What's new

Hagia Sophia: from Museum to Mosque - Have Muslims Won?

Naheed Janjua

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Dr Moeed explains how the Hagia Mosque was converted into a museum by Kemal Attaturk from a position of strength and not weakness. Why Western countries took a different stance on Hagia Sophia versus the Babri Mosque in India. What does this mean for current Turkey and Greece relations.

if only the mosque is used as such... if they will keep the museum aspect of it open... expect more women in burqa going commando for what they call "rebel modelling"

( before @ me look it up,.... playboy model flashed her genitals in the mosque for photographs... same shit happening in that huge palace of a mosque in dubai....)

The museum was not generating enough revenue due to Covid 19 so it has been converted to Mosque however visitors can now visit for free

Seems like Turkey has generously opened the gates to the Mosque for free to visitors great gesture

It appears the situation is misunderstood by media

Polish_20200713_000909160.jpg
Polish_20200713_000931984.jpg

Ataturk must be rolling and howling in his grave.

Some of that might be due to azab al qabr. Maybe.

To allay his sadness Brussels banned hijab in public places. Following his legacy.

I don't think this is about winning or losing.

It's the restoration of the justice for the Ayasofya was purchased by Fatih Sultan Mehmet Han (RA) after the Conquest of Constantinople. He bought it with his own money and then made a Vakf out of it. And, then he dedicated to the Ummmet-i Muslimin...

It's a first step toward the Final Victory...

The like of MBS/MBZ/Sisi etc. and their cohorts are protesting this decision for a reason...

I have visited the Hagia Sophia thrice and each time marveled at its magnificence. The church built by the emperor Justinian was completed in 537 AD and for almost one thousand years (until the Basilica of Rome was completed in 1506) Hagia Sophia was the greatest church in the Christendom.

I have great respect for the great warrior of Islam Mehmet the Conqueror. What he did was in line with the custom of the time. He was however a mortal man and hence likely to occasional err as well. Purchased or not (who can deny a victorious sovereign?), converting a Church into a Mosque, in my opinion, was wrong. By the way, I think that had Bayezid Yildrim not been eliminated by Amir Taimur, he would probably have captured Constantinople 50 years earlier.

I am also a fan of Ata-Turk, he should have handed it back to the Christian population of Turkey; however, what he did was the next best thing. I, therefore, do not agree with its re-conversion to the mosque. On this basis, the Indian Courts' decision to convert Babri Masjid back to the Ram Temple at Ayodhya is also justified.

How can this be called a victory for the Muslims? The Islam I believe in teaches Muslims to respect other religions and their places of worship:

Say, "We have believed in Allah and in what was revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and the Descendants, and in what was given to Moses and Jesus and to the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and we are Muslims [submitting] to Him.”
(The Holy Quran 3:84)

Church, Museum, or a Mosque, Hagia Sophia remains one of the greatest buildings in the world. In addition to this Istanbul; a city I love for its great location, historical sights, and truly great food; boasts at least three other truly awe-inspiring monuments, namely the Topkapi Palace, Sultan Ahmed Mosque and the underground water storage (Basilica Cistern). I would, therefore, urge all those who can manage to visit Istanbul at least once in their lifetime.

Last edited:
I didnt obverse such hue and cry and a profound reaction from the WORLD when Endian supreme court gave judgement to demolition Babri Masjid, however, now they have blue tears in their eye - WHY?

If this is not hypocrisy then what it will be?

Back
Top Bottom