What's new

Turkish Air Defence Programs

Dede KORKUT with Aselsan FCS

DKqF9exW0AE2ucO.jpg

Why turkey not purchase missile technology from north Korea (I mean undercover)

because we work together with south korea.. we helped them in korea war thats why they are very kind towards us (yes money does play a bigger role I know)..

south korea is a real friendly country and we have strong ties.. you would destroy that ties and the damage would be worser than your benefit..

because we work together with south korea.. we helped them in korea war thats why they are very kind towards us (yes money does play a bigger role I know)..

south korea is a real friendly country and we have strong ties.. you would destroy that ties and the damage would be worser than your benefit..
Then let south Korea help turkey as they also have developed longer range Sam system.plus SLV

Why turkey not purchase missile technology from north Korea (I mean undercover)
Why should we? Turkey already designed and produced indigenous Ballistic missiles with 1500 km range. Afaik, We have no intention of developing ICBMs, So They don't have anything to offer us. Also Only missile South Korea can offer us is "Cheolmae-2". And Hisar already has comparable SAM missile Even tough It isnt developed Indigenously. South Korea can help us develop our Space launch system Even tough, Their system isn't even ready yet. But That is worth considering.

the problem is the US i think who wont allow that

The two systems (Of South Korea) - Exoatmospheric Interceptor and SLV - are completely indigenous therefore the USA do not have a say on the subject. Both were developed against the advice of the US.

As for the ‘L-SAM Hanwha’, the US wanted she (South Korea) buys the THAAD system for her needs. South Korea has never accepted. The systems that are presently present in South Korea are not purchases, they are part of the common defense agreement between the US, Japan and South Korea.

... So They don't have anything to offer us. Also Only missile South Korea can offer us is "Cheolmae-2". And Hisar already has comparable SAM missile Even tough It isnt developed Indigenously.

No Hisar is not ‘currently’ on the same level as the M-SAM, it is lower.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/turk...dates-discussions.332876/page-70#post-9882699

...South Korea can help us develop our Space launch system Even tough, Their system isn't even ready yet...

Their launcher is ready for more than 70%. The most complex and primordial elements of a launcher, it's always the engines and they're totally ready.

“In early 2016, the LRE-75 rocket engine propelling the first and second stages was successfully tested on a test bench for a duration equivalent to that of its operation during a real flight. In October 2016 the LRE-7 third-stage engine was successfully tested on a test bench. A test rocket KSR-IV made from the last two stages of the launcher must make it possible to test the operation of the LRE-75 motors and LRE-7 in December 2017 in the context of a suborbital flight.

This rocket, baptized KSR-IV, a length of 26.1 meters for a diameter of 2.6 meters and a mass of 53 tons. The ‘launcher KSLV-2’ in its final configuration must make its first flight in 2020.”

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/turk...dates-discussions.230540/page-43#post-9470263

@Bubblegum Crisis Yes "Cheolmae-2" has longer range than our derivative of Iris T missile, But Iris T missile has dual pulse capability which "Cheolmae-2" doesn't have. The more modern missile with more capability vs longer range, This is open for discussion. Imho We can always add some booster So Iris T is a better choice. but that is my opinion and this is open for discussion.

@Bubblegum Crisis Yes "Cheolmae-2" has longer range than our derivative of Iris T missile, But Iris T missile has dual pulse capability which "Cheolmae-2" doesn't have. The more modern missile with more capability vs longer range, This is open for discussion. Imho We can always add some booster So Iris T is a better choice. but that is my opinion and this is open for discussion.

M-SAM is currently at the same level as MIM-104F (PAC-3), not Hisar. It’s a fact.

With Hisra-U, yes there it will be another story.

M-SAM is currently at the same level as MIM-104F (PAC-3), not Hisar. It’s a fact.

Afaik, Range of "Cheolmae-2" is 40 km. And This South Korean project was always intended to their medium range SAMs.

here is a Janes article stating it is medium range;

http://www.janes.com/article/69657/south-korea-in-final-phase-of-developing-cheongung-m-sam

If You show me some solid article to prove your claim, I can change my mind about it. But I couldn't find anything concrete to support your claims.

Afaik, Range of "Cheolmae-2" is 40 km. And This South Korean project was always intended to their medium range SAMs.

here is a Janes article stating it is medium range;

http://www.janes.com/article/69657/south-korea-in-final-phase-of-developing-cheongung-m-sam

If You show me some solid article to prove your claim, I can change my mind about it. But I couldn't find anything concrete to support your claims.

Patriot PAC-3 (Anti-ballistic missile system)

South Korea to mass-produce improved Cheongung M-SAM, says report

South Korea deploys surface-to-air guided missile system along maritime border

S. Korea set to mass-produce new missile interceptor

천궁 (유도탄)

Last edited:

I think you have some problem comprehending information. None of these links says it has more than 40km range.

Patriot PAC-3

MIM 104F Missile

Range : 40 km
Altitude of fire : 20 km

M-SAM

9M96E Surface-to-Air Missile (Link)

Missiles S Triumf Russia

Agency for Defense Development (ADD)

Range : Above 40 km
Altitude of fire : Above 20km

Last edited:
MIM-104F missile is used against TBM while KM-SAM is used against air breathing engines. They are totally different class.

Back
Top Bottom