What's new

Turkish court rule supporting returning Hagia Sophia museum again Mosques .

Funny how every one high on Western propaganda keeps whining about a statue while conveniently ignoring all the death and destruction caused in that country by first the Russians, then by the Americans.

You think that everyone should subscribe to your pack of lies just because you people have accumulated a lot of material wealth(by plundering other regions). Not a long time ago, 150 children in Afghanistan were killed by single US airstrike; I bet you wouldn't have even heard about it. Perhaps they weren't as important as statues.

You people have no leg to stand on when you talk about these issues.
The West didn't get rich by looting others but by innovation and the industrial revolution.

Colonialism is not fiction, it is a fact. A well documented historical fact.
It is, no argument there but it's not the primordial factor that drove the West to get rich and prosperous, those were innovation, industrial revolution and rule of law which allowed industries and entrepreneurs to thrive.

I can recommend *Why the West rules....for now * by Ian Morris if you're interested in this topic

It is, no argument there but it's not the primordial factor that drove the West to get rich and prosperous, those were innovation, industrial revolution and rule of law which allowed industries and entrepreneurs to thrive.
Yes they were also the factors.

The mosque will continue to live just as it lived for 500 years, preserving its origin. This mosque was repeatedly renovated during the Ottoman period, and once almost completly rebuilt including the main dome.

In Turkey and in Cyprus there are many mosques in this attribute. Tourists can visit these structures. They just need to be quiet during prayer times.
The mosaics were covered during the mosque period for centuries and got uncovered only in recent renovations.

Honestly the decision is political since there is absolutely no need for another mosque in the area.
Erdogan once again does what he is good at doing, fueling the division in the country.

Yes they were also the factors.
Not the main ones

Spain, Portugal, the Ottoman Empire also had vast territories that they looted but they were broke, poor countries at the beginning/ middle of the 20th century.

Germany was not a big colonial power.

The West didn't get rich by looting others but by innovation and the industrial revolution.

I can call bullshit on that one. Looting and taking wealth resources is what fuelled the industrial revolution.

Also various other factors like the Protestant Work Ethic. Hence why Protestant countries are richer while Orthodox and Catholic countries are pretty much poor except for France. France seems to be the unique one here.

I can call bullshit on that one. Looting and taking wealth resources is what fuelled the industrial revolution.

Also various other factors like the Protestant Work Ethic. Hence why Protestant countries are richer while Orthodox and Catholic countries are pretty much poor.
You can call BS or you can research it starting with the book I mentioned above.

How did the Industrial revolution happened?? It did not happen from hard work.

Stop lying to yourselves.
I am not Western European so I'm not defending my people but just historical truth

The US barely had any colonies but they were allready an industrial powerhouse by the end of the 19th century, surpassing Britain by WW1.

The US is pretty much an empire, in the sense that they had a dramatic territorial expansion in the first 100 years of its existence. It started out as 13 colonies and quickly engulfed everything up to the pacific coast. That's also conquest.

And yeah, colonialism and modern imperialism played an important role in the development of the industrial revolution. Cheap resources extracted from the colonies were transformed into goods en masse back home, only to sell them again to their colonies. Most of the historical buildings in Amsterdam for example, were financed with colonial money.

Did you ever consider that the west caused chaos, wars in the middle east causing brain drain. The educated class in the middle east migrated to the west and started contributing to the west.

Steve Jobs the Syrian Arab is an example of that. There are thousands of examples. The west not only turned the middle east into an unsuitable environment for industrial progress, they killed off the scientists in several fields to prevent advancement.

You can present a million indigenous problems of our culture and society, but that does not erase what the west did. Indians didn't come to **** up Britain, the Brits came to India and fucked them up. Same applies to nearly the entire middle east, and that role was taken over by Americans after WW2.. and it still has not ended.

Back
Top Bottom