What's new

Turkey to modernize F-16 fighter jets of Pakistan Air Force

And the air force hated him for stepping in their turf. But then the potency of the chinese awacs shut the mouths of the paf.
China at there time was relatively new in this field, we have tried to used western radars on even our fighters in the past that we acquired from China. ZDK-03 however proved itself and is upto the task. A few months back (may be around a year or so) there were talks of PAF going for more ZDK-03 but that never materialized. They now have even better models to offer of PAF want to consider those.

J10B could have been a amazing catch first Nation to fly it beside China , Chance lost
We could have retired 40 old mirages

How can mlu f16 be the same as block 52

They have different engines and radars

The apg 69 is exclusive to block 52

As the conformal fuel tanks and some of the weapons are not comparable with older blocks being mlu

I dont think 76 odds F-16 is able to counter 220 Sukhois, the reason why we havent seen any F-16 in kargil war.

What was the reason of not buying J10 fighter jets.
Interview of Tahir Rafiq Butt (e).jpg

Hi,

My assessment is that he is LYING about J10 still being considered---.

I think that the " heat " of not getting the right aircraft in a timely manner is getting to the Paf---but as most of the pakistanis are illiterate about weapons systems---the Paf can make a kind of " whitewash " statement to pary the obejection from the public.

Unless the J10 is forced upon the Paf---they are not considering that aircraft.

Here is the thing---the JF17 is a great aircraft on its own merit---but in the presence and availability of the J10---there was no need for it---.

The JF17 program should have been stopped and all investments made in the J10 program---. All assembly and manufacturing rights acquired---.

Just for comparison---the Israeli air force walked away from the Levi once the F16 became available to them.

Even though the JF17 is a great aircraft---it would still be a notch below the J10--- + there was no basic & tactical need to continue---rather a blunder.

Hi,

My assessment is that he is LYING about J10 still being considered---.

I think that the " heat " of not getting the right aircraft in a timely manner is getting to the Paf---but as most of the pakistanis are illiterate about weapons systems---the Paf can make a kind of " whitewash " statement to pary the obejection from the public.

Unless the J10 is forced upon the Paf---they are not considering that aircraft.

Here is the thing---the JF17 is a great aircraft on its own merit---but in the presence and availability of the J10---there was no need for it---.

The JF17 program should have been stopped and all investments made in the J10 program---. All assembly and manufacturing rights acquired---.

Just for comparison---the Israeli air force walked away from the Levi once the F16 became available to them.

Even though the JF17 is a great aircraft---it would still be a notch below the J10--- + there was no basic & tactical need to continue---rather a blunder.
Israel walked away from the lavi cus of american pressure, and military aid to buy U.S war planes.

Israel walked away from the lavi cus of american pressure, and military aid to buy U.S war planes.

Hi,

Regardless---ended up as a wise decision---.

Or maybe the Israelis setup the americans---start their own project and the americans will come running with their best on the platter.

I have spoken here many a times---if the Paf wants the F16---they need to get the J10's first---.

The F16 will come fast---.

Car sales 101---take away what is given and you will create panic in their camps.

Israel took away U S dominance by going the Levi route---the americans did not like it---they wanted to keep some influence---.

Ego of the Paf.

Dear Sir many pros here contradicted your views many times.
J10 disadvantages.

1 J10A was providing no new capability.
2. Unreliable engine
3. FBW and system issues/failures.

Now what J10B/C can offer shall easily be included in JF17 block3. Apart from endurance and perhaps some radar range which can be overcome by network centric warfare. Moreover even with inclusion of Western matured ECM/ESM gadgets the JF17 block III shall certainly be a competitive platform for any adversary at relatively lesser price.

On the other hand the experience gained by Pak engineers and techs by directly involving in production of a new jet could not be achieved by merely assembling an existing jet. The investment shall pay off in longer run.

For deep penetration/bombing missions Pak should get FC31 or any Jet like J16 having capabilities near it.

Now if in near future same engine WS13 is used for both JF17 and future jet it will shall result in economy.

Sir .....
1- At the time when JF-17 project initiated J-10 was not a very known program, in fact it was also in its early development phase
2- J-10A which after some was offered to Pakistan (I think in the year 2005) was not satisfying the needs of PAF
3- PAF had already utilized whatever the funds available at that time with JF-17 & AEW&C platforms
4- You know very well after Musharraf economy of Pakistan took a nose dive in Zardari era & still it is suffering

Back
Top Bottom