humble beginnings. The family owned company was founded in 1978 by Hasan Basri Bozkurt, as a small workshop for making hydraulic cylinders and backhoe attachments to fit farm tractors.

The company, which is still run today by Hasan and his two sons Ahmet and Mustafa, has experienced massive growth and is continuing to expand its range of products of backhoe loaders and hydraulic excavators.

In this photo we see one of Hidromek's very first premises with two examples of front end loaders which were fitted to farm tractors.

In 1986, the first Hidromek factory was built in Ankara and in 1989, the very first fully Turkish built backhoe loader was produced in the shape of this HMK80 model.

In 1990, the company started production of the HMK100 series, the 100 referring to the horsepower output on these machines. The following year Hidromek launched what they claim to be the world's first all wheel drive and all wheel steer backhoe loader the HMK100S.

In 1996, due to rapid expansion, a second factory was built in Ankara.

In 1998 the company obtained ISO9001 certification from TUV Nord GMBH. The following year saw the company launch an export programme, with first sales into Tunisia.

2002 saw the launch of the very popular HMK 220LC crawler excavator. This photo shows some of the latest models of this machine awaiting delivery in the yard.

Hidromek excavators now cover a wide range between 14-tons and 37-tons, with several attachment applications, also including specialized machines such as Material Handlers and Long Reach Excavators.

After extending the range massively, the company can now offer machines from 15-tons up to 37-tons. HMK220LC (22.3-tons), HMK300LC (30.5-tons) and HMK370LC (37.3-tons) are the Crawler Excavator models. HMK140W (15-tons) and HMK200W (21.6-tons) are the Wheeled Excavators.

Hidromek's production capacity reached to over 7.000 units of Backhoe Loaders and 3.000 units of Excavators per year. At this moment in time the company is exporting its backhoe loaders and excavators to more than 50 countries in 5 continents. Hidromek currently employs around 1000 members of staff at its four factories.

And so to the Ankara factory tour - first up was the backhoe loader manufacturing section and our guide for this was team leader Ibrahim Doganay, who was very keen to show us the impressive array of welding robots, of which there are currently 24 in operation.

It was great to see the stock of steel sheets of various thicknesses, steadily being cut and welded into the various components that are needed to build a backhoe loader.

Once completed, the individual components are taken to the assembly plants, one of which is based further down the road at Izmir.

At the excavator assembly factory, our guide was team leader Fatih Koreli, who explained to us Hidromeks' use of well proven Japanese components like the Isuzu engines, Kawasaki pumps and Kayaba hydraulic systems.

We were also treated to the first sight of the company's latest offering in the shape of a 14.5 ton tracked prototype machine which will be launched shortly. The machine can be seen in the background here while Fatih was showing us some of the trim from the new "Concept" cabs.

I was then invited to take the controls of a HMK370LC 37 ton machine in the demonstration area behind the factory. Unfortunately I was not able to put it to work fully as the team leader insisted on standing on the side of the cab while I was using it so I had to be careful that he wasn't thrown about!

I must say I was delighted with the feel of this machine and for its size it was very quick and responsive, and as you would expect with the Japanese hydraulics, plenty of power in the dig. This particular HMK370LC was the first model of this size off the production line and is currently being kept for demonstration purposes.

We were then treated to a visit to Hidromek's own research and development and engineering/design departments, part of the business that Mr Bozkurt is very proud of and encourages the young team in every aspect of their work.

We were given some presentations of the work they undertake for example stress testing of all vital components including booms, chassis, and cab strength.

The work of the engineering/design department was rewarded in 2008 when the Maestro Series backhoe loader cabin was awarded the Superior Design Award from Design Turkey.

Sadly by this time our visit was coming to an end and it was soon time to head back to the airport for the flight back to the resort.

I would like to thank everyone at Hidromek for giving us such wonderful hospitality during our trip and for organising everything for us in such a professional manner.

On a different note I would also like to thank the General Manager, Erhan Koca and Host, Rida Tounsi and all the wonderful staff at the Club Hotel Riu Kaya for giving us one of the best holidays ever! I can highly recommend this hotel for couples and families alike and can assure you will not be disappointed.

http://www.theconstructionindex.co....ht-for-digger-at-hidromek-top-blogs-revisited

Any source?
Türkiye'nin ilk Siber Füzyon Merkezi açıldı

(Savunma Teknolojileri Mühendislik ve Ticaret AŞ) STM's cyber fusion center in Ankara, opened with a ceremony.

"Fusion Center is a critical node in the collection and processing of intelligence from various sources. The actual operations of these centers are somewhat cloaked in secrecy. For that reason, fusion centers are somewhat controversial and mysterious. A fusion center is a physical location for interagency collaboration and intelligence synthesis based on disparate pieces of information obtained by one of the numerous agencies participating in the center. A limited number of countries in the world, knowningly have fusion centers''

Last edited:
"Nobel laureate Sancar readies new cancer treatment map

Sancar touts his 'Piri Reis map,' referring to the Ottoman cartographer, but this genome repair map could help treat cancer

thumbs_b_c_0b2f90df2c2f03b956a307d8d241643e.jpg

Professor Aziz Sancar said his new research has developed a map to repair the entire human genome, a technique which can be used to treat cancer.

Sancar spoke to Anadolu Agency during his visit to Ankara on Wednesday, where he visited several universities, and will deliver his Nobel medal to the Museum of Anitkabir, Ataturk’s mausoleum, on Thursday, Turkey’s Ataturk, Youth, and Sports Day.

The biochemist said he is working on a new paper to lay out his research and help scientists locate and repair DNA damage caused by UV radiation and chemotherapy.

"I call this my Piri Reis map," Sancar said, referring to the 16th century groundbreaking map by an Ottoman cartographer. "This study is the most satisfying one for me over the last 10 years."

Sancar said he has been working on the research since May 2015, where he and colleagues at the University of North Carolina developed the genome map.

"We hope this study can pave the way for a new treatment in cancer," Sancar said. "This is the most detailed human genome map right now. I hope it can show us new horizons."

The study marks the first time ever that scientists have been able to map how to repair DNA damage in the entire human genome.

Sancar said explained, "We can develop the map in normal cells and in carcinogenic cells, and we can tell and show this in any spot on the genome and how it is repaired."

The Turkish-born scientist told Anadolu Agency that publication of the research is imminent, “within two weeks.”

With the study, Sancar and his team discovered how the process of purifying enzymes happens in DNA damaged by UV irradiation and by chemotherapeutic drugs such as cisplatin and oxaliplatin, which are used to treat cancer.

Sancar said he carries his "Piri Reis Map" in his wallet, next to pictures of his wife and daughter.

Originally from the southeastern Mardin province, Sancar was awarded the Nobel Prize in chemistry for his work in mapping cells that repaired ultraviolet damage to DNA."
Anadolu Agency

Back
Top Bottom