What's new

Turkish Air Defence Programs

Why not use Korkut as Shorads to protect S400? It is perfect match.

Maybe. But you need not Korkut, you could take Aselsan upgraded and remote controlled Oerlikon twin 35 mm,
same range, same guns and same ammo. But guns only are for VSHORAD.
We don't know the details of the S-400 deal yet.

Pantsir would at first a better choice, it is proven combined SHORAD/VSHORAD system.
The picture I posted is from Russian AB Himeim in Syria.

If delivery starts as expected in 2018 or already started, there could be some Russian Shorads in the deal;
Pantsir would be a smart solution and could be integrated in the Russian infrastructure.
%D0%91%D1%83%D0%B4%D0%BD%D0%B8_%D0%B0%D0%B2%D0%B8%D0%B0%D0%B3%D1%80%D1%83%D0%BF%D0%BF%D1%8B_%D0%92%D0%9A%D0%A1_%D0%A0%D0%A4_%D0%BD%D0%B0_%D0%B0%D1%8D%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B4%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%B5_%D0%A5%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%B9%D0%BC%D0%B8%D0%BC_%D0%B2_%D0%A1%D0%B8%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B8_%2843%29.jpg
I m big fan of Pantsir, it is bad azzzz...

Which will fail if the Italians don't stop supporting GKRY.
I think deep cooperation formed when Turkey joined Eurosam in its development for long range air defense systems. @Vord said that it is possible to also buy SAMP/T and then I didnt look on it realistic because of the money that we must give. After all long range air defense systems are very expensive. I was thinking that we would invest directly for Aster 30 Block II and get our Hisar U like brother of it. @Bubblegum Crisis is perfect with his memory. Bubble can you remember when somebody shared kill vehicle on a brochure related to the national long range air defense project? I think we will be working on it with together with France and Italy and shape it for our requirements with more national hardware as possible. I should start making archive of the developments damn it.

making archive

Put S-400 and Pantsir discussion in your archive. Bismarck asked a while ago, " who will protect S-400" against SOM like low flying terrain following threats. In some forums you can read that Pantsir was mentioned, but "Kuvvet" wants a mix of Korkut and Hisar-A/O. 28.September Putin and President Erdogan Erdogan will meet in Ankara.

I think deep cooperation formed when Turkey joined Eurosam in its development for long range air defense systems. @Vord said that it is possible to also buy SAMP/T and then I didnt look on it realistic because of the money that we must give. After all long range air defense systems are very expensive. I was thinking that we would invest directly for Aster 30 Block II and get our Hisar U like brother of it. @Bubblegum Crisis is perfect with his memory. Bubble can you remember when somebody shared kill vehicle on a brochure related to the national long range air defense project? I think we will be working on it with together with France and Italy and shape it for our requirements with more national hardware as possible. I should start making archive of the developments damn it.

This has never appeared in any real brochures because ‘this is the essential point’ of such a technology - Kill vehicle capacity - hence all the problems encountered with the USA.

Clearly, the US does not want to share this technology with Turkey as they did for Israel. Even more, now, with exo-atmospheric capability (Therefore almost Space Technology).

It must be said that they (USA) have not done also with South Korea, which has set up its own national program. Its technological level of space has opened the doors - with a little R&D - to reach henceforth this point.

Lockheed THAAD Extended Range (THAAD ER)

M-SAM (Similar to Patriot PAC-3)

L-SAM Hanwha's Exoatmospheric Hit-to-Kill Interceptor

L-SAM Divert & Attitude Control System

L-SAM Very Long-Range AESA Multifunctional Radar

Last edited:
This has never appeared in any real brochures because ‘this is the essential point’ of such a technology - Kill vehicle capacity - hence all the problems encountered with the USA.

Clearly, the US does not want to share this technology with Turkey as they did for Israel. Even more, now, exo-atmospheric capability (Therefore almost Space Technology).

It must be said that they (USA) have not done also with South Korea, which has set up its own national program. Its technological level of space has opened the doors - with a little R&D - to reach henceforth this point.

Lockheed THAAD Extended Range (THAAD ER)

M-SAM (Similar to Patriot PAC-3)

L-SAM Hanwha's Exoatmospheric Hit-to-Kill Interceptor

L-SAM Divert & Attitude Control System

L-SAM Very Long-Range AESA Multifunctional Radar

So there are possibility of Turkey south Korea cooperation in development of long range air defense system.

Why do you think so?

Well, South Korea has many times, in many projects (Altay, Fırtına, Hurkus etc ...), always collaborated with Turkey without any restriction of technology transfer - certainly the weight of history -.

All its defense systems are of NATO standards, therefore fully compatible without any modification.

The only subject for negotiation is the percentage of the sum to be invested for R&D in co-development for each country for the only element they lack at both of them, the ‘Exoatmospheric Kill Interceptor’.

Well, South Korea has many times, in many projects (Altay, Fırtına, Hurkus etc ...), always collaborated with Turkey without any restriction of technology transfer - certainly the weight of history -.

All its defense systems are of NATO standards, therefore fully compatible without any modification.

The only subject for negotiation is the percentage of the sum to be invested for R&D in co-development for each country for the only element they lack at both of them, the ‘Exoatmospheric Kill Interceptor’.

No, not all South Korean weaponry is of NATO standard. There's a reason why K9 thunder howitzer received fire control modifications and certainly is reason why Australian howitzer tender in which K9 participated had Aselsans fire control system.

No, not all South Korean weaponry is of NATO standard. There's a reason why K9 thunder howitzer received fire control modifications and certainly is reason why Australian howitzer tender in which K9 participated had Aselsans fire control system.

These are minor changes.

South Korea, Japan are the two major allies of the West (USA, Europe) in East Asia therefore also of Turkey. Their military equipments (purchased or manufactured) is all to NATO standards.

Back
Top Bottom